Neil mellor - How good is he?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby long sleeved joe » Thu May 06, 2004 3:24 pm

Neil Mellor scored a hatrick for the reserves the other day and since returning from his loan spell that is his 10th reserve goal in 4 games.  A couple of years ago everyone was talking about him because he scored 40 or so goals for the reserves but he failed to make a big impact in his limited frist team opportunities and then also at West Ham where to be fair he had strong competition and was sometimes played out of position. 
So is he good enough to be an Anfield superstar or what?
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby Steph Gleave » Thu May 06, 2004 3:41 pm

Neil mellor is a quality striker but has not been given a fair crack at it his goal's tally speak's for itself but you also say that he had stiff competition at west ham but how's he gonna get his chance when baros can't even get a chance and with one or maybe two new strikers coming in the summer they will never get a chance with houllier he keep's on playing that f###ing load of s###e heskey he just doesn't seem to no quailty when it's staring him in the face.
Steph Gleave

Postby stmichael » Thu May 06, 2004 3:42 pm

mellor should be sent out on loan again imo. with cisse arriving he's gonna be pushed even further down the pecking order.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Steph Gleave » Thu May 06, 2004 4:09 pm

Your not wrong there stmicheal what have are talent got to do to prove themselves to GH.
Steph Gleave

Postby stapo1000 » Thu May 06, 2004 4:57 pm

HE COULD BE THE NEXT OWEN. BUT HE'LL HAVE TO WORK HARD IF HE WANTS A PLACE AT LIVERPOOL IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 06, 2004 9:22 pm

The unfortunate problem that Neil has is that the manager has spent a fair few quid on players who will be higher in the pecking order in the managers eye simply cus of the money spent. Think about it Michael plays every week when fit so the rest are fighting it out for one place.

Sadly I think Neil will need to move on to get the chance of first team action. He will always score goals as he is a natural striker, ie he knows where the goal is and how to put the ball in there.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu May 06, 2004 11:40 pm

Mellors simply not good enough in my opinion. A decent striker for the first divison or maybe one of the struggling clubs in the prem but not quite got it. I'd love to be proved wrong and see him burst into the team and score loads but don't think he wil get the chance. Whenever his contract is uop he wil be on his way i suspect.....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge