Oi speccy four eyes! - Any of you had laser eye surgery?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby fivecups » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:20 am

addy wrote:If anyone wants any questions answering about laser surgery then let me know. My wife is a consultant laser optometrist for Optical Express here in Hull. She does consultations 5 days a week for people wanting laser eye surgery. I'll ask her any stuff you want to know and post back here.

Addy, I had it done 2 days ago. Could you ask her when the haloes surrounding all the street lights and car lights are likely to disappear?

Cheers!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:28 am

fivecups wrote:Addy, I had it done 2 days ago. Could you ask her when the haloes surrounding all the street lights and car lights are likely to disappear?

Cheers!

I can answer that mate.  It's as soon as you sober up.   :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:12 am

The Good Yank wrote:
fivecups wrote:Addy, I had it done 2 days ago. Could you ask her when the haloes surrounding all the street lights and car lights are likely to disappear?

Cheers!

:D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:50 am

The Good Yank wrote:

Cheers!

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:53 am

woof woof ! wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:

Cheers!

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

:laugh:

Fat lot of use Addy turned out to be!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:29 pm

metalhead wrote:not worry, soon they will come up with something new and medical technology will let you have eagle vision in the future... how awesome is that :buttrock  :D

Been done already MH!

tonyeh

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm looking to get this done but am not sure what company to go for. I need to have a consultation first and see if I can even get it done. I found London Vision Clinic but they charge like 4k for both eyes. I'm sure I've seen places offering them for cheaper but don't know where to start.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:25 am

They told me to hang on for a few years until my eyesight adjusts permanently before laser surgery.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:21 am

tubby » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:02 pm wrote:I'm looking to get this done but am not sure what company to go for. I need to have a consultation first and see if I can even get it done. I found London Vision Clinic but they charge like 4k for both eyes. I'm sure I've seen places offering them for cheaper but don't know where to start.

A guy at my workplace is flying up to  Thailand to get his eyes done. Apparently he can both done for half price he would at a hospital here in Oz
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:35 am

I would definitely do a bit of research to find an experienced surgeon with good outcomes. It may cost a bit more, but it's your eyes they're working on.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:57 pm

laza » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:21 am wrote:
tubby » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:02 pm wrote:I'm looking to get this done but am not sure what company to go for. I need to have a consultation first and see if I can even get it done. I found London Vision Clinic but they charge like 4k for both eyes. I'm sure I've seen places offering them for cheaper but don't know where to start.

A guy at my workplace is flying up to  Thailand to get his eyes done. Apparently he can both done for half price he would at a hospital here in Oz

2 of my aunt's got theirs done in India. Paid like £600 in total and even with airfare still works out cheaper than here. I think it depends also on how bad your eyesight is. If it's like me -5 then I'm looking at between £2-3k.

fivecups » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:35 am wrote:I would definitely do a bit of research to find an experienced surgeon with good outcomes. It may cost a bit more, but it's your eyes they're working on.

Thanks. Yes I have a consultation this week with optical express so plan to get all my questions out of the way then. Right now my main questions will be what degredation of eye sight number can I expect and in what timeframe post surgery? Also for what tasks might I still have to wear glasses for. If it's just reading I think I'm willing to conceded that.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:21 pm

would consider it if I had the money.  Terrified id be left blind or something though  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Yeah I thought of that too but I think the chances of that happening are very low.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:11 pm

tubby » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:57 pm wrote:
laza » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:21 am wrote:

2 of my aunt's got theirs done in India. Paid like £600 in total and even with airfare still works out cheaper than here. I think it depends also on how bad your eyesight is. If it's like me -5 then I'm looking at between £2-3k.

fivecups » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:35 am wrote:I would definitely do a bit of research to find an experienced surgeon with good outcomes. It may cost a bit more, but it's your eyes they're working on.

Thanks. Yes I have a consultation this week with optical express so plan to get all my questions out of the way then. Right now my main questions will be what degredation of eye sight number can I expect and in what timeframe post surgery? Also for what tasks might I still have to wear glasses for. If it's just reading I think I'm willing to conceded that.

Bav - most people start to become long-sighted in their forties - there's a bit of variablility.

As for reading glasses, I would have thought you'll not need them at all. I haven't worn glasses for over 2 years now and my eye-sight remains better than 20:20. I still get haloes around artificial lights but it doesn't bother me.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:22 pm

My mom did this a while ago. It's nothing to be afraid of.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum