Kenwyne jones

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:26 pm

JamCar05 wrote:Anyone heard the rumours about Keane going to Sunderland and Jones then leaving for either us or Birmingham (and if he joins us Babel will apparently go to Birmingham) ???. Can't remember where I read it but it is probably just a load of bollox by some sunday paper :laugh:

They just said that on SKY, nothing else to talk about I expect. Highly unlikely all that could be done in just 1 day.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Dinger » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:11 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:Anyone heard the rumours about Keane going to Sunderland and Jones then leaving for either us or Birmingham (and if he joins us Babel will apparently go to Birmingham) ???. Can't remember where I read it but it is probably just a load of bollox by some sunday paper :laugh:

They just said that on SKY, nothing else to talk about I expect. Highly unlikely all that could be done in just 1 day.

This is all I have seen about it so far.
Dinger

Postby leep33 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:07 pm

I hope he is signing as we are desperate for a proven striker and he would give us a bit of bite up front, saying that though i would have thought that if we were going to get him it would have been done and dusted long before the end of the window.
leep33

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:36 pm

Anyone hear   the Bitter's singing Sign him Rafa Sign him after every chance he missed (sought of soiled any potential move for me that )  :D
some of the Lads were winding me up all day with that particular gem ,sometimes these type of petty disputes end long standing friendships or maybe it was the nod I put on his nose :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:42 pm

We need another striker because Ngog must be the worst striker I have evere seen
roberto green

Postby Dinger » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:50 pm

roberto green wrote:We need another striker because Ngog must be the worst striker I have evere seen

If he works hard he could be as good Paul Stewart or David Speedie  :D
Dinger

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:47 am

Dont EVER mention David Speedie on this forum again ffs. :angry:

People say to bring back Kenny but players like Speedie are why Kenny should stay in the background.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dinger » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:21 am

Dinger

Postby neil » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:19 pm

leep33 wrote:I hope he is signing as we are desperate for a proven striker and he would give us a bit of bite up front, saying that though i would have thought that if we were going to get him it would have been done and dusted long before the end of the window.

seems as though we were in a tug o war with stoke, dang we missed out, makes you wonder doesnt it.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:20 pm

should've added a smiley there for the less astute among us(benny)

:D
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:06 am

leep33 wrote:I hope he is signing as we are desperate for a proven striker and he would give us a bit of bite up front, saying that though i would have thought that if we were going to get him it would have been done and dusted long before the end of the window.

Kenwyne Jones?!?!?!? Want a bit of bite up front, let's sign Shahid Afridi, Kenwyne Jones is about as toothless as they come : 9, 10 and 7 league goals in the last three seasons which combined is as many as Drogba managed in 09/10 alone.

Out of Heskey, Crouch and Jones, HESKEY has the most goals in a top flight league season with 14 for us in 00/01. Jones managed 10 for Sunderland in 08/09, his best of 14 in one league campaign was in the Championship. Crouch managed 12 league goals for Southampton before we bought him, 11 for Pompey in 08/09 which just fuels my claim that he only does well on the south coast
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill