Vladimir smicer - Top man

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby supersub » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:15 pm

It's great to see Smicer have such an influence in every game.He has a lot of skill and superb ball control,which he has only shown fleeting glimpses of in the past couple of seasons.Hopefully GH will keep faith with Smicer because he adds another attacking dimension to the team and I believe it's quality players like Vlad who will get the best out of Owen and not the big target like Heskey.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby duck » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:50 am

HAVE TO SAY I DONT AGREE WITH YOPU ON THIS ONE,HE HAS NOT MADE ANY KIND OF AN IMPACT IN THE 4 YRS HE HAS BEEN AT THE CLUB AND I DONT SEE THAT CHANGING TOO MUCH THIS SEASON
duck

Postby RedSi » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:08 am

A difficult one......on the whole Vlad does not do it for me. Yes he does cause a few problems midfield but his end product is always sadly lacking whether that be a telling pass or a goal finish. He's been afforded significantly more opportunity than Jari had and, on balance, has failed to deliver.

I'd like to see le Tallec play an increasingly greater role. He will however have to learn to interchange positions during the course of the game with Diouf and Kewell which, to his credit, Smicer has done.
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:58 pm

Smicer was not as influential as other games but his withdrawal from the proceedings today seem to coincide with our capitulation.
             Just a thought!
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby oldredeyes » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:50 pm

You are right SS, It did fall to bits after he went off, either by coincidence or the fact that his role was vital on the day.
But if the failure was down to Smicer leaving the pitch, don't you think it's a sad day when our whole game plan falls apart due to one enforced change. In todays professional game with big squads we really shouldn.t lose momemtum the way we did. It was simply diabolical
I hope to God both Smicer and Owen are not laid up for too long because I guess GH will have to put the tea ladies out for the next game.......come to think of it!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HistoryGirl » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:44 pm

Smicer well i dont like him but he i'll admit he has done well this season but in recent years he has done bugger all for the team when he has played i'd rather have Hamann or Murphy instead of him but he has had some very good performances this season so far
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:34 pm

Murphy would be too slow for our attacking style.Smicer is the perfect foil for our style because he can control a ball in an instant with either foot and get the attack moving forward quickly.His movement and inter-play with Kewell,Diouf and Gerrard is fast and exciting.Long may it continue.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby rob chan » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:17 pm

I think Smicer is a good player and under rated by most fans:O
rob chan

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:39 pm

Supersub I completely agree, when he came of injured against Arsenal, we didn't look like half team we were when he was playing.

I agree hasn't done much before this season, but this season when he plays in the centre he looks quality, I always used to wonder why he was so good for the Czechs.

I don't think he will get a starting place but when we use him, it should be in the centre alongside an anchor man.  Please Houllier don't play him in the wide positions.

P.S. I think he will be one of the stars of EURO 2004.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:00 pm

has I agree..his game is all geared to quality controlled attacking and that is probably why he has clicked so well with Kewell,Gerrard and Diouf.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:42 pm

Smicer is a good player and should be played in the absence of gerrard, obvoiusly he is not as good, but he provides some thing else and will play great with Hamann

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:14 am

vs has done ok lately,what has happened to our fighting spirit?
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby mistyred » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:45 pm

one along with all dignity,When that stupid HILLBILLY Sam Allydick can
comment that our team is not as good as last year then there is problems......
Mind you for a team like Bolton the cr#p cup is a big deal...Cos if they never won he would come out with the usual cr#p like'THE LITTLE TEAM IS ALWAYS HARD DONE BY'.....Even the pundits have stated on sky sports programs that he needs to grow up and stop bieng so pathetic...
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:45 pm

Once all the bolton "Stars" leave they will be left with complete s##t.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:50 pm

go the smicie. I also think he has the speed and ability to keep up with the owens and kewells.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge