Clint dempsey - I would have him in a flash

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:34 am

[quote="ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:06 pm"

you want to mention that to tom werner, he said in an interview that he wanted to grow our fanbase in the u.s and the quickest way to do that would be to sign an american player.[/quote]
Ha.  If I ever did meet him I'd tell him to keep his yap shut and just focus on his job of making LFC self sustainable (Which he is doing a good job of BTW).
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:13 am

Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:19 pm wrote:What is to celebrate ?! That's a f*cking shitty thing to do - wouldn't want the ***** now after that.

It says Liverpool have no apparent interest in him ,now that for me is more than cause to celebrate .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:29 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:44 pm wrote:if the reports are true and he`s not coming here i cant say i`m exactly heartbroken with the news, this always seemed a purely commercial signing to me.
i must say though that i think the club have handled this affair rather badly, we`ve obviously had discussions with fulham about dempsey and somewhere along the line it seems we`ve somehow given dempsey the impression that we were deffo going to sign him (mind you announcing his signing on the nesn website probably didnt help!).
we`ve unsettled the player to the extent he refused to go on a pre season tour and now by the looks of it he is refusing to play for fulham ever again stating he wants to sign for liverpool. the problem is we have never put in a formal bid for him and now by the looks of it we are pulling out of the deal altogether leaving fulham and dempsey at loggerheads with each other and in limbo. we have plunged fulhams pre season into chaos.
if it happened to us we`d be doing our nut, fulham football club (and probably clint dempsey) are going to think liverpool football club are the biggest shower of ***** on the planet.

well, we did that with barry n keane, n those responsibles are dragging the club's in the mud.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill