Managers 'Merry-go-Round' - Discussion:

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:27 pm

OK. Here we can discuss over an ale or three our thoughts on the prospective comings and goings for Manager's of all the other clubs during the next months.  Bearing in mind its a World Cup pantomime  year.  Who might go where, who may take a deserved - or undeserved ride upon the madness that is the infamous 'Wheel of Fortune'  The 'Carousel of Greed'...or indeed for some the 'Big Dipper of Doom'.

Whats your say?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:37 pm

I cant comment on specific names obviously but you´ll probably get 3-4 top managers resign from national teams during/after the world cup to put teh cat amongst the pigeons.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:30 pm

I think O Neill will stay were he is

Zola will go

Someone will make a move for Hodgson

Dowie wont still be at Hull

Mancini will be at City

Rafa will be on his bike
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 pm

Zola's off

Is Phil Brown still at Hull - Dowie's title isn't manager and Phil's on gardening leave - I'm gonna put my neck out and say Phil Brown will be back at Hull

O'Niell will stay

Maureen will come over

Rafa will...........I have no idea, go to Real maybe
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Zola will probably go, as will Hodgsen. Mourinho will be back in the premiership, probably at City. Rafa will go to Juve or Madrid.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:54 pm

No change at Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Everton, Birmingham, Fulham (or maybe Hodgson to replace Mourinho? :D ) , Stoke, Sunderland, Blackburn, Wigan, Wolves, Bolton.

Burnley is a possible but Laws is an ex-player and they have limited finances and not such great ambitions. Dowie will stay at Hull if he keeps them in the league or comes close to. Anything could happen at Portsmouth.

Rafa and Zola will move on. City will bin Mancini if they don't make the top four and go for Mourinho....who will leave Inter and move to either us, Man City or Real Madrid.
LFC2007

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:00 pm

Why is Mancini in the warm stuff, he´s only been over here 6 months?  The lads holding them together well.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:23 pm

Other Clubs........... he even placed particular emphasis by underlining ,and still people include Liverpool ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:45 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Other Clubs........... he even placed particular emphasis by underlining ,and still people include Liverpool ???

some people have to RBG if they think Maureen will come to us - Maureen's part of the merry go round isn't he? people think its us or City for him so we kind of have to be mentioned there somewhere dont we?

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:50 pm

You should have just stopped with some people have to ,because its obvious some  people cant help themselves ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:54 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:You should have just stopped with some people have to ,because its obvious some  people cant help themselves ???

I do agree with you FWIW, I just followed Dundalks lead  :D

he did say OTHER clubs

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:05 pm

Greavesie wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:You should have just stopped with some people have to ,because its obvious some  people cant help themselves ???

I do agree with you FWIW, I just followed Dundalks lead  :D

he did say OTHER clubs

Take no notice mate ,I do tend to get slightly pedantic after a couple of JD's  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:42 pm

LFC2007 wrote:No change at Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Everton, Birmingham, Fulham (or maybe Hodgson to replace Mourinho? :D ) , Stoke, Sunderland, Blackburn, Wigan, Wolves, Bolton.

Burnley is a possible but Laws is an ex-player and they have limited finances and not such great ambitions. Dowie will stay at Hull if he keeps them in the league or comes close to. Anything could happen at Portsmouth.

Rafa and Zola will move on. City will bin Mancini if they don't make the top four and go for Mourinho....who will leave Inter and move to either us, Man City or Real Madrid.

This just about sums it up. I'd agree with all of that.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:33 pm

Is Avram Grant still being retained as Portsmouth's gaffer after the drop?

And no i dont want him here...

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Sun May 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Just been reading a few of the posts over on the BBC Sports forums (or whatever the f*ck its called) Here's an interesting one from Chelsea 'fans'

So the morning trash papers are claiming that Jose Mourinho will become Real Madrid's next manager (no surprise there then)

But they are also claiming Jose will launch an audacious bid of £30 million for Frank Lampard.

Firstly, let's look at it from Real perspective, a team that has shelled out nearly £60 million, on younger and believe or not better player Kaka, aren't going to buy Lampard, unless Kaka is sold. Can it involve a potential swap deal, a loan, I am not sure.

Secondly, let's look at it from Jose's perspective 2 years ago he offered a miserly £8 million for Lampard. So why would he pay £22 million for a player who is 2 years older.

I'd imagine quite a few fans will be out there saying, Lampard is worth more than £30 million, he is a legend, he is irreplaceble.

A legend he is, but irreplacable he ain't.

Let's be frank (no pun intended) here, Frankie Lampard in my opinion epitomises what Chelsea is today. However, he is a limited footballer. Yes he scores goals like no other, yes he takes a decent penalty, yes he works very hard on the pitch.

But, he can't pick out a visionary pass, he can't get past players with ease, he lacks pace and technique. Don't get me wrong he is better than most, but if we want to play attractive football like Barcelona or Arsenal, we need a player in Lampard's position that not only scores goals, but more importantly creates them at ease.

He's had a great season. However, fans are so fickle, they are quick to forget, just how poor Lampard was playing for the first half of the season. They are quick to forget how he went missing in a number of games, most importantly twice against Inter. He barely touched the ball! But of course he scores 4 against dire Pompey and a couple here and there and all is forgiven and forgotten.

It may have been his most prolific season to date, sadly it's been far from his best.

Like, I've said Frankie Lampard epitomises what Chelsea is today, efficient, combative, occasionally pleasing on the eye, but sad to say isn't creative or pacey.

£30 million for Frank Lampard, I'd bite their hand off.

P.S. maybe they'll offer £30 million for Drogba, and £30 million for Terry as well?

These lads are apparantly comfortable with the idea of letting Drogba, Lampard and Terry go for less than 100 mill. Or even wondering whether they can have Kaka in return, or a swap etc.

It just struck me as amusing listening to these 'modern day' fans of one of the so-called Top Club's dismissing with such nonchalence the services of three of their most effective players. Like, hey so what....we'll get anyone here - we are Chelsea. Don't matter about integrity, humility or any other 20th century virtue...so long as Roman gets his chequebook out (which he is able to at any stage i suppose) we'll enjoy the cream of the crop. Even if it is someone elses jewel in the crown...

Right in a way, based on how the game now is....but so wrong on many levels is this abhorrant attitude. Not least of which the aspiration to call yourself a part of an institution that should be preserved for all that it was setup to achieve in the first place. No need to pontificate on what those principles and qualities are.....just enough to know, that nigh on all of those ideals are now cast firmly aside in the name of commercial prowess.

Sad, but apt.

Top club my ar5e......

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Return to Premiership - General Discussion