Save Reg - Downsize Photo Programme

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:25 am

'Computers' and 'Reg' do not sit comfortably in the same sentence.

Can anyone recommend a free programme for downsizing photos from your camera/pc for posting on the net?

Mrs Reg has got an Apple Mac iLaptop which I can't work out and I have a Canon something or other that I can't work out either.

The Canon downloads great quality pics onto the iLaptop but their 2mega size and too big to post on forums etc.. I used to have a programme that downsized on my old (now RIP) laptop but this iLaptop is too ruddy complicated so it has to be compatible with that.

Genuine advice much appreciated.  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 am

Assuming you are using iPhoto to view your pictures. You don't need to download any extra software.

Select Export from the file menu and pick a size that suits (small, medium, large, etc)
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 am

what's an iLaptop? do you mean a macbook?

anyway... any mac computer should have iPhoto already installed on it, and this is the program that all your digital camera photos should go to. in iPhoto, go to the 'file' menu and choose 'export'. this will bring up a little box giving you various options for resaving, resizing, etc for various purposes.

if you need more help just let me know.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks lads, will sit down with the missus tonight. I didn't realise iPhoto did that.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 pm

iLaptop  :laugh:  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:06 pm

My Canon camera has a setting on it that will automatically downsize photos (if that helps you).  It will save the original larger sized, and a smaller sized version as well.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:31 pm

if you are using iphoto just do as scs says in one of the above posts.
pretty much any photo software will allow you to scale a picture before you export it.often the best one is the one that you get with the camera so try and dig out the disc,if you are on a ilaptop(sorry couldnt resist :laugh: )and dont have a drive to load it then rip it on another machine and transfer it with a usb flash drive.
alternatively you could try the manufacturer as they might have the software available via download.
there are loads of free ones available on the net so just take an hour or so and research the one you think best suits your needs.
if you want to post the make and model of your camera ill try and find the software for you.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Return to General Chat Forum