What u think of baros

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby 1234ram » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:22 pm

i think his worldclass but he still needs to score more goals this season he has played well what do u think
1234ram

Postby Red_Si » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:24 pm

He's having a good season and is putting much more effort in.
If he played in a decent side, he would be world class.
Red_Si

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:45 pm

Worldclass?

:angry:

He's not even top class.

He's a very good player with the potential to become quality. No more.
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:55 pm

He's slowly beginning to realise his potential, I think Stu.

That hattrick against Palace could be the start of something good for him. Pity injury intervened though.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:05 pm

Baros is definately starting to fulfill his potential. After being in the shadow of Owen for so long I think he is beginning to grow in confidence. His enthusiasam and workrate have been followed up by goals. He has been excellent. His all action style is refreshing and he has performed well without a regular strike partner. Whilst he could improve his awareness I really do not think you can fault him overall. I reckon we have a top player here  :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:09 pm

Can't critisise anyone that works as hard as Milan , he's quick , brave and skillful,  I'd still lile to see some more inteligence in his play , if that happens  we could really have a star on our hands :)
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:13 pm

I think Baros' awareness problem will be sorted out. Benitez has publically said that he feels Baros needs to work on this.

I think some of the problem there has been attitude. Ever since Baros joined Liverpool in 2001 he has been telling everyone how great he will be, but his Liverpool career didn't work out as it should have, and after Euro 2004 I think he felt that he felt justified in his criticisms of the management and had a point to prove to the club when he was picked by Benitez. I think that some of his problem with not looking up is a determination to prove to the club that they were wrong not to make him a regular ahead of Heskey.

Of course thats selfish, but after his hatrick against Palace I think Baros will settle down and feel that he has made his mark at the club and people aren't talking about Michael Owen anymore, but Milan Baros. I think as the season wears on we'll see Baros starting to pick passes more.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby optaindex » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:17 pm

baros is a very resiliant footballer who does not quit and will chase the game for as long as he is on the pitch, there are a few snags with him though, obviously he doesnt play with his head up and isn't aware of this own players, as a finisher he isn't the greatest as he perhaps get too over exuberant when in front of goal, i remember in the 2002/03 season his partnership with owen looked like blossoming when we beat west brom 6-0 but masterclass from houllier, drop your player when they are just abt coming around, i would say he isn't class yet but is full or promise and potential
optaindex

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:01 pm

optaindex wrote:baros is a very resiliant footballer who does not quit and will chase the game for as long as he is on the pitch, there are a few snags with him though, obviously he doesnt play with his head up and isn't aware of this own players, as a finisher he isn't the greatest as he perhaps get too over exuberant when in front of goal, i remember in the 2002/03 season his partnership with owen looked like blossoming when we beat west brom 6-0 but masterclass from houllier, drop your player when they are just abt coming around, i would say he isn't class yet but is full or promise and potential

Good post.

Totally agree
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 1234ram » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:32 pm

finally cheers mate
1234ram

Postby gaz31 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:44 am

trys too hard to look good but really he is good !! i think he is insecure !! lol :D
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:46 am

I think Baros has started to come good for us, he is skillful but needs to sharpen up his awareness and link up play. He can dribble his way through defenders to make something out of half chances, his finishing could be improved but then there are worse finishers in the team than him who have been missing sitters namely Luis Garcia and Djibril Cisse. I must say that for a 14 million player, Cisse's abilities have been very disappointing.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:57 pm

I think Baros has a lot of attributes that are desirable but at the same time a lot that are not so desirable.

His work ethic is astounding for a striker, you can tell he has a deep love for the game. He definitely has goals in him. Technically good, great dribler and first touch is O.K.

His biggest problem is his awareness, or his lack of it. Being selfish in the box is one thing but being selfish outside the box is another. Sometimes a simple pass forward will do the job, and he often makes good ground but then ruins it by taking on one man to many.

If he can improve on his weaknesses, then I think he could be first team regular for many years to come, but on the moment I still think he has to many flaws in his game, but the only way to solve these is by playing games and working on the training ground.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:02 pm

Baros is a good player however his bad habbit of running with his head down which can be fixed. Other than that I think he will make a name for himself in this club. He started doing so by scoring his first hat-trick at Anfield and now has to wait to prove himself again due to an unfortunate injury.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby amus » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:29 pm

not much at mo as he cant play for a while but hes great other wise:D
amus

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge