We can win the prem with kewell

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bmnj » Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:51 pm

we are solid when it comes to defending with players hyypia,hamann,gerrard,murphy we have a goal machine in owen all we needed was a player who could link midfield with are strikers give us width and creativity give us a unexpected type of play that would have us on the egde of our seats and who could not only set up others with goals scoring chances but could give us 10-15 extra goals and we have that in kewell, what a signing,we paid £5m for him and for what we are getting we might as well say we got him for free, kewell should have least cost £20.  What a signing by houllier he's back in my good books and despite people going on about ronaldinho supposed move to man poo surely kewell has to be the signning of the summer, with him in are team now not only will us pool fans get the kind of football we were screaming for for so long but surely kewell is the last piece to the puzzle and theres no reason why we cant think we can win the prem this season, in my veiw we have as much chance as man POO or ARSEnal, whats your veiw?
bmnj

Postby Adrian » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:15 pm

I agree with you totaly,but ia dont think murphy can play in the first squad.I would love to see smicer playing again and doiuf???!!what happened to him?he had a reall potencial...

that is all i would say for now
Adrian

Postby AHAK » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:17 pm

We definately have the players now...DEFINATELY.  Now its all about some of the lads raising their game and most importantly GH freeing them from their defensive shackles.  If we start to care more about our performance rather than the opposition we have the potential to be a match 4 any1.
AHAK

Postby Brocky » Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:43 am

The only thing I worry about is injury, I just don't think we have the depth of Arsenal and Manchester United (I hate to say it)
Brocky

Postby Badmao1 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:04 am

We need another defender soon as Henchoz has had a few injury problems. Danny Murphy is a first teamer and has earnt his place in the team and in my opinion was our most consistant player last season.
Badmao1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bmnj » Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:49 pm

Badmao1 wrote:We need another defender soon as Henchoz has had a few injury problems. Danny Murphy is a first teamer and has earnt his place in the team and in my opinion was our most consistant player last season.

i agree.  But to the guy who said smicer and diouf, your kidding right?
bmnj

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:16 pm

Carragher should provide defensive cover right accross the back 4,although i would prefer someone else to come in to prevent Traore comin in and weakening the team so much.The signing of Kewell and the price of him in my eyes is the biggest bargain  in the last 10 years..i've even got mates who  are blues who can admit he is worldclass...HONEST !! I am really optimistic about the season and can't wait until  we see the boys back in action again on wed against Cologne.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC4EVA » Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:01 pm

Murphy's best asset is that he can play Left Right or Centre, thats about it, Diouf is one of the few players in the squad who can actually beat a player with skill, which is why I think he should be given the right hand side role before anyone. Murphy give him his due scores some vital goals, but to say he was the most consistant player is rediculous, Maybe to his low standards Murphy had a good season last time out, but thats about it. As for Jamie Carragher he will be used more than just a back-up player, He will be used in away games against bigger teams when we are a bit more defensive and play more counter attacking football, because he would be better suited to play against the likes of giggs, pires and zenden etc.
'Football is not a matter of life and death, Its more important than that'
LFC4EVA

Postby krystalred » Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:05 pm

Greetings fellow scribes.As an exiled Kopite living now in outposts far away ,tv provides most of the opportunity to see the lads. Last season was so frustrating watching us fail to cope with inferior teams especially at Anfield. Lets hope the arrival of Harry Kewell will be the spark to light the fire and passion for the shirt and the club which must surely be in the players.Please, no more performances like the last game at Chelsea. I dont know if we are consistent enough to last the pace and win the premiership, but Kewell is an exciting player and who knows our defensive mindset may be tossed away and teams might start to worry about playing us for a change. Go to it lads and bring the good times back to Anfield.
krystalred

Postby AHAK » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:24 am

Badmao1 wrote:Danny Murphy is a first teamer and has earnt his place in the team and in my opinion was our most consistant player last season.

Does that mean Danny was good or everyone else was complete sh##e?  Im not the biggest platini....erm i mean Murphy fan. Unless his game improves drastically during pre-season I would accept the first bid over 4mill for him.
AHAK

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:55 am

no i think your wrong ,
oh well  , ho hum ,, maybe next yeeeeeeeeeeeeeear :D

ps . who cares , its only a game
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby BOBSTER786 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:47 am

U GUYS ARE RIGHT BUT KEWELL HAS NOT PLAYED TO THE TOP OF HIS GAME YET BUT WHEN THAT COMES EVERY 1 WILL SEE THIS IS THE TEAM NOT MESS WITH SO MOVE OVER MAN POO, ARSENEL AND REAL MADRID HERE COME LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BOBSTER786

Postby greenred » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:51 pm

Im seeing double.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:22 pm

I thought someone was taking the p#ss until I saw what date this thread started.

I'm still sitting here trying to figure where it all went wrong really.....
jonnymac1979

Postby ynwa » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:34 pm

Bruno Cheyrou Salif Diao Djimi Traore Igor Biscan Vladimir Smicer why
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion