What about Lauren? - On bosman after this season

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:47 am

Just felt like starting a topic on something else that Morientes and Anelka. It seems Lauren isn`t happy with being offered a one-year contract when his current deal expires this summer. He`s 28 and should have some years on the pitch left in him. As his contract runs out this summer he is free to start negotiating with other clubs. I think that it would be worth a try to tempt him with an offer to come to Anfield, as he would be a quality player coming at free transfer. Any thoughts?
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:38 pm

I would think Arsenal would sort out his contract as he is a importnat player for them, but if he became available then he would defo be worth getting on a free.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 1234ram » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:33 pm

liverpool could go for him lol not that he would come
1234ram

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:12 pm

I heard UnReal Madrid were trying to get him on a pre-contract as well as Edu.

Why would any player want to go there? ???
jonnymac1979

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:25 pm

Why would any player want to go there?

Money............no not even that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:17 pm

he`s ****** in my opinion, some people think that just coz they play for arsenal they are good players i.e edu, lauren etc.
take thierry henry and sol campbell out of arsenal and they are in the same boat as us and newcastle.
and before someone says "what about viera" well, like roy keane he`s been living off his reputation for two seasons.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:41 am

totally disagree yckat.

Reyes, Pires, Ashley Cole and Vieira are class plaers, add Henry and Campbell along with a good core of players like Lauren and Bergkamp as well as excellent young players like Farbegas and Flamini coming through, you have one hell of a team.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:51 am

Yeah take HENRY, CAMPBELL, COLE, VIERA, FABREGAS, REYES, LJUNBERG, PIRES, BERGKAMP, LAUREN and FLAMINI out of the side and what have they got ? ???

Some people on here make you wonder if their just plain stupid....then they open their mouths and remove all doubt ! ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:58 am

exactly my point.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:57 am

Class! :D
115-1073096938

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:25 am

Quote Dalglish
Yeah take HENRY, CAMPBELL, COLE, VIERA, FABREGAS, REYES, LJUNBERG, PIRES, BERGKAMP, LAUREN and FLAMINI out of the side and what have they got ? 

Some people on here make you wonder if their just plain stupid....then they open their mouths and remove all doubt !

Very well put, especially the last sentence! :D

There is more to Arsenal than just Henry and Campbell. However, Lauren is better at going forward than defending and without the quality of the other offensive players at Liverpool as compared to Arsenal (to keep possession in long spells and outscore the opposition), Lauren will not be a useful addition for us
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:01 pm

hey all you experts laughing at me, look what happened against stoke when henry and campbell were out.
they got away with murder, that first stoke goal was never a push.
ashley cole is good, i forgot about him, but i wouldnt want any of the others at liverpool, i mean that.
reyes scores the odd decent goal but is very inconsistent, and at 19m he`s a luxury, in fact if it was houllier who signed him everyone would be saying he`s a waste of money.pires is a ****** cheating ******.
the two young midfielders look a bit lightweight to me, but it is early days. most arsenal fans wanted to sell viera last year.
bergkamp has been a good player but he`s too old, and i think laurens rubbish.
if you look what i said i reckoned if you took henry and campbell out of arsenal they would be in the same boat as us and newcastle. looking at their recent form i think even with them two they are no better than us.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:31 am

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:reyes scores the odd decent goal but is very inconsistent, and at 19m he`s a luxury, in fact if it was houllier who signed him everyone would be saying he`s a waste of money.pires is

b.*ll*c*ks!!!

he is only 20 yrs old or soemthing and for talent like that at that age you have to pay a lot of money, and perhaps he has been a bit incnistent in recent matches, but for the first 3-4 months he was brilliant.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:03 am

lauren is not a better player than steve finnan in my opinion. He is fairly average right back playing in a very good team and deffo not what we need.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:21 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:reyes scores the odd decent goal but is very inconsistent, and at 19m he`s a luxury, in fact if it was houllier who signed him everyone would be saying he`s a waste of money.pires is

b.*ll*c*ks!!!

he is only 20 yrs old or soemthing and for talent like that at that age you have to pay a lot of money, and perhaps he has been a bit incnistent in recent matches, but for the first 3-4 months he was brilliant.

so you think he`s worth 19m?
i`d rather have baros than him.

yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge