What's your priority and why ? - Where does the forum lie on this issue?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

What's your priority and why ? - Where does the forum lie on this issue?

Get rid of owners first .
82%
Get rid of Rafa first.
18%

Total votes : 76

Postby Owzat » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:43 am

Sir Roger wrote:Maybe you should have had a "both at the same" time option?

It is a very valid point I was about to make myself. IF you get rid of Rafa, then new owners come in, they might want their own manager anyway.

I don't subscribe to the ridiculous allegation that you're not a Liverpool fan if you want Rafa out, because that's just nonsense. A lot of LFC fans just want what is best for the club, NO manager and NO player is bigger than or more important than the club. Managers will come and go, players too. He's had long enough, if people are waiting for money to come with new owners so Rafa gets a shot at managing the club on equal terms with other clubs a) it may not happen before he goes, and b) he may not make much use of it anyway. Plenty of fans of smaller clubs subscribe to the theory that managers on "tight budgets" will succeed at a big club with more money, but it's a whole different skill - as Hughes found out, Hoddle etc. And it's not as if Rafa's transfer record is fantastic in the £10m+ price bracket.

For me que sera, sera. I think Rafa has had his chance so we need a new manager who can win us the league. If the owners get replaced before or after so be it, as long as it isn't a "like for like swap", although I think football has moved into a whole new era and I wouldn't trust most of the owners or their motives

I do wonder how many on these forums say what they think, or what they think they should say. You can get a whole lot of shit if you speak the unspeakable, even though it tends to be that minorities grow into majorities and eventually it will become 'acceptable' to want Rafa out. Or put another way, people are happier being trend followers than trend setters
Last edited by Owzat on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Owzat wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:Maybe you should have had a "both at the same" time option?

It is a very valid point I was about to make myself. IF you get rid of Rafa, then new owners come in, they might want their own manager anyway.

I don't subscribe to the ridiculous allegation that you're not a Liverpool fan if you want Rafa out, because that's just nonsense. A lot of LFC fans just want what is best for the club, NO manager and NO player is bigger than or more important than the club. Managers will come and go, players too. He's had long enough, if people are waiting for money to come with new owners so Rafa gets a shot at managing the club on equal terms with other clubs a) it may not happen before he goes, and b) he may not make much use of it anyway. Plenty of fans of smaller clubs subscribe to the theory that managers on "tight budgets" will succeed at a big club with more money, but it's a whole different skill - as Hughes found out, Hoddle etc. And it's not as if Rafa's transfer record is fantastic in the £10m+ price bracket.

For me que sera, sera. I think Rafa has had his chance so we need a new manager who can win us the league. If the owners get replaced before or after so be it, as long as it isn't a "like for like swap", although I think football has moved into a whole new era and I wouldn't trust most of the owners or their motives

I do wonder how many on these forums say what they think, or what they think they should say. You can get a whole lot of shit if you speak the unspeakable, even though it tends to be that minorities grow into majorities and eventually it will become 'acceptable' to want Rafa out. Or put another way, people are happier being trend followers than trend setters

It may well become acceptable to say Rafa out, but that would probably arise if we continued this seasons performances and results into the next. That would hardly be following a trend, and rather an acceptance through proof that he cannot achieve. There are some supporters who are willing to give more time to a manager and do not subscribe to chopping and changing, and have a higher level of belief in Rafas ability, and those that have told us for YEARS that he is 'rubbish'.

It has always been easier to criticise, and say that Rafa cannot cut it, all with the proviso that 'should we win the league I'll be the first to celebrate/be over the moon etc.etc.' Quite simply you, ( not directed at owzat) can never be wrong until the league is won, and can sit back smugly regurgitating the same tired points.

I have believed, since the Americans debt laden takeover, that the likelyhood of getting past our main rivals has been a lot lower than failing, whoever the manager was bar Mourinho, who has clearly proved to be the best in the business.

Not for a second would I lay the blame for the shambles that this season has become at the door of the owners, Rafa, IMHO, has made some p!ss poor decisions. Not buying a credible second striker and becoming even more defensive with opposition set pieces spring to mind, (I hate seeing 21 players in our box). That said it is clear to me that getting rid of the owners has to be the priority, the Club is on a precipice financially, and their ownership is causing massive long term damage, which WILL be harder to recover from than a 'poor manager'.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:40 pm

Well obviously if its a straight choice then the ownership issue is far more serious.
Anyone who says otherwise is blatantly on the wind up.

However its not one or the other for me.

Both need to go for the good of the club imo.
I have nothing against Rafa, he has just come up short and is taking us backwards.
We cant allow sentiment to get in the way, or the poor job he is doing to be clouded by other issues.
Both issues are important to us moving forwards without question.

But as stated in the first line if i had a choice obviously i would get rid of the owners first.
Fact of the matter is, we dont have a choice, and changing our manager and our on the field fortunes is something that we can and should do at the end of this season.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:31 pm

For me, it's as clear as night and day. Get rid of the yanks 1st and foremost. No contest.

I do, however, agree whole heartedlywith Ben's last paragraph above.
ConnO'var

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:11 pm

Some very good points from posters and i totally understand that you want rafa to go still . Personally i think who ever does come if anyone , will want there own manager anyway . So as a "PRO Rafa " supporter i'm not wanting to get the owners out to save rafa's job . I doing it for the good of LFC . What we all know is that no one person is bigger than LFC and that's my point . LFC future has to come first ,who ever the manager is .

Picking up on Saints point .I think that is the next most important thing after getting rid of these owners . We all must do our very best to make sure whom ever is coming  will run the club properly and will respect the fans the history and the tradition . It is up to us as fans to not let this happen again . LFC is now a commodity to be traded and we must try our hardest to get back to the Liverpool way . SOS do have a few things in the pipeline and hopefully when they do come out you and me will give it your full backing and we can own our club ourselves or have a stake in owning our club which we can build on in the future . That my friends is hopefully the way to go and the future of LFC .

It's definately not about defending Rafa or protecting his future , it's far more importatnt than that.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Some very good points from posters and i totally understand that you want rafa to go still . Personally i think who ever does come if anyone , will want there own manager anyway . So as a "PRO Rafa " supporter i'm not wanting to get the owners out to save rafa's job . I doing it for the good of LFC . What we all know is that no one person is bigger than LFC and that's my point . LFC future has to come first ,who ever the manager is .

Picking up on Saints point .I think that is the next most important thing after getting rid of these owners . We all must do our very best to make sure whom ever is coming  will run the club properly and will respect the fans the history and the tradition . It is up to us as fans to not let this happen again . LFC is now a commodity to be traded and we must try our hardest to get back to the Liverpool way . SOS do have a few things in the pipeline and hopefully when they do come out you and me will give it your full backing and we can own our club ourselves or have a stake in owning our club which we can build on in the future . That my friends is hopefully the way to go and the future of LFC .

It's definately not about defending Rafa or protecting his future , it's far more importatnt than that.

No arguments from me on that score Igor.

And when you have more info regarding what SOS want all fans to get involved in i will do what i can in that respect.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Sir Roger » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Dundalk wrote:If anyone votes Rafa they dont support Liverpool

Very silly comment
:nod
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Some very good points from posters and i totally understand that you want rafa to go still . Personally i think who ever does come if anyone , will want there own manager anyway . So as a "PRO Rafa " supporter i'm not wanting to get the owners out to save rafa's job . I doing it for the good of LFC . What we all know is that no one person is bigger than LFC and that's my point . LFC future has to come first ,who ever the manager is .

No arguments from me on that score Igor.

And when you have more info regarding what SOS want all fans to get involved in i will do what i can in that respect.

Great stuff Ben ,Cheers .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:25 pm

s@int wrote:Yes we need money or we will eventually "do a Leeds", but the right owners with the right intentions with a little less money might be better than rich owners who just see us as a cash cow. The problem is our owners would sell to the devil if he offered 2p more than our White Knight.

I didn't answer the question properly before, but for me mate it has to be the owners who take priority  , but we need to be very careful that its not out of the frying pan.......into the fire.

Well writen there Saint ,

They have to be the first priority and lets just hope that any new owner who comes in feels the same way about the club like we do, Im a pro Rafa you know that and yes i would love him to be here , But if we were fortunate to get owners who cared about the  club and said bye bye Rafa lad youve had your day no problem with me , But the priority from every Liverpool supporter at the moment must be doing everything they can to try and get rid, Rafa comes second
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:28 pm

There is a very simple solution which will force the owners hands
Stop going the game
All these whingers who go on and on about the yanks and how they are ruining the club can solve the problem easily.
All stand outside in protest and refuse to go in just for one game and see what happens. They will get the message soon enough.
All the screaming and shouting doesnt seem to be having the desired effect does it?
Actions speak louder than words.
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Sir Roger wrote:

Very silly comment

Made perfect sense to me.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

Very silly comment

Must be an Oirish thing

some people are broed with Rafa, the football, the tactics, the overall ambience, some would prefer Rafa was gone right now
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:48 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

Very silly comment

Must be an Oirish thing

some people are broed with Rafa, the football, the tactics, the overall ambience, some would prefer Rafa was gone right now

anti-OOTer!  :angry:  :angry:

:D
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:51 pm

fivecups wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

Very silly comment

Must be an Oirish thing

anti-OOTer!  :angry:  :angry:

:D

0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:53 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:

Very silly comment

Must be an Oirish thing

What does broed mean?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion