How much 4 heskey?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:26 am

BAROS IS DECENT ENOUGH BUT I FEEL HE NEEDS MORE TIME TO GET TO HIS BEST WHICH I KNOW IS GOING TO BE GREAT,
AS FOR STAM I WOULDNT MIND GIVING HIM A GO NEXT TO HYPPIA  :)
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:20 pm

We do need defensive cover..but thats all it should be sami and steph complement each other well and are the best pairing in the league. Baros really excites me,you can see he is really quick loves to score goals and can run at defenders and scare them to death. Lets just hope that Gh doesn't run him out of the club because last season he treated him disgracefully,Heskey was constantly picked ahead of milan who every single supporter could see provided far more of a threat.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:35 pm

im with u lads
give baros a real go this year and let heskey sit it out...
ive said it b4, he can be a real revelation this year baros and infact i think by the time he is 25, he can be as good as ruud...i hope so!
jaypap

Postby ROBtheRED » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:02 pm

Can't reallistically see anyone offering more than about 6mill for Heskey but he's probably the only player who is worth cashing in, i know a Spurs fan who'd love him in his side.
Get rid of him for as much as we can get and bring in DUFF,
may take well over 10mill but we all know he is quality!
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:22 pm

WE DON'T KNOW HE'S QUALITY THOUGH DO WE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I THINK HE'S OK BUT IF HE WAS QUALITY HE'D HAVE BEEN SOLD BY NOW WOULD'NT HE!!!!!!!!!! :)
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby ROBtheRED » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:42 pm

Duff is QUALITY anyone who's seen him play can see that, he's done it on the world stage in Japan and its only the fact he's shown loyalty to Blackburn he hasn't been sold. Its only a matter of time before a bigger club snaps him up, why not us?
We're the only major club in the league who lacks an individualistic player, who can create goals and score goals and i'm sure Duffs the man for us. Just think of the Barnesesque runs down the left!!!!!
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:57 pm

NO WAY CAN U COMPARE HIM TO DIGGER "NO WAY" :angry:
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby ROBtheRED » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:21 am

He's not Barnes, who is? but don't you agree that we desperatly need someody who can do only a quarter of what Barnes was capable of? cos lets face it the likes of Smicer, Cheyrou, Diomede, Barmby have frustrated every fan who's watched them.
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:23 am

OK I'LL GIVE U THAT ONE BUT THERE MUST BE SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT CAN GIVE US EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT NOT JUST MOST OF IT!!!!! :)
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby ROBtheRED » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:31 am

Get Digger out of retirement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:47 am

im with gaz rob
duff should become an option only when weve done all we can to get kewell...the closest to barnes is kewell not duff!
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:56 pm

Duff is no Barnes but whos to say in 15 years time people won't be sayin we need another Duff,legends take years to develop,Duff can be a star for us and who knows hopefully a legend...we should sign him now before someone else does. I believe Kewell is a better player but Duff would be more loyal as you can see by the way  he's stayed with Blackburn.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ROBtheRED » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:13 pm

I'm resigned to Kewell goin to Arsenal but shame we didn't show a great deal of interest in bidding for him, if we have got a chance of getting a player of his quality for under £10m i'd be well happy! Duff seems a lot more realistic target cos he's wasted at Blackburn, could Blackburn turn down £10-£12m and maybe throw in Traore aswell???
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:09 am

GH SEEMS KEEN ON DUFF ACE BUT THEN HE HEARD HOW MUCH B'BURN WANTED AND SUDDENLY HE'S NOT SO KEEN ,
I THINK EVEN GH THINKS ITS TOO MUCH FOR A PLAYER OF HIS CALIBER....X.....X.....X
:)
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:42 pm

i think gh isnt going to pursue duff
i personally think he will sign a big player from europe...
i think he'll be pushing 4 cisse and expect results from riise and diouf this season on the wings...
if he doesnt get cisse this year, he may save his pennies and cash them in next year...if he's still around....
jaypap

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge