Kenwyne jones

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:31 pm

So the fat headed boot licker has got a cob on with us over Kenny Jones, but says we havent even been intouch  ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:25 pm

i dont even want jones.  overrated
puroresu

Postby andy_g » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:22 am

Ciggy wrote:So the fat headed boot licker has got a cob on with us over Kenny Jones, but says we havent even been intouch  ???

i was just reading about that, lynds.

---

Steve Bruce blasts 'hugely disrespectful' Liverpool over Kenwyne Jones

• Manager upset by rumours of striker moving to Anfield
• 'I keep reading this nonsense that he's going on loan'

The Sunderland manager, Steve Bruce, has attacked Liverpool over their behaviour in the pursuit of Kenwyne Jones. Bruce insisted there has been no contact between the two clubs despite repeated speculation on Merseyside that the Trinidad & Tobago international is to join the Liverpool on loan before making a permanent switch during the summer.

"I find it hugely disrespectful, the antics of Liverpool," he said. "I have huge respect for Liverpool and the way they have done their business and the way they have conducted themselves. But this constant badgering of Kenwyne Jones when we as a club haven't heard anything, and then I keep reading this nonsense that I'm going to allow him to go on loan because it's a tax advantage for both clubs is the biggest load of rubbish I have read for weeks.

"As if I'm got to let our big, big player, one of our big, big assets, go on loan - I find it hugely disrespectful and I can't understand where Liverpool are coming from."

----

so basically, steve, you're getting your knickers in a twist about the rumours flying about in the press. not the sharpest pencil in the box, are you?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:24 am

What I don't understand is all this cr@p coming from big head bruce. I have heard absolutely nothing from Rafa or LFC about wanting Jones. If this was Fergie supposedly coming in for him, Bruce would role out the red carpet and pay Fergie to take Jones.

this is just another go at unsettling us, if its not Bruce it will be Fergies other lapdog Big Sam.  :angry:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:30 am

Steve bruce looks like a lesbo in a womens prison.

Anyway whats Rafa done wrong ? He hasnt made any comments about him in the press and apparantly hasnt been in contact.

Seems like Bruce has lost it and is trying to detract from the fact that they are struggling despite pretty major investment and backing in the summer.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby leep33 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:36 pm

s@int wrote:I remember him playing at Liverpool (last season ?) when he was clean through with only the goalkeeper to beat. He didn't just miss, you could actually SEE his bottle go , and after that he was just a peripheral player who never looked interested in getting another chance.

Good athelete, great in the air, but very questionable if he could make the step up considering his mental weaknesses.

He has still got to be better than Babel.
leep33

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:43 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Steve bruce looks like a lesbo in a womens prison.

Anyway whats Rafa done wrong ? He hasnt made any comments about him in the press and apparantly hasnt been in contact.

Seems like Bruce has lost it and is trying to detract from the fact that they are struggling despite pretty major investment and backing in the summer.

prisoner cell block H haha

:D

spot on there lad
roberto green

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:42 am

I am really really disturbed seeing so many on here actually hoping for Kenwyne Jones to come to us... what Igor said is spot on we're shopping in the bargain basement...

With all due respect to Kenwyne Jones, his record at Sunder land is 25 goals in 82 appearances... and we are complaining about Huntelaar's record of 8 in 20 at Real and 3 in 12 at Milan where Huntelaar wasn't even a regular starter. Btw Kenwyne jones have scored 57 goals in 176 (0.32) (4 seasons of which are in the Championship where you would think a player like him would score plenty of goals), whereas Huntelaars carreer record is 182 in 276 (0.66).

Right... I've seen it all it seems... move on...  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:58 am

JONES SET TO DECIDE RAFA FATE..... 

Benitez may know his Anfield fate after asking for backing in his £12m move for Kenwyne Jones
Sunday January 24,2010

RAFA Benitez may know his Anfield fate this week after calling on owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks to back him in his £12million move for Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones.

If the American pair fork out the cash, it will signal that the Spaniard still has a long-term future as Liverpool boss. Benitez, who annoyed Sunderland boss Steve Bruce by asking for the Trinidad & Tobago international on loan, has been told the asking price is £12m – although the Black Cats would take unsettled Ryan Babel, valued at £9m, in any deal.

But Babel isn’t keen on joining Sunderland or Birmingham, who met Liverpool’s asking price, and hopes Marseille harden their interest. Whatever happens with Babel, Benitez is anxious to sign a striker, especially since Fernando Torres was sidelined for six weeks.

If Gillett and Hicks block him, it could suggest they want to leave things as they are until the summer when they would go for a new man.... 

i wouldnt be surprised if rafa has asked h&g  to fund this deal  but who knows...  ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:12 pm

Must admit I'm finding it very hard to get excited about this particular rumour. If the deal goes through I'll obviously support Jones as much as any of our players, but as it is he doesn't exactly give me great expectations. If we manage to scrap together 12 million I think they could be better spent elsewhere is all (though it would definitely need to be in the striker department).
JamCar05

Postby neil » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:16 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Steve bruce looks like a lesbo in a womens prison.

linky of confirmation
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dinger » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:10 pm

Raffa is playing down talk of Jones, and declining to comment on Jovanovic.

Linkage,
Dinger

Postby Waldo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 am

Thanks f*ck that rumour has now been put to bed. Would have been a waste of valuable funds.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:10 pm

Anyone heard the rumours about Keane going to Sunderland and Jones then leaving for either us or Birmingham (and if he joins us Babel will apparently go to Birmingham) ???. Can't remember where I read it but it is probably just a load of bollox by some sunday paper :laugh:
JamCar05

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:11 pm

Edit: double post
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill