Rafa and chelsea - Could avb's time be up?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:00 pm

rumours are beginning to gather pace on the future of avb and some media outlets are saying that roman has had enough and will try and tempt rafa in till the end of the season to secure 4th place.

as we all know he has enough experience to do it but would he want another job under a relentless owner? and how would we feel about him managing another rival in the race for 4th?

[url=http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/chelsea-owner-roman-abramovich-is-torn-on-the-future-of-manager-andre-villasboas-3029362.h
tml]source[/url]
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Really hope there is no truth to this. I'm sure Rafa is still waiting it out for another crack with us. Plus the Chelsea fans used to throw all sorts of abuse at him. It would surely not go down well with them?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:06 pm

While i will appreciate what he did for us during his time as manager, now he’s gone, i couldn’t care less. 
He’s not part of LFC anymore and he can manage any club he wants...although i’d take offence if he went to Manure.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Doesn't he still donate money every year to HJC? Anyway I'm sure plenty of fans would love to see him back.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:23 pm

tubby wrote:Really hope there is no truth to this. I'm sure Rafa is still waiting it out for another crack with us. Plus the Chelsea fans used to throw all sorts of abuse at him. It would surely not go down well with them?

i think he would be interested in it though.
they havent a bad side with the exception of a few oldies but i cant see many of them lasting beyond this season.
abramovich being abramovich would surely back him to the hilt in the transfer market like he has with previous managers.
could be right up rafa's street but i dont think he would enter into discussions till avb has parted.
as for the chavs they would wave their plastic flags in delight i reckon
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:26 pm

tubby wrote:Doesn't he still donate money every year to HJC? Anyway I'm sure plenty of fans would love to see him back.

as far as ive read he does and its a cause close to his heart.
personally i would love to see him back here but not at the expense of kenny.
ideally i would love to see him as manager and kenny as coach but somehow i couldnt see that happening :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:30 pm

apoligies SS i should have posted it here rather than in the lfc general discussion.
at least i can be thankful it didnt fall victim to your dyson:laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:33 pm

red till i die!! wrote:
tubby wrote:Doesn't he still donate money every year to HJC? Anyway I'm sure plenty of fans would love to see him back.

as far as ive read he does and its a cause close to his heart.
personally i would love to see him back here but not at the expense of kenny.
ideally i would love to see him as manager and kenny as coach but somehow i couldnt see that happening :down:

Ok I wasn't saying at the expense of Kenny, but IF for some reason Kenny sidestepped or decided to take another role upstairs then there isn't anyone else id want tbh. He knows the club, knows the fans and lets face it we had some good times under him and came as close as any manager has to winning the league in recent times. Yes he made some transfer mistakes but Kenny potentially has trumped them all so I'm not having any of that 20mil wasted on Aquilani bolloc.ks.   :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:26 am

not sure what to make of this, Chelsea managers are slaughtered all the time and he'd be taking on a job which in my opinion is impossible with the egos there. I wouldn't want him to go to Chelsea, first off he might make them better and secondly he might have his career further tarnished. I dont like the idea of competing with him

Go for the Wolves job rafa lad :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RedAnt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:53 pm

I honestly believe (or want to believe) that Rafa would reject any approach from Chelski. To say Rafa's no longer apart of us is false. He's a part of our history as an ex manager and part of our  present as a supporter. He's an intelligent man and going to Chelski would be crazy really.

Then again, football and all involved are generally very fickle when there's wads of cash being tossed around.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:55 pm

RedAnt wrote:I honestly believe (or want to believe) that Rafa would reject any approach from Chelski. To say Rafa's no longer apart of us is false. He's a part of our history as an ex manager and part of our  present as a supporter. He's an intelligent man and going to Chelski would be crazy really.

Then again, football and all involved are generally very fickle when there's wads of cash being tossed around.

i think the only way rafa would reject chelsea is if he was approached behind avb's back.
roman has been ruthless with his managers and seemingly the case is success or your out.
this philosophy hasnt got him anywhere and either he sticks with avb on the hope that he will deliver in the next 2 years or he goes with proven pedigree and rafa offers that.you can be guranteed that if rafa signed a deal it would be a minimum of 3 years and he would deliver trophys within that time along with regular CL qualification.
avb's problem seems to be the lack of respect from the senior members of the squad,maybe because of his age or they dont believe in his tactics but that wouldnt be a problem for benitez.

i really dont think he would take it for personal financial gain but more the fact that he will be given financial backing in the transfer market.
he is no doubt a red but he is almost 2 years out of the game now and he cant wait on the hope that he will get back in here any time soon so for the sake of his career it would be a sensible move.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:23 pm

i Rafa would jump at the chance to take the Chelsea job...in fact, i think he'd take any position at a club in the top 4, given the chance
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:10 pm

Chelsea is a poison chalice. You take the job. You get one shot, one season, else you're out and looking like a bad manager. Surely Rafa see's this?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:23 am

The problem Chelsea have is Abramovich. He all but wants to run the team as well as the club. His constant interfering causes problems with the manager, the players and the general moral. It started with Shevchenko.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:46 am

Rafa's been out of a job for 2 years and do people honestly think Rafa would turn down the chance to join the Chavs, with a 100 million budget?
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion