LIVERPOOL v Southampton Sat 18th Nov 3.00 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:07 am

Thank goodness those cr@ppy international fixtures are all out of the way, this season has struggled to get going because every few games we've had to stop for a fortnight but thankfully there's no more international games until next March or April.
I was hoping the international break would see us get some players back but most of the news has been negative (Clyne out for a further 3 months, Mane injured again etc).
Southampton have been a bit of a bogey side for us in recent years but we should have enough to beat them on our own patch. We just need to keep winning and chipping away at the teams above us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:45 pm

I hate international breaks, but December will be a good month ahead  with seven games in store.

I wonder if llalana will figure on Saturday, being back in training.

We should beat this lot, and hope the teams above us drop points. That's the plan :)
Southampton aren't as good as they were a few seasons ago, probably because we have bought most of their players; llalana, Lovren, clyne, Mane etc etc. And soon VVD :) :) :) :)
We should be called Southampton B team :)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:18 pm

Looking forward to club footy like many i hate the international break aswel.

Hoping Mane will play but i think he will miss this and feature against Seville.

We should beat these lot and im confident we will.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:51 am

The break has certainly done the state of our squad some good and it's not often we get to say that.

Whatever the 11 the only real thing I want to see is Gomez at centre half. He was quality for England and he's ready for a run to prove himself. TAA can fill in at right back. Time for these 2 to step up
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Klopptomaniac » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:51 am wrote:The break has certainly done the state of our squad some good and it's not often we get to say that.

Whatever the 11 the only real thing I want to see is Gomez at centre half. He was quality for England and he's ready for a run to prove himself. TAA can fill in at right back. Time for these 2 to step up

It's a pity Clyne's not fit because at this stage of his career TAA can't defend. Whenever the lad plays the opposition always seem to have 2 or 3 opportunities where their left winger ends up with the ball in acres and acres of space. In other words in terms of positional play TAA has a tendency to go MIA.
The lad is obviously going to be a top player but he is nowhere near the finished article yet, he has a lot to learn.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Don't think Klopp will play Joe at CB on Saturday as Deadly Dejan will return   :down: I didn't think it was wise to start Mane against West-Ham and now that he has aggravated the injury it would be silly to start him in this.

Minger.

Gomez                 Matip                                Loser               Moreno.

Can                  Wijnaldum

Salah                      Milner                     Ox

Firmino.

That's what I think we will go with and it should be enough to get a win. I don't think they will score unless we give them a present so I will say 3.0  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:12 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:35 pm wrote:Don't think Klopp will play Joe at CB on Saturday as Deadly Dejan will return   :down: I didn't think it was wise to start Mane against West-Ham and now that he has aggravated the injury it would be silly to start him in this.

Minger.

Gomez                 Matip                                Loser               Moreno.

Can                  Wijnaldum

Salah                      Milner                     Ox

Firmino.

That's what I think we will go with and it should be enough to get a win. I don't think they will score unless we give them a present so I will say 3.0  :nod

Tell me you're kidding !

Milner as a playmaker ? Would rather see him swap positions (in your line up) with Wijnaldum

BTW, any chance we can lose the childish nicknames that you've attached to some of the team ? love them or hate them they're still representing us. What happened to YNWA  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:38 pm

If Mane is not 100% fit i would just let him rest and play him vs Seville. Lallana we could possibly use in the 2nd half and same as Mane I'd play him on Tuesday.

Likely side

Mignolet

Gomez  Matip  ????? Moreno

Can   Wijnaldum

Salah      Coutinho      Ox

Firmino

I'm not really sure who Klopp will play as CB. Lovren, Klavan or possibly Gomez. I would personally like to see Gomez paired with Matip and TAA at RB.
Also i would like to see Robertson at LB and play Moreno on Tuesday. Moreno owes us a solid performance against Seville.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:54 pm

Southampton have been quite poor so far this season especially on away trips. They have only scored 3 goals away so I'm expecting another one of those defensive opponents on our turf. It will be interesting how Van Dijk performs.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:11 pm

I know Mane is doubtful but it would be good to have Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Firmino all in the same side for a change.
At home I wouldn't be against trying Lallana in midfield as well, he certainly works hard enough.
Obviously you wouldn't line up like that against the better sides but at home against someone you know is going to sit back? Deffo worth a try

Ward

Gomez.                   Matip.                 Lovren.                 Robinson

Henderson.             Lallana

Coutinho

Mane.                           Firmino.                     Salah
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Line Up I'd play is:

Migs
Gomez    Matip      Lovren        Moreno
         Wjnaldum     Can     Coutinho
          Ox-Ch       Firminho    Salah

It will probably be very close to that line up, all hinges on whether Mane is fit to play. but I wouldn't risk him in this one either.(in case of another long term layoff)
Llalana will probably come off the bench 2nd half. You could possibly throw in Sturridge instead of Firminho, which is debatable also.

That side should beat the Saints by at least 3-0.  :eyebrow
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:35 am

I'd go with

.                                                      Mignolet
.Alexander-Arnold          Matip                             Gomez              Robertson
.               Wijnaldum                       Can                        Coutinho

.   Salah                                        Firmino                             Woodburn     

.SUBS(assuming fitness) . Karius. Lovren. Moreno. Henderson. Oxlade Chamberlain. Lallana. Sturridge.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:47 am

Woody is an interesting shout his one player i would like to see more often but sadly his at the bottom of the pecking order.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 am

Yeah Mate, He turned 18 last month, has 6 appearances for the Welsh National side under his belt. Has undeniable potenial, It's about time we started giving the lad more of a chance to kick on.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Its a good shout. But, I'm not sure whether Klopp would be so bold and risk putting woodburn in there, although he has great potential. Especially when you consider that Solanke, Sturridge and Danny Ings are hardly getting any game time either. You would assume that those three are probably ahead of Woodburn in the pecking order at this moment in time. Although all great potential players need games under their belt, I don't envisage him breaking into the first team for at least another couple of seasons.  :nod
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games