What's your priority and why ? - Where does the forum lie on this issue?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

What's your priority and why ? - Where does the forum lie on this issue?

Get rid of owners first .
82%
Get rid of Rafa first.
18%

Total votes : 76

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Kukilon wrote:To be honest. If this was my forum I would take a look at the poll and ban everyone that has voted Rafa. This has nothing to do with censorship but the people that votes for Rafa removal before the owners does not have the clubs best interest at heart. They ain't anything to discuss really. These are money grubbing :censored: that happens to be americans. They have the same track record where ever they have been. We have a choice and that is to stop spending money. Hit the :censored: where it hurts. LFC will always survive in one form or the other. If it takes us one season in the championship then so be it. The difference between the supporters of the owners is that they would be gone in a sec as soon as the results sportswise went down hill. :censored: YOU AND GET THE :censored: OUT OF OUR CLUB!

Rafa should go if we win nothing this summer and fail to reach fourth but that is a totally different thing.

You are right
They are totally different things
What the owners have done/are doing to the club with regards to debt, lack of investment, lack of ambition and not putting us on par with the skanks is a disgrace- absolutely.
Like Ive said before if the fans dont like it and want to get rid of them then dont go the match. They will soon get the message if EVERYONE who says they want them out protests outside the ground at a home match and doesnt go in.
Anyone got the balls to do this?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:18 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
Kukilon wrote:To be honest. If this was my forum I would take a look at the poll and ban everyone that has voted Rafa. This has nothing to do with censorship but the people that votes for Rafa removal before the owners does not have the clubs best interest at heart. They ain't anything to discuss really. These are money grubbing :censored: that happens to be americans. They have the same track record where ever they have been. We have a choice and that is to stop spending money. Hit the :censored: where it hurts. LFC will always survive in one form or the other. If it takes us one season in the championship then so be it. The difference between the supporters of the owners is that they would be gone in a sec as soon as the results sportswise went down hill. :censored: YOU AND GET THE :censored: OUT OF OUR CLUB!

Rafa should go if we win nothing this summer and fail to reach fourth but that is a totally different thing.

You are right
What the owners have done/are doing to the club with regards to debt, lack of investment, lack of ambition and not putting us on par with the skanks is a disgrace- absolutely.
Like Ive said before if the fans dont like it and want to get rid of them then dont go the match. They will soon get the message if EVERYONE who says they want them out protests outside the ground at a home match and doesnt go in.

I havnt got balls but i would do it , no problem, and so would others im sure , but the problem is they have already got our money from tickets , I AM SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY thinking of jibbing the match until there gone tbh, just go the aways

Are you going today Roger, if you are lad make your voice loud an clear against the ba,stards at the end lad
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:23 pm

Sir Roger wrote:Like Ive said before if the fans dont like it and want to get rid of them then dont go the match.

And be replaced by fans/supporters who don't careless who owns the club but will happy to take the tickets of fans who have been going for years.

I guess you never go the game then....thats my last word on the matter ..I'm of too the Stanley for a few jars before the match :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:32 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

You are right

I havnt got balls but i would do it , no problem, and so would others im sure , but the problem is they have already got our money from tickets , I AM SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY thinking of jibbing the match until there gone tbh, just go the aways

Are you going today Roger, if you are lad make your voice loud an clear against the ba,stards at the end lad

I am going
And I will make my voice heard
I actually had a season ticket when souness was manager and stoppped going then
I know theyve already got our money but the empty seats would show them we mean business
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:29 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:No need to ask me :D

8 people voted for rafa what shitbags you are  :no

Maybe some people think we won't get decent owners until we get a new manager? Who'd buy us at the moment the way we play? We get a different manager, play more attacking, better looking football, maybe the right owner will be more forthcoming...

Anyone that says we will not get investment because of whoever the manager is is a complete idiot. No one will invest in any club due to them liking or disliking a particular manager or liking the way a team plays.

The things you read on here  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:31 pm

kazza wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Maybe some people think we won't get decent owners until we get a new manager? Who'd buy us at the moment the way we play? We get a different manager, play more attacking, better looking football, maybe the right owner will be more forthcoming...

Anyone that says we will not get investment because of whoever the manager is is a complete idiot. No one will invest in any club due to them liking or disliking a particular manager or liking the way a team plays.

well who would you rather invest in? a dire team no one wants to see play as the attacking football is awful, who upsets players and makes them leave?

or attacking football, good team spirit, players who don't keep leaving/getting sacked after just months etc etc

don't worry Kazza, we'll make things easier for you to understand mate  :)

You go have a little nap, you've contributed as well as ever, you deserve it

plus, I said maybe whch means that it is just one possible explanation, or an idea to give out.
Last edited by dawson99 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:55 pm

dawson99 wrote:
kazza wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

well who would you rather invest in? a dire team no one wants to see play as the attacking football is awful, who upsets players and makes them leave?

or attacking football, good team spirit, players who don't keep leaving/getting sacked after just months etc etc

don't worry Kazza, we'll make things easier for you to understand mate  :)

You go have a little nap, you've contributed as well as ever, you deserve it

plus, I said maybe whch means that it is just one possible explanation, or an idea to give out.

:nod
shawnk

Postby DaMo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:48 pm

I honestly think people may be letting their hearts rule their heads here with this "if you vote one way, you're not a fan and should :censored: off" stance. I think it goes without saying that the owners are the biggest threat to LFC in its entirety, but I also think it would be extremely naive to conclude that the next owners definitely won't be just as bad, if not even worse. Of course, you could argue that it is equally naive to assume a manager of a similar standing in the game will replace Rafa under the current owners. Fair enough, it depends on which way you see our situation being more likely to improve, both short and long term.

Which is more likely to happen with the current state of affairs, though?

A) New prospective owners suddenly come along who will have the club's interests at heart, and are even willing to take a financial loss providing LFC is stable on and off the pitch. They back the manager, whether it be Rafa or someone else, and we all breathe a sigh of relief with these dark times being but a distant memory.

B) A new manager comes in who is capable of getting the best out of the current squad, and possibly even over-achieve on a tight budget. LFC remains in the top 4 at least and we do decent enough in Europe, thus paving the way for a new owner to express an interest who has the means, as well as the desire to ensure continuity and/or further progress.

Personally, I think that A) is never going to happen no matter what. Whoever comes in under such circumstances is going to want to make a profit on their investment. Even if unlike Hicks and Gillett, new owners come along and can actually deliver on promises made, it wouldn't make their intentions any better. They'd still want to profit from their ownership of LFC, yet the only difference would be that they have the luxury and inclination to invest aggressively in order to get their return (i.e. Stanley Park being built & backing the manager with sizable funds).

In my opinion, that is the depressing reality of the situation. The wellbeing of LFC may ultimately depend on its perceived value as a commodity from hereon. Either an owner of a similar mould to Hicks and Gillett comes along that actually has the resources to try and get what they want (with us getting a little of what we want as a byproduct), or alternatively, we end up with an owner of the "tycoon" variety that cares less about the financial implications of their ownership, thus taking the commodity factor at least partially out of the equation.

So, with the two types of potential new owners almost certainly defined, if I were to try and choose a lesser of the evils, I'd prefer to roll the dice on a "tycoon" type owner as opposed to the sniveling corporate. How is a "tycoon" type more likely to be attracted to LFC? By success on the pitch above all else. In order for that to be likely to happen, I'd say the aforementioned scenario B) is what would would have a better chance of us not ending up with Hicks and Gillett being replaced with something just as bad/worse.

If the poll were perhaps worded differently, I'd have gladly provided my anti Bill and Ben vote. Maybe if you wanted closer to a 100% vote, it should have been "Which of the two do you hate, the owners or Rafa?" :p
Last edited by DaMo on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaMo

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Good post DaMo
account deleted by request

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Its becoming all too prevalent the posters who have a habit of contradicting themselves  ,they mention with complete resolve how it is imperative that Liverpool challenge for the Top honours and how they naively believe a new manager will enable this  fantasy to take effect , then they completely refute (or ignore ) that the owners are in all actuality the catalyst for our slide ,both financially and in a reputable sense.
So it absolutely defies all logic to expect anything else other than a continuation of our decline ,until we convince ourselves completely that this inherent distrust we have in regards to our owners ,is not just spurred on by a genuine dislike ,but an indisputable statement of fact  THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED ,lets face it they haven't exactly disguised their contempt,nor have they masked in any capacity the funds they have frittered away in the name of personal  expenses ,and finally the BLATANT LIES its this I find most despicable ... I would like to take a quote from a well known film to describe fully how I feel personally and that is : "THEY ARE P*SSING OVER US ,WITHOUT EVEN THE DECENCY TO CALL IT RAIN " that kind of explains the indignation and hurt that I am feeling at  having  B@stards like these residing over our Club ...

Ok the film quote is from Avatar ,but for me it struck a chord and in an attempt to enable the blinkered to see I felt it held a potency   ,in reflection, I would like to add from a personal perspective that for the 10 posters who voted the second option I HOPE YOU AWAKE FROM YOUR SLUMBER ....... ANY TIME SOON WOULD BE APPROPRIATE ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:14 pm

10 votes for Benitez? F*ckin hell!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Emerald Red wrote:10 votes for Benitez? F*ckin hell!

I think what is so disconcerting about the 10 who have the managers removal as their overwhelming priority ,is the fact they have not had the courage of their  conviction to put into writing their reasons for such a decision ,surely more respect would be afforded them if they declared their reasons rather than remain anonymous    ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

I think what is so disconcerting about the 10 who have the managers removal as their overwhelming priority ,is the fact they have not had the courage of their  conviction to put into writing their reasons for such a decision ,surely more respect would be afforded them if they declared their reasons rather than remain anonymous    ???

Like i said red , i don't want a witch hunt i want to argue the toss and try and change peoples minds.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

Like i said red , i don't want a witch hunt i want to argue the toss and try and change peoples minds.

I know Igor lad ,but that solution is not going to materialise if the posters who vote with the frame of mind as in say the 10 ,feel the need to use anonymity ...
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:33 pm

I didn't vote but it's hardly surprising that those who voted for Benitez didn't own up to it. What's the point of having a "you're not a real fan, you're a disgrace" discussion with people? That's what would have happened lets be honest, so it's no wonder there was nobody putting their hands up. One of the people who voted for Benitez found himself banned five minutes later, so it hardly promotes healthy debate when you really look at it.

Get rid of all of them for me. The owners are a pair of c...s, and anybody who can watch us play with Gerrard in central midfield as opposed to Lucas and not conclude that it's the best use of our resources shouldn't be managing the playing side either. Not even hindsight, some of us said it before the season even started. We said it again when Gerrard played there earlier this season and we won six on the bounce, and we said it when time and time again our central midfield was disfunctional.

We won't win the league anytime soon in all probability, and it might well be the owners fault. The reason we are fighting for fourth though isn't because of owners, neither is it their fault we went out in the group stages of the Champions League, or got beat by Reading the FA Cup, or had a ridiculous pre-season campaign. That's the manager, and we should get rid of the lot of them.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion