If Liverpool were in Everton's position !!!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:30 am

It will come as absolutely no shock whatsoever to read that some of Everton's fans would rather lose the Man City game and miss out on the Champions League if it meant that Liverpool didn't win the league. The thinking of some Everton fans is that they will not get very far in the CL anyway. These idiotic fkrs want reminding that the Moyes years are behind them and they have a manager in Martinez who may just turn back the clock to the eighties. They have had an excellent season and whilst the summer could be tough they still have a lot going for them.

Some football fans are more concerned with what other teams fail to achieve than what their team actually achieves. SO THE BIG QUESTION IS: WHAT CAMP WOULD YOU BE IN IF LIVERPOOL FOUND THEMSELVES IN EXACTLY THE SAME POSITION? Would you happily bin the CL to stop Everton winning the league?

I just thank goodness that the players attitude will be vastly different from some of their fans. I have never really been that bothered about what Everton do. Now if it was United................
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:38 am

devaney » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:30 am wrote:It will come as absolutely no shock whatsoever to read that some of Everton's fans would rather lose the Man City game and miss out on the Champions League if it meant that Liverpool didn't win the league. The thinking of some Everton fans is that they will not get very far in the CL anyway. These idiotic fkrs want reminding that the Moyes years are behind them and they have a manager in Martinez who may just turn back the clock to the eighties. They have had an excellent season and whilst the summer could be tough they still have a lot going for them.

Some football fans are more concerned with what other teams fail to achieve than what their team actually achieves. SO THE BIG QUESTION IS: WHAT CAMP WOULD YOU BE IN IF LIVERPOOL FOUND THEMSELVES IN EXACTLY THE SAME POSITION? Would you happily bin the CL to stop Everton winning the league?

I just thank goodness that the players attitude will be vastly different from some of their fans. I have never really been that bothered about what Everton do. Now if it was United................

Everton's fans a joke and an insignificance to be quite honest.

How the f*ck can anyone take them seriously? They aren't even worth talking about.

There is a lad who goes in my local who's a blue...

Some of the corkers he's come out with so far this season are as follows:

1. Ross Barkley was better than Owen at the same age
2. he's the best young player I've seen apart from Rooney.
3. Rooney is better than Suarez.
4. Liverpool's attack is "nowhere near" the best in the league...
5. Gareth Barry is sh*te, can't believe we've signed him (their player of the season  :laugh: )
6. We never spend any money on anyone ever.
7. Fellaini will win United the league... :laugh:
8. (10 days ago) I bet Liverpool don't qualify for the champions league...

Not to mention the amount of time he spends talking about Liverpool...
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:38 am

bitter bitter bitter   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:31 am

That's what I find fascinating about a lot of Everton supporters. They actually know more about Liverpool's misgivings than they actually know about their own team. Got to love them really  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby mramo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:15 pm

devaney » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:30 am wrote:It will come as absolutely no shock whatsoever to read that some of Everton's fans would rather lose the Man City game and miss out on the Champions League if it meant that Liverpool didn't win the league. The thinking of some Everton fans is that they will not get very far in the CL anyway.

I guess these are the opinions of the very minority of Everton fans, rather than the huge majority. I doubt Martinez would sacrifice champions league that easily, and neither would he go back on his objectives & promise to Bill last year. For Everton to qualify its a potential £30m gateway. I think his team will put on a great show against City and attempt to derail Arsenal's 4th place chances.

Everton are now in a place where 4th place destiny is now in their hands, and out of Arsenals (by virtue of that extra game in hand)
mramo

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:34 pm

mramo » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:15 am wrote:
devaney » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:30 am wrote:It will come as absolutely no shock whatsoever to read that some of Everton's fans would rather lose the Man City game and miss out on the Champions League if it meant that Liverpool didn't win the league. The thinking of some Everton fans is that they will not get very far in the CL anyway.

I guess these are the opinions of the very minority of Everton fans, rather than the huge majority. I doubt Martinez would sacrifice champions league that easily, and neither would he go back on his objectives & promise to Bill last year. For Everton to qualify its a potential £30m gateway. I think his team will put on a great show against City and attempt to derail Arsenal's 4th place chances.

Everton are now in a place where 4th place destiny is now in their hands, and out of Arsenals (by virtue of that extra game in hand)

Your joking aren't you? Us winning the league is their worst nightmare, Evertonians have loved every minute of these last 24 years watching United win title after title whilst we have languished between 4th and 8th.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:21 pm

who cares what those bluenose fans think, the fact remains...  the Everton owners/manager and players want champ.league footie next season. They'll turn up against Man city and give it their all

the fans only pay into the club to watch, they don't get a say
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:38 am

I find it amusing that nobody has answered my question (including me)  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:55 am

devaney » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:30 am wrote:Some football fans are more concerned with what other teams fail to achieve than what their team actually achieves. SO THE BIG QUESTION IS: WHAT CAMP WOULD YOU BE IN IF LIVERPOOL FOUND THEMSELVES IN EXACTLY THE SAME POSITION? Would you happily bin the CL to stop Everton winning the league?

No. I've said it in other threads that i would very much like Everton to qualify for the ECL because it'll be a great milestone for them, and the Everton today is very different to the Everton that was under DM. Roberto Martinez has been really impressive and so has the Everton team, especially Coleman, Barkley and Distin.

Furthermore, it would be good for them to qualify for the ECL as it means players like Lukaku are more likely to stay with them instead of going to Chelsea. They would help weaken a rival in effect. Would prefer Lukaku in an Everton jersey rather than a Chelsea one.

In addition to that, it would be good for the city of Merseyside to see both teams back within the elite. I'm sick of London and Manchester. It's time for those in Merseyside to rise up and be the force they were before.

I'm not from Merseyside hence I'm not privy to the rivalry but I'm certain that there's more respect than hate. They way both clubs come together for the Hillsborough Campaign proves it.

Finally, I would like to see how Arsenal reacts without the ECL as finishing 4th as been their pride and joy for the past 8 years.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:37 pm

devaney » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:38 am wrote:I find it amusing that nobody has answered my question (including me)  :laugh:

:glare:

So ? whats your answer ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:03 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:37 am wrote:
devaney » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:38 am wrote:I find it amusing that nobody has answered my question (including me)  :laugh:

:glare:

So ? whats your answer ?

No if it was Everton even if I do have to tolerate having two of the bitterest blues as relations !!! Now if it was United I'd find the answer a bit trickier.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:34 am

On the topic of gifting points didn't Gerrard gift Chelsea the title in 2010 so the mancs would not win? It was a suicidal back pass from Stevie that was completely out of character.

Some will say it was a mistake...ok sure, it was an accident.  :laugh:

In that case I would have done exactly the same thing to deny Man U another title.
killerp

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:28 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:55 am wrote:
devaney » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:30 am wrote:Some football fans are more concerned with what other teams fail to achieve than what their team actually achieves. SO THE BIG QUESTION IS: WHAT CAMP WOULD YOU BE IN IF LIVERPOOL FOUND THEMSELVES IN EXACTLY THE SAME POSITION? Would you happily bin the CL to stop Everton winning the league?

No. I've said it in other threads that i would very much like Everton to qualify for the ECL because it'll be a great milestone for them, and the Everton today is very different to the Everton that was under DM. Roberto Martinez has been really impressive and so has the Everton team, especially Coleman, Barkley and Distin.

Furthermore, it would be good for them to qualify for the ECL as it means players like Lukaku are more likely to stay with them instead of going to Chelsea. They would help weaken a rival in effect. Would prefer Lukaku in an Everton jersey rather than a Chelsea one.

In addition to that, it would be good for the city of Merseyside to see both teams back within the elite. I'm sick of London and Manchester. It's time for those in Merseyside to rise up and be the force they were before.

I'm not from Merseyside hence I'm not privy to the rivalry but I'm certain that there's more respect than hate. They way both clubs come together for the Hillsborough Campaign proves it.

Finally, I would like to see how Arsenal reacts without the ECL as finishing 4th as been their pride and joy for the past 8 years.

Exactly. But it's different for us mate, we have never been there and seen how it's like, never mind living there. It's only natural that city rivals would hate each other. Although there's a lot of respect between the two sets of fans, you can't expect them to wish success to each other. The derby would have been very unexciting if things were like that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion