Other scores significant or not - 2012-13

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:53 am

huge win for rafa at goodison, everton hadnt lost a game at home all season and prior to today they`d only lost 2 of their previous twenty odd league encounters so to win there was a tremendous result.
benitez will turn chelsea into a crushing machine if they stick with him
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boxscarf » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:15 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:53 am wrote:huge win for rafa at goodison, everton hadnt lost a game at home all season and prior to today they`d only lost 2 of their previous twenty odd league encounters so to win there was a tremendous result.

Rafa is wasted on Chelsea. Their fans will never accept him, no matter what he says, does or wins with them. If I was Roman Abramovich I would seriously consider making Benitez's tenure a permanent one. Back him and he'll win you trophies, no questions asked.
Boxscarf

Postby Boocity » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Boxscarf » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:15 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:53 am wrote:huge win for rafa at goodison, everton hadnt lost a game at home all season and prior to today they`d only lost 2 of their previous twenty odd league encounters so to win there was a tremendous result.

Rafa is wasted on Chelsea. Their fans will never accept him, no matter what he says, does or wins with them. If I was Roman Abramovich I would seriously consider making Benitez's tenure a permanent one. Back him and he'll win you trophies, no questions asked.

Ambramovich doesn't want to win just trophies, he wants the league and the Champions League every season and if a manager cannot deliver any of them then he will be out so Rafa would only get a deal if he wins the league this year
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Boocity » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:42 pm wrote:
Ambramovich doesn't want to win just trophies, he wants the league and the Champions League every season and if a manager cannot deliver any of them then he will be out so Rafa would only get a deal if he wins the league this year

If you back Rafa Benitez in all of his targets, he'll get you Champions League trophies and League Titles. Rafa is one of the best managers in the game and Chelsea already look like a much better team from the one being managed by Di Matteo.

Take nothing away from DiMatteo, he's a good manager, but Rafa is a great manager and if I was a Chelsea supporter I would be excited about having Rafa as a manager. That Chelsea team with Rafa have the potential to dominate the Champions League.
Boxscarf

Postby burjennio » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Well tonight would suggest he still hasnt learned his lesson in regards to rotating half your team against inferior opposition. He also chinned my bet  :veryangry
burjennio

Postby Boocity » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:44 am

Bloody hell, big sam having a go at ManU, wonders never cease, his remarks on Sky after losing in FA cup

Allardyce's side were denied a penalty when the ball struck Rafael's arm, only for the hosts to be awarded one later when Jordan Spence handled late on.

"You see it time and time again at Old Trafford," Allardyce said at full-time.

"There's no doubt about the difference between Rafael's handball and Jordan Spence's.

"Spence plays for West Ham and the away team, while Rafael plays for the home side at Old Trafford."
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:41 pm

bad result for villa that, you`d think a prem side would have way too much for a league 2 side, especially over 2 legs and with a wembley cup final at stake.
tremendous effort by bradford though, beating arsenal and villa back to back is a magnificent achievement, especially when your team was put together for the grand total of nine thousand quid.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:36 am

Although West Ham were abysmal tonight ,Arsenal's sudden ominous return to form with Wilshere pulling the strings in midfield makes it more imperative
that the reds are 100% on their game when we visit  the Emirates next wed ...they looked more than a bit useful earlier,and Podolski will take some stopping .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:45 pm

How Sh*t are Chelsea? Sissoko looks like he might be a great signing for Newcastle though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:52 pm

damjan193 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:45 pm wrote:How Sh*t are Chelsea? Sissoko looks like he might be a great signing for Newcastle though.

as we know ourselves when there is discontent amongst the fanbase and you chop and change managers bad results happen.
good result for us though, as was villa`s draw at everton.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 pm

I honestly do not understand how Manchester United are still the top team in the Premier League. Those who say that luck has nothing to do with it can go do one. Most of their games have been like today against Fulham and to get a win with that kind of a performance is nothing but luck.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Shame Arsenal scored late on to get the 3 points. would have been an extra motivation today. I expect WBA to get something from Spurs today

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:30 pm

LFC1990 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:02 am wrote:Shame Arsenal scored late on to get the 3 points. would have been an extra motivation today. I expect WBA to get something from Spurs today

hope your right mate but west brom are in freefall at the moment.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:26 pm

i think the destiny of the title was decided today at st. marys.
with united playing madrid on wednesday i wouldnt be surprised if ferguson rests a few players tomorrow now that city`s title challenge has imploded and that might leave the door ajar for everton.
spurs, arsenal and chelsea all won today and we could do without everton winning as well!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Can't believe Sunderland wouldn't score against Arsenal. It was as if they settled for a 1-0 loss!

As for City, I wasn't surprised to be honest. City are a Sh*t team with a Sh*t manager.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion