Rafa and chelsea - Could avb's time be up?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Im sure Rafa does love Liverpool but afterall, we sacked him when he wanted to stay.
Im sure he'd love to come back if we'd have him but we won't... so he is within his rights to take another job.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:35 pm

jacdaniel wrote:Im sure Rafa does love Liverpool but afterall, we sacked him when he wanted to stay.
Im sure he'd love to come back if we'd have him but we won't... so he is within his rights to take another job.

To be honest lad, i couldn't care less.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:54 am

rafa confirms his interest in chavs job.
Code: Select all
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17271855
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Rafa's been out of a job for 2 years and do people honestly think Rafa would turn down the chance to join the Chavs, with a 100 million budget?

If he goes it will be really tough for him.

When the supporters are already chanting against him and he isn't even their manager, imagine the pressure he will be under if he takes the job. He be far better taking on a smaller club with less baggage and player egos.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:01 pm

tubby wrote:Doesn't he still donate money every year to HJC? Anyway I'm sure plenty of fans would love to see him back.

I am one of those supporters who was bitterly disappointed with Benitez's treatment from 2007-2010 and was very angry and upset about his departure. If Benitez is waiting for Dalglish to move on and re-take the reigns of this club, then I hope Henry and Werner will give him another chance. Rafa has shown what he can do with a shoe string budget - Two CL finals in three years, one of them resulted in a magical triumph in the face of certain defeat and an FA Cup. He even managed to get us our highest league points total in history with a sell-to-buy transfer policy, so I relish to think what he would do with the financial support of a sporting organisation like F.S.G.

I hope and pray that Benitez is not going to Chelsea, where the players have more authority than their manager and where the Owner behaves as the manager. Benitez would have to be as mad as a hatter to make the same mistake twice, if he hasn't learnt his lesson from the sinking ship that is Inter Milan, he'll never learn.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:04 pm

dawson99 wrote:Poinsoned chalice while the chelsea pensioners are still there. Needs a complete clean sweep. Id let AVB stay, get rid of 5 or 6 6 of the real old ones and make his own team

Frank Lampard and John Terry hold far too much influence in the dressing room. Rumours circulated that Lampard and Terry were influential in the sackings of Grant, Ancelotti and AVB. The first thing any manager should do is transfer list both of the aging relics, of course Roman will probably block any possible departure of two of Chelsea's finest footballers.  :laugh:
Boxscarf

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion