How good is mexes?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:47 am

Houllier was desperately after him when he was in the reign, and today some sources claiming that benitez also being in the lead of chasing him. I saw him several times on tv, and he just doesn't look extra ordinary

Rafa is keen to strengthen his back-line ahead of the new season and sees the France international as the ideal addition.
Italian giants Milan have also been monitoring developments as they look to replace their ageing rearguard.

However the player's agent Olivier Jouanneaux has dismissed rumours surrounding a move to the San Siro and confirmed Liverpool are in pole position to land the talented defender.

"I have no news of any contact from Milan for my client," he told Guerin Sportivo magazine. "There are a number of English teams who are interested in Philippe though with Liverpool at the front of the queue."
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:53 am

Some mates text me with these rumours about Mexes coming last night. I remember seeing him at Anfield with Auxerre and not suprisingly he looked more accomplished than Boumsong. Not seen him in action much for Roma but if Milan are in for him he must be doing well.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:27 pm

a member of this forum said a few days ago that when him and boumsong were playing together, boumsong looked better

???
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:37 pm

dward wrote:a member of this forum said a few days ago that when him and boumsong were playing together, boumsong looked better

???

he must be good then,

do you think he could do anything for Traore?

Doubt it
Mark 23

Postby Keano » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:54 am

Mexes was ace while he was with the auxerre side, had a decent form with Roma though, a decent player IMO but not bad though.
Keano

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:09 am

He had a f*cking nighmare at Roma a couple of seasons back, I do believe.

Something's making the back of my head itch, telling me he was a trouble-maker, and would have been bombed-out if it were not for their transfer ban.

I may just have nits, though. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sparky » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:20 pm

pretty good on championship manager!!! sure houllier used to get his transfer ideas from that!!  :buttrock
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby deejay-cgt » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:13 pm

did u no mexes supports liverpool he also best mates with cisse and bomsong. mexes was good back at auxerre in centre with bomsong but at roma he got banned 4 6months 4drugs and then roma transfer ban because of him. he has been having nightmare overthere heard he had a transfer request turned down. he may be like bomsong great in french league but else where no good look at past auxerre team bomsong he sh*t at newcastle, kapo went 2 juv and played poor so he at monaco on loan mexes just bad time cisse unable 2 hit is form.
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby red187 » Tue May 09, 2006 10:45 am

From what i have seen of him( not an awful lot) he looks a very composed intelligent footballer which is what we require at the back. Might stop us playing hopeless long balls as a last resort. The only problem is that when he played at auxerre boumsong was touted as the better of the two & look at how he turned out in the prem
red187

Postby 73-1141222089 » Sat May 20, 2006 6:29 pm

red187 wrote:From what i have seen of him( not an awful lot) he looks a very composed intelligent footballer which is what we require at the back. Might stop us playing hopeless long balls as a last resort. The only problem is that when he played at auxerre boumsong was touted as the better of the two & look at how he turned out in the prem

And to think that houllier was on the verge of getting Boumsong in.......

Gives me the willies..... can you imagine the nigtmare to our defence if we had both catastophes.... ie. Traore and Boumsong..... side by side....

Beggars belief....  :laugh:
73-1141222089

Postby 73-1141222089 » Sat May 20, 2006 6:30 pm

Sorry.... double post.....  :veryangry
73-1141222089

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 20, 2006 6:48 pm

I have only seen clips of him since he went to Roma (apart from against Liverpool in USA when he got sent off I think) but he looked awesome when he was with Auxerre. He looked fast good in the air and a good alround footballer. He may have attitude problems though. (I'm still laughing at thought of Boumsong and Traore at centre of our defence.) :D
account deleted by request

Postby anti-hero » Sun May 21, 2006 1:38 am

Laughing?

I'd have crapped myself.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon May 22, 2006 5:14 pm

Dont rate him, hes got bad discipline and hes never been anythin extraordinary, as someone said boumsong was the more highly rated of the 2 and look how hes turned out. Plus houllier wanted him, thats a massive reason not to go near him
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby chris4069 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:45 am

I very like Mexes, he is powerfull and he can scored on corner
chris4069

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge