Carragher and baros - Back from injury

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby supersub » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:43 pm

Well the new year is upon us and with it comes some good news.Jamie Carragher has stepped up his training and is ear-marked for a return to action at the end of this month.Milan Baros kicked a ball early this week for the first time in months.He will step up his training and hopefully will be back in action early in February.
    If ever we needed Baros then now is the time.We have to get back on the winning trail and Milan can play an important part on the hopeful ressurgence of our beloved team.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Gareth G » Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:03 pm

I agree strongly with the Baros case. I think he will play a major part in the rest of Liverpool's season. I think Baros will be right up there with the top scorer's once he's fit, not this season obviously but i have no doubt he can score his fair share this season too.

Im happy these guy's are near fit again!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:25 pm

We certainly need Baros on board quickly, and I'm glad the lad is back in training. It's also worth putting in a word for Jamie Carragher. He never gets anything like the credit the so called 'super stars' get but Liverpool have missed some of his gritty determination and solid tackles in recent weeks.
I hope they both make full recoveries from their very serious injuries and play a part in getting us out of the doldrums over the coming months.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:53 pm

Yeah Carragher deserve's more support from us fan's, he's one of a few player's who play's with his heart in the squad these day's and i believe he was one of our best player's before he was injured, he was starting to get on top of his game. The day he and Milan got injured i was totaly gutted, i punched my T.V. in anger at the challenge that broke Jamie's leg and even hated Babbel at the time too even though it was'nt his fault. that's something i think we are lacking this year in the team, nobody is playing with passion for our club-with a few exeption's of course.

I think sometime's we're not being supportive enough, after all this can and does help player's play better in a mental way. I believe we ARE the best supporter's in the world and i truely believe in that with all my heart but lately we have been pretty stale, we need to get behind our club and start over again, one thing im sure, sorry i know our team is ignited by is "You'll never walk alone", I noticed that we are not even singing that as much now day's, honestly we need to get right behind L.F.C. and help them over come this patch. This got me thinking about Houllier too, regardless of what he's doing, we SHOULD be supporting him, at the end of the day he is our manager and we should be helping him!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wiped » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:28 pm

I can't support a Manager I have no belief in and who I think is actually harming the club in the long run. I have given him chances before but they have now officially "run out" .... he's running on empty as far as I'm concerned and if we lose to Yoevil that should be his end ..... Thompson caretaker til the end of the season and O'Neill in during the summer.

Interesting that Cisse's statement this morning about joining LFC included a bit about "reagrdless of Houlier's position" ... looks like everyone knows the enevidable.
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:01 pm

Carragher is a very underrated player...infact, I don't really like or appreciated him until he gor injured earlier this season. Alan Hansen's article in the Telegraph (if I am not mistaken) praised Carragher as the most consistent Liverpool defender the past two season and I am sure that his opinion is much better than my own...
Hopefully, Baros can return with more sharpness and can teach those planks, Heskey, Diouf etc how to score goals!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby robbie7 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:55 pm

good to hear the boys are getting back to fitness however we could do with getting rid of some of the french and bringing some talent to the club ive heard that the likes of gatusso and stam,shevchenko are looking to koin the premiership whether these are rumours but these are the ype of players we should be going for the hard workers who can score and tackle hard ...  :D
robbie7

Postby long sleeved joe » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:03 pm

both players are real quality.  Carragher is one of the most natural defenders in the premiership and from what i hear a real character in the squad so in difficult times like these just what you need. I must admit though i get frustrated when he plays fullback because he's so limited going forward and you want to see Finnan or Risse bombing it up the wing making things happen.
Having said that though he is very consistant and keeps his cool in the big games. I'd like to see him used at centre back where i can see him staying for years and if it wasnt for the phenomenan that is Stevie G then he would probably be captain.
Baros is far less proven but has always done the business for the Czechs and looked really good last season, he puts himself about, takes players on and finishes well, so a real tallent. i think that his lay off could mean he comes to form just when we need him towards the end of the season. He will also be fresh for Euro 2004 where i wouldnt be suprised if he is one of the stars of the show.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge