Spl to bring back standing terraces - Should it be allowed

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby brentd4 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Spl gives the green light to bring back standing terraces to football stadiums, what's your views on this and do you think the epl will follow
brentd4

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Not a cat in hells chance terracing will be reintroduced here. To be honest I think the SFA will rue this decision.

One thing that is sure is that a reintroduction of fencing in front of the terrace wont happen which begs the question how the SFA intend to prevent pitch invasions and manage crowd control. Seats whilst restrictive do offer relative surge control and overcrowding.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:40 am

I think its a good idea. There was never a problem with terracing to begin with. It was only because of the most useless police force in the world which caused the hillsborough disaster which caused this big change in stadiums. Pitch invasion will have the same trouble it has now. If one fan has every intention of running onto the pitch, he will do.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:16 am

Kharhaz wrote:I think its a good idea. There was never a problem with terracing to begin with. It was only because of the most useless police force in the world which caused the hillsborough disaster which caused this big change in stadiums. Pitch invasion will have the same trouble it has now. If one fan has every intention of running onto the pitch, he will do.

But it's not if one fan decides to invade the pitch. If a whole section decides to, terracing makes that extremely easy.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Germany has had succesful standing only sections in stadiums for years, if organised safely and properly i think its an excellent idea. Makes for a much better atmosphere and cheaper tickets.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:51 pm

terracing is fine if it is policed/stewarded properly, not by a bunch of clowns who don't know their erse from a hole in the ground
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:14 pm

disadvantages? elderly? disabled? etc..?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:19 am

metalhead wrote:disadvantages? elderly? disabled? etc..?

in Germany they have designated standing area's for supporters who want to stand, its not the whole stadium. For example the Kop could be standing room only and the rest of Anfield seated only.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum