Only 2 left

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Dundalk » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:22 pm

Only Gerrard and Carragher remain from the squad that won the CL in 2005. Thats only 4 years ago yet we have gone through all those players and more. This photo was taken at the start of the 2004/2005 season, Rafas first season.  I have circled all the players gone.

Here is the squad from the final in 2005

Dudek
Finnan
Traore
Hyypia
Carragher
Riise
Gerrard
Luis Garcia
Alonso
Kewell
Baros

Subs:

Carson,
Josemi,
Nunez,
Biscan.
Smicer
Cisse
Hamann
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:33 pm

That is amazing, even considering some of the cack we had in that team, its also a little depressing.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:35 pm

Considering its not all the long ago it is a bit sad but I suppose thats modern football
Last edited by Dundalk on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:04 pm

It was Rafas first year in charge or a major rebuilding task. It is not surprising but rather it is expected. I suppose it is surprising to some extent that we have lost Alonso but it's one of those things. When you thump the most famous team in Europe 5-1 on aggregate it is only likley teams stand up and take notice of your players and who they can poach.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:27 pm

5-0 Bav, they never scored
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:55 pm

my god there was some shower of sh.it in that squad and only really one world class player .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:27 pm

yeah we looked like an average side then.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:04 pm

its funny how people say we're a two man team and stuff like that but when Xabi goes we're :censored:! :p
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:32 pm

2 left and even Carra´s on his last legs.

Y´see, when we won the cup in 77, the team was in place to go on from there in 78 and thereafter, we had a gradual evolution thru to 85ish when there was a major overall after Souness left etc...  Rafa won in 05 then ripped the squad apart. He still hasnt arrived at a successful, settled team, he 'still hasnt found, what he's looking for......'. Will he ever, I hear you ask........
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:35 pm

GYBS wrote:my god there was some shower of sh.it in that squad and only really one world class player .

Yet we won more with that "SHOWER OF SHI.T than we have so far with all these wonderful World Class players we now have.

and you moan that people are disrespectful to Kuyt.   :no
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:41 pm

Oh here we go again - yes we all know what happened in the CL - but lets remind ourselves of what happened in the league - was it 30 odd points behind the winners ?!? was it 5th place we finished saint ?

players like nunez,josemi , le tallec , biscan , diao , whitbread , mellor etc where poor players saint - poor and proved it .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:55 pm

GYBS wrote:Oh here we go again - yes we all know what happened in the CL - but lets remind ourselves of what happened in the league - was it 30 odd points behind the winners ?!? was it 5th place we finished saint ?

players like nunez,josemi , le tallec , biscan , diao , whitbread , mellor etc where poor players saint - poor and proved it .

We also finished closer to the mancs the season after than we ever have since and while winning the FA CUP.  :)

There is a difference between calling players poor and calling them a "SHOWER OF SH.IT".

They  were all professional footballers, most of them internationals and had the cups and medals to prove it.

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:58 pm

So you really think the squad back then is better than what we have now ?

yes we were close to the mancs but oh look they didnt win the league that year another team a good 10 to 15 points were ahead of us namely chelsea .

yes i think they were a shower of sh.it - plenty of players have medals from team performances and international caps doesnt mean they werent sh.it for us .

either you do think the squad is better or your just out to have an argument and a good old fashioned wind up - i expect its the latter as i thoought you were quite knowledgable about football .
Last edited by GYBS on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:06 pm

Just about sums you up then. The best day in a lot of peoples lives given to them by a "SHOWER OF SH.IT" 

I think its disgraceful for ANY so called Liverpool fan to refer to that squad like that. Especially by someone who goes off on one if anyone says Kuyt is not that good.

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:13 pm

did i say all off them where in the squad saint ? no i dont think i did - i said there was some shower of sh.it in the squad saint - didnt say the team that played that day where a shower of sh.it now did i ?  i said we only had really one true world class player - also - was there anyone else i missed ?

what do you call the squads of souness who were down to 9th in the prem ? great or a shower of sh.it .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge