Who should stay at liverpool and who should go? - Players not staff...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jod23 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:18 pm

Now you have your obvious choices as to who should stay. Owen, Kewell, Gerrard, Hyypia, Henchoz, Kirkland, Hamman IMO are definites.

But what about the rest of the squad and in particular some of GH's signings.

Riise - has been up and down, is he worth holding onto? IMO his defensive game isnt up to par and he really should be playing in the midfield but the left is Kewell's when fit. Do we have a better left back though? Keep.

Carragher - over the injury now and a solid backman, I really should have had him in my definites. Keep.

Biscan - filled in ok for Henchoz but the bottom line is I just dont think he is good enough. Shouldnt play in defence and isnt good enough in midfield. GH must accept his mistake and sell him. Sold.

Dudek - a very good keeper despite the fact he gets a lot of criticism but IMO Kirkland is better and will be the England #1 and Liverpool #1 for some time. Dudek wont accept a backup role so he must also be sold. Sold.

Traore - has showed a bit and was awesome against Chelsea in our 1-0 win. More defensive than Riise but less talented. Probably good to have around as squad depth. Keep him.

Welsh - give the kid a chance for god sake GH. Keep.

Finnan - good signing IMO. Being pretty good at RB and gives us plenty of attack down the right but is also solid in defence. Keep.

Smicer - he's now 31 and not a regular anway. Not good enough and should be sold for whatever we can get which wont be much. Sold.

Murphy - Im a big fan of Danny Murphy but he does seem to get a lot of criticism. Not the answer to our right midfield problems but he is Liverpool through and through. Certainly good to have as squad depth and in the event of signing another top midfielder, I think he will always be able to find a game for the Reds, even if its off the bench. Keep.

Diao - a failure, he just cant adapt to the English game. GH must accept his mistake and sell him. Sold.

Partridge - give the kid a game... Keep.

Foley-Sheridan - Havent seen a lot of him but is he good enough? Would need to know and see more of him. Keep.

Cheyrou - would have said he too was a failure a couple of months ago but he might turn out alright, he certainly has been good since breaking into the side and Im willing to give him a chance. Keep.

Baros - the bottom line is that he has done nothing. But he has a lot of potential. Cant say he is the answer to our secodn striker problem but he is certainly good enough to keep and find out. Keep.

Diouf - a lot of criticism goes Diouf's way and IMO I dont think he really deserves it. Hasnt scored much at all but he rarely gets played up front. Has been ok out on the right but I think he is being poorly used. I think he would be a lot better in a sort of role that Scholes plays at Man U. Despite the criticism I think he will eventually be a good signing. Keep.

Le Tallec - wasnt completely sold on him but he has been pretty good in the last few games when he has started. Looks the goods...could it possibly be a good signing??? Keep.

Pongolle - im completely sold on this kid. Very talented. And considering he lost all those youth awards to Le Tallec means ALT might be even better with more games. Keep.

So there you have it....sell Biscan, Dudek, Smicer and Diao. Wont get a heap of money for them but it irradicates the dead wood. Then with guys like Smicer and Biscan out of the way, Houllier might actually be forced to play Partridge or Welsh...

Anyway your thoughts?

Oh and does anyone know if Mellor is still in the squad? Oh and Otsemobor, saw him play just one game and he was awesome....play him!
jod23

Postby jod23 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:29 pm

Forgot Heskey....what in gods name should we do with him.
jod23

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:02 pm

Dudek - a very good keeper despite the fact he gets a lot of criticism but IMO Kirkland is better and will be the England #1 and Liverpool #1 for some time. Dudek wont accept a backup role so he must also be sold. Sold.

boll##ks.

He's come out and said he's happy here. So until he says otherwise we keep him.
115-1073096938

Postby Stan Laurel » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:29 pm

Great post, some of them that I don't agree with it.

Dudek shouldn't be sold, keep him.

Diouf - get rid off him and had enough of his attitude.

Traore - get rid of him and made too many mistakes for us.

I understand about Partridge, GH should have give a more chance to him but it is not working now, he is getting older now. I feel it is best for him to leave this summer to find another club but I rate him highly but it is shame for him that he didn't get any chances from GH, i thought he could have get in the first team after McManaman left for Real Madrid but they bought Smicer.

I like to see John Welsh playing more in the first team and I rate him highly too.

Heskey had to go this summer, we need more money to buy new players this summer like Rafael Van der Vaart, Joe Cole and Robbie Keane. So, also I like to sign Jay-Jay Okocha, cos he is an excellent flair player so we need a flair player so badly. I know GH doesn't like a flair player which is really annoying me.

I like to see Neil Mellors to have in first team squad for a couple of years so he can do back up for strikers if they are injuries that will be useful for us.

GH must keep highly rated player Foley-Sheridan, he is going to be bloody World Class player in the future, watch out for him, cor he is superb player and I can see him to play in the first team football in 2 more seasons. Can't wait to see him.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:34 am

Foley-Sheridan? You been playing to much CM mate.

Class he certainly isn't.

As for flair players you can shove them up your a#se.

We need class who aren't affraid to get stuck in. We aren't Madrid. We are LFC and LFC have always based there successes on attitude, class and work rate ahead of anything else. :)
115-1073096938

Postby Stan Laurel » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:40 am

Huh!! I havn't play CM and don't have time for that.

Have you seen him yet? He will be very good player and alot of people reckon he will be.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:48 am

Forgot Heskey....what in gods name should we do with him.

Strap him to a rocket and send him to the moon.

Of all the players to waste so much money on, we buy a dude who can't score and can't run without falling over.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:55 am

Stu the red, I mean John Paul Kelly not Michael Foley-Sheridan, I apologise for that, it was misunderstood. Sorry about that. :)
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:04 am

very good and trues responses, but heres what i think of the squad..other than owen, kewell, s. hyypia, gerrard, hamann etc. (the good players)

Kirkland - certainly a very young, tall and talented keeper and we must hold on to him..Keep

Dudek - sorry to say but hes just as good as Kirkland or prehaps even better, another keeper we must hold on to for sure.. Keep

Heskey - hes just f##king annoying sometimes ands he are most expenseive signing$$.

Riise - quite good left foot and somethimes help creates chances so hold on to him

Traore - true did help over our 0-1 win against the blue billionaire bitches but GH should probably give him more chance in the first team

Le Tallec + Pongolle - KEEP KEEP KEEP, guarntte good assets for the future (esp. pongolle)

Finnan - good player - Keep

Diouf - he hasan't proven himself with the scoring but hes got a lot of talent and ability and i think we shold keep him and just work on the scoring (o yea.. amd tell to keep him temper down  :angry: )

Diao - throw him out, simpily not good enough

Carragher - so young, so inspirational, the 2nd best defender we have - MUST KEEP

Biscan - we we loose a game to anyone, the reason for that is probably Biscan we must sell him

Baros - Give him a bit more time to prove himself
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:11 pm

THE PLAYERS WHO I THINK SHOULD GET THE CHOP THIS SUMMER:

Salif Diao: Even admitted himself that he has been a complete disaster, had 2 seasons to prove himself now and still looks no closer to adapting to life at Liverpool. Said himself that he will probably leave the club, Good riddance.

Emile Heskey-Complete waste of time, shows signs of brilliance but a couple of games later we all see the same old sh##e, for a guy of his size he should be more dominating on the pitch and stop going down like a sack of sh##e. To win the title we need our top strikers to be netting at least 25 goals a season, Heskey isnt going to do that is he? He just cant be bothered.

El Hadji Diouf-Another player who cant be arsed, plays better for country than club(but even in the African Nations Cup he was boll##ks), lack of discipline and he just cant be bothered and off the pitch he doesnt have the best disciplinary record, look at the incidents he got himself into in France. He isnt worth keeping on, a liability.

Igor Biscan-Well his 4th season at Liverpool now, I could talk about his faults but I am in work for 4 O' Clock
  :D

I think Cheyrou should be given one more season to get things right.

I dont think that much needs changing, we have a squad to match United,Arsenal and Chelsea on Paper, we just need to get rid of the players stated above and Gerard Houllier and things will hopefully pick up.

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:14 pm

All too easy to highlight who should go. To some degree we should ditch a few surplus players, but who goes is largely dependent on who we can get. We can probably all name eight or more players whose departure we would not lose any sleep over, but they would still need to be replaced. Even Biscan has his uses as a fairly versatile, if somewhat average player
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion