Fa cup - Love it

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:53 pm

Well we all know the excitement and frustration we all endured last night 3-1 down to Luton and on to win 5-3 but i would like to point out Burton Albion who have just drawn with  Manure 0-0 and Nuneaton for geting a draw with Middlesborough for special praise.
Its what makes the fa cup the best cup competition in the world with gritty backs to the wall performances from the minnows.Minnows who we will be working along side tomorrow in our every day jobs........wonderful games,wonderful spirit but overall a wonderful competition........
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:07 pm

I think with the league dominance of Chelsea this season, some of the bigger teams i.e. Arsenal and Man Utd, as well as some of the supposedly 'big' teams such as Newcastle that are strugglling and need a run to extend their manager's stay of execution, all adds to the special feel of this year's competition.

Also a 5-3 victory doesn't do any harm as well does it :p
Jari's mullet

Postby Jari's mullet » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:09 pm

What I meant in the previous post was that Arsenal and Man utd (them especially) have placed extra significance on the cup with Chelsea's league form
Jari's mullet

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:36 pm

and Leicester have just beaten Spurs 3-2.....
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:46 pm

It is a crackin competition - even more so when the reds are still in the hat - and its great watching teams like Burton take on the big boys and also it makes a nice change from seeing the same teams playing in the same stadiums week in week out.
The only down side is having to watch matches on BBC with motty commentating - am i the only one thinking that it was about time he was put out of our misery 'cos he was talkin' some absolute b0ll0x last night (did anyone else pick up on the fact that he called Pongo Cisse even though Djib had gone off the pitch 5-10 mins earlier).

BRING ON THE 4TH ROUND DRAW 

JUST GET RID OF DAVID DAVIES AND HIS BALL SACK  :p  :p  :D  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:01 pm

Nice to see Cloughie juniors Burton Albion hold Man utd 0-0,had 2 cleared off the line too.
Absolutely Brilliant football action both yesterday and again today, all round the world they love the excitement of the "premiership",what must they think of this?
Id like to quote this from drummerphil---Minnows who we will be working along side tomorrow in our every day jobs........wonderful games,wonderful spirit but overall a wonderful competition........ :D wonderfully put
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:47 pm

Yes, a bit of magic back this year.

What they need to do is to increase the prize money so as to really get the big sides interested again. There should be more money for the teams that reach the semi finals, the runners up and a huge purse (£4-5million) for the winners. Money talks nowadays, and given the huge interest among the footballing public, surely suitable sponsorship could be found to fund the increased prize money?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Jari's mullet » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:51 am

Rushie#9 is right Motson was :censored: coommentating on the the Luton game yesterday, they replayed the Carson penalty incident about 5 or 6 times before they picked up on the fact that it was outside the area, and it was only until half time when they went back to the studio that the case was made, that it was the Luton lad's foot coming down on Carson's leg and not the other way around.
Jari's mullet

Postby zarababe » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:14 am

Today's results, oops I mean Yesterday's (Sunday ) :D puts perspective, on what we have done..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:26 am

drummerphil wrote:and Leicester have just beaten Spurs 3-2.....

Watched that tonight sourtesy of the BBC and what a god game it was too.

The FA Cup has started to regain some of the magic it has lost over the last few seasons and this weekend has been superb in terms of the mix of Cup upsets, minnows vs mighties and the mother of all FA Cup comebacks at Luton  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:50 am

I could never understand comentators/pundits sugesting the cup has lost its magic.
Maybe to certain people at certain clubs,no names mentioned,but to the important people US the fans the cup has never lost its sparkle.For me Rafa got it wrong last year with his apparent disreguard for the competition, looking at him on Saturday he seems to have learnt from that.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:38 pm

I don't give a to$$ about the Fa cup.

League and champions league are the two big ones, everything else just gets in the way.

Losing to Burnley was good for us .
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:14 pm

The Red Baron wrote:I could never understand comentators/pundits sugesting the cup has lost its magic.
Maybe to certain people at certain clubs,no names mentioned,but to the important people US the fans the cup has never lost its sparkle.For me Rafa got it wrong last year with his apparent disreguard for the competition, looking at him on Saturday he seems to have learnt from that.

Couldnt agree more, it will always be a magical cup for me.
Not that i need any more reason to hate the MANCS but their arrogant devaluing of the Cup a few seasons ago was even more reason to despise them.
Fantastic competition which hopefully we will get a good run in
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:17 pm

There's no way I could get to the Portsmouth game, so I'm going to watch City v Wigan with some City fans.  I'll be cheering on City, hoping that the Liverpool and ex-Liverpool players on both teams do us proud.
:)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:18 pm

absolute breath of fresh air this season, whether it was teams such as nuneaton and burton holding the big boys or our fantastic game against luton (for the neutral) :D

there's way too much negativity in the premier league at the moment.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion