DEBRECEN VS LIVERPOOL - Time to do a "bermenstein"

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby lakes10 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 am

just logged on to say good luck to the lad for tonights game.
we will win so lets hope the other results if what we are looking for.
1-4
YNWA
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:07 am

lakes10 wrote:just logged on to say good luck to the lad for tonights game.
we will win so lets hope the other results if what we are looking for.
1-4
YNWA

I know we have injuries but fielding one man on the pitch is asking for more than a miracle.  :D
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby TheLad » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:18 am

1. We win 3-1 tonight. Fiorentina beats Lyon 2-1. We are out. This might happen.
2. We win 3-0 tonight. Fiorentina draws with Lyon. We still have a chance to go trough. This WILL happen.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:27 pm

So what happens if we end up level on points with Fiorentina, an equal head to head record and the same goal difference?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:31 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:So what happens if we end up level on points with Fiorentina, an equal head to head record and the same goal difference?

flip a coin time  :D

i guess it would then be number of goals scored and if that is the same it is pulling the name out of a hat.
heimdall

Postby JC_81 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:So what happens if we end up level on points with Fiorentina, an equal head to head record and the same goal difference?

Alphabetical order? :laugh:

Nah I presume a play-off, don't think that's ever happened before.

Platini would probably suggest eliminating the team that had most debt or something ridiculous :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Teams level on points are separated by:

1) The results of games between the teams in the tie (if tied, by goal difference and then by away goals counting double).

2) Goal difference in all group games.

3) Highest number of goals scored in all games.

4) Highest Uefa ranking over the previous five seasons.
account deleted by request

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:51 pm

Thats a harsh way - i would of thought a one game play off would be a bit more fair but not going to complain if we go through because of our co efficent.

I still beleive Lyon will beat Fiorentina and its then in our own hands .
Benny The Noon

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Well Fiorentina haven’t been in the best of form, they lost 3-2 to Parma on the weekend and have lost 3 of the last 5 in Serie A, plus Mutu and Jovetic may not be fit enough to play tonight.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:45 pm

Without Jovetic and Mutu, im confident Lyon will win.
Fauxy

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:14 pm

It makes me laugh the way people keep saying 'ah well if we go out, we will win the europa cup'. Why do you think that??? We are playing awful, right now we would struggle to win the Inter Toto!

If aquilani plays tonight, where should we play him? I have seen people put him next to Mascha in a defensive role.. I hope and pray we never play him there. That is noot his position.  He is an attacking midfielder.. please rafa, don't try and turn him into a defensive player
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:52 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:It makes me laugh the way people keep saying 'ah well if we go out, we will win the europa cup'. Why do you think that??? We are playing awful, right now we would struggle to win the Inter Toto!

If aquilani plays tonight, where should we play him? I have seen people put him next to Mascha in a defensive role.. I hope and pray we never play him there. That is noot his position.  He is an attacking midfielder.. please rafa, don't try and turn him into a defensive player

Totti was Roma's AM/SS.  Aquilani played with De Rossi. That doesn't make him a DM. He is a CM with a motor and passing and shooting skill.
JoeTerp

Postby Madmax » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:15 pm

3-0 to the red men..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:15 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:It makes me laugh the way people keep saying 'ah well if we go out, we will win the europa cup'. Why do you think that??? We are playing awful, right now we would struggle to win the Inter Toto!

We're hardly gonna play this badly all season are we, when we hit form you'll be expecting us to walk he CL early knockout stages so why not win the EL against worse opposition?

Anyway not out yet eh? Hope Aquilani starts just for fact I like to see us play a lot more fluid and not so rigid, time to drop the 2 defensive mid formation, doesn't do us any good. Reckon at best Lyon might grab a draw and we'll win 2-0.

YNWA
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:20 pm

Can't see Rafa playing him tonight either. He's far too cautious. And it's a gammy pitch as well.....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games