Fan power - Let's do something about it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alxy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:19 am

Like every other LFC fan, every match this season I watched so far has been one of severe disappointment and anger at the current fate befalling our club. Previously, that raw emotion was directed at the previous owners. But I'm sure this had an effect on the players as well. Playing at Anfield used to be an awe-inspiring event for the players. But I'm sure in recent times all they could feel was the negativity.

So now owners are gone, do we just sit and hope for the best? Why not try and do something about it? Next game at Blackburn, why not try to recreate the Istanbul atmosphere? At half-time in Istanbul, I bet the feeling of the players was just about as down as they are now. But it had been said by the players themselves that hearing us fans cheer and sing YNWA gave them the motivation to come out fighting. So bring on that same loudness and positivity, and let's try to shake our players back into the form that we know they can play. Spread the word!
alxy

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:23 am

Absolutely, the parasites have gone, its time for good cheer. Even if we go 1-0 down, bring the good times back, bring back the atmosphere to Anfield and put aside the pettiness and do our job, support the team and rejuvenate the club from the stands. Good call Alxy !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:30 am

If we go 1-0 or even 2-0 down, we cheer even louder than before. Show the players what it truly means to play for LFC and how we fans are always behind them. Never has YNWA been more significant than now. If I get goosebumps hearing it sung on the telly like in Istanbul, imagine what effect it will have on the players. Sing especially louder on "At the end of the storm there's a golden sky" and of course "YNWA"!
alxy

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:38 am

Keep on dreaming guys, no ones going to cheers until we start playing good football.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:34 am

When they start playing for there wages , and treating us fans who have paid good money to go and watch them with the football we know most of them are cabable of playing thatswhen theyll get what your asking for , .
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:38 pm

Yes, we could also do that. Add to the already negative vibe surrounding the club. If we did that at Istanbul, then likely we would have lost 6-0 end of day. Or we could put aside our pettiness, let the players know that the fans are behind them and give them a real positive motivational vibe that obviously Roy is not capable of doing himself. What harm could there be in at least trying?
alxy

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:43 pm

good call alxy, i see where your coming from with this. worth a try .

ignore Nan and the other doomer, Ciggy will be along soon to really put a downer on it all - whoppers the lot of 'em.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:48 pm

As football supporters we should always support our club. It's not just about the players, it's about the club itself, the name of the club. How do you think that you got the title "One of the best fans in the world"? It's sure wasent like "I'm not singing untill they start playing". We should always support the club, trough good times and bad. If you dont want to support the players or the club or whatever, atleast do it for yourselfs. You got a name out there in the world, so why not try and keep it? Nothing bad can come out of supporting your own club.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion