How much 4 heskey?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby supersub » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:10 am

I think Heskey is Blackburn bound.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:21 am

SOUNESS WOULD MURDER HESKEY !!!!!
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:25 am

if we get 4-5 mill for heskey id be pretty happy...
but i really dont think gh is looking at selling him...
he may sell him after we get cisse....
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:01 pm

I reckon Gh would sell Heskey if possible but he probably is waitin to see if he can buy Cisse or another top striker.I hope he is desperate to get another top striker..like we keep saying someone to lead the line and share the burden with Owen of gettin the goals.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:13 pm

do u think gh will ever spend more than 10 mill on a player?
do u think he'll spend 20mill +?
jaypap

Postby supersub » Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:49 pm

Have to agree with Ace;Houllier wants desperate to off-load Heskey,he has for a while.But again he is negative in his approach.Instead of declaring a come and get Heskey stampede this summer he won't say anything unless he has another forward in the bag.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:59 pm

I don't think Houllier will spend big on a player not beyond 12 million or so,hes too scared of it failing instead of taking the gamble that might just be the final ingredient. Getting back onto Houllier only buying up and comin players rather than proven talent.Why did we go for Diof ahead of Anelka.Anelka being realistic is different class ok there where drawbacks but 10 million on diouf who you can see is not a goalscorer is a mistake,the lad may come good but he'll never get 20 goals in a season. Anelka might of done.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:48 pm

i agree
i think diouf is a mistake
he is the mould of owen and baros
we didnt need a third striker in a similar mould...
anelka wouldve been better, not sure if i prefer him to cisse, but a better buy than diouf...unless diouf becomes  a star on  the outside right position, i doubt the money spent will ever be justified...
thats why gh buys the wrong players...i also think diouf will never feel comfortable with the english game...its not for him...
and if gh cannot spend 20 mill wisely then he's not the person to lead liverpool...
jaypap

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:44 pm

Yeah definetely we should of spent the money last season on a winger or a good striker,we have wasted 20 million no doubt about it.Maybe GH doesn't fancy havin wingers,cos the only one he's bought is diomede and he never played him.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaypap » Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:51 pm

the best sides in the world play with wonderful wingers
what does gh think he's going to do, revoltionise the game by not playing with wingers?
a top line winger is worth 10-15 goals a season and directly creates twice as many too...
jaypap

Postby gaz31 » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:36 pm

WE SHOULD HELP GH OUT AND PUT UP FOR SALE POSTERS FOR HIM THEN MAYBE HE WILL GET RID OF THE GREAT ESKEY
I RECKON HE IS WORTH 5/6 MILLION ............... :D
LETS DO IT I WILL START ON THE SOUTH COAST COS THATS WHERE I LIVE AND I THINK SOUTHAMPTON OR NEWLY PROMOTED PORTSMOUTH WOULD SNAP HIM UP SEEING AS HE IS STILL AN INTERNATIONAL PLAYER !!!!!!!!!! :D
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jaypap » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:13 pm

somehow i dont gh is listening gaz
but u put those posters up mate and maybe he will click sooner or later...he cant ignore failure 4ever!
jaypap

Postby no10 the main man » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:06 pm

HAD DECENT START TO LIVERPOOL CAREER,STARTED GETTING KICKED,WOULDN'T KICK BACK,AND LOST HIS BOTTLE. LEICESTER MAY TAKE HIM FOR AROUND £5-6MILLION. FINGERS CROSSED.
no10 the main man

Postby no10 the main man » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:18 pm

:D EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT ANOTHER STRIKER WHEN THERE IS ONE MORE THAN CAPABLE AT THE CLUB,MILAN BAROS. HARDLY PLAYED LAST SEASON&SCORED MORE GOALS THAN HESKEY,GOOD ATTITTUDE,WORKS HARD&HAS SCORED GOALS&SCARED DEFENCES AT INTERNATIONAL LEVEL.JUST NEEDS A CHANCE!
no10 the main man

Postby supersub » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:00 pm

Baros has a better goal/game ratio than Michael Owen.For us to suceed we have to have two strikers on the park who score 40/50 goals between them.Heskey's contribution of 6/7 goals is pitiful and puts too much pressure on his strike partner.As a defender Heskey's great so let's do a deal with Lazio and we'll have Stam.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge