Uefa qualification - Clear up confusion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kenco » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:17 am

"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:35 am

as my mate zarababe will say, "its been done before, god, cant you people READ??"
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:51 am

this is gonna be the 2nd same annoyance for supersub :D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:20 pm

el_stinger wrote:as my mate zarababe will say, "its been done before, god, cant you people READ??"

:D too right
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:16 pm

This doesnt clear up anythiung.  On Everton's official website they say that they won't make it if we win the CL, but on ours it says we won't automatically.  Then I come here and another person says this and another person says that...  I have an idea that will clear up any confusion.  How about we win the CL and take 4th in the league?
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:22 pm

L-type wrote:On Everton's official website they say that they won't make it if we win the CL

everton won't make it because they won't finish 4th.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:39 pm

L-type wrote: On Everton's official website they say that they won't make it if we win the CL,

.. well it is blatanlty obvious that if we won the CL than the FA would realistically have to enter us, IF (we'll make 4th IMO)if we did not finish 4th.. to defend the trophy.. I mean come on the European Chapions would have to defend the title .. at the very least ay ..

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:52 am

There would be some considerable pressure on the FA to allow the champions of the past campaign to compete in the following campaign. Imagine seeing the Reds at the start of each program lifting the cup celebrating the win, to not even be playing in the league. Would be quite embarrasing. But then again, Everton HAVE been producing some good football that warrant them access to the CL AT THE MOMENT. They have already stumbled a few times, its just that we havent made sure of OUR results to warrant us taking over 4th spot. We should get there without winning the CL, but if all else fails, UEFA would certainly mount some sort of pressure to the FA, it has to be done.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:28 am

zarababe wrote:
L-type wrote: On Everton's official website they say that they won't make it if we win the CL,

.. well it is blatanlty obvious that if we won the CL than the FA would realistically have to enter us, IF (we'll make 4th IMO)if we did not finish 4th.. to defend the trophy.. I mean come on the European Chapions would have to defend the title .. at the very least ay ..

Technically speaking no, this was a precedant set after France winning the World Cup in 1998, ie. holders do not go onto automatically qualify for the next tournament.

However there is one thing you guys have totally missed out, Brian Barwick the new Chief executive odf the FA is a well known Liverpool supporter  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby el_stinger » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:49 am

maximus wrote:
zarababe wrote:

Technically speaking no, this was a precedant set after France winning the World Cup in 1998, ie. holders do not go onto automatically qualify for the next tournament.

However there is one thing you guys have totally missed out, Brian Barwick the new Chief executive odf the FA is a well known Liverpool supporter  :D

No, UEFA and FIFA are two completely different governing bodies.

Where you say France won the World Cup and THEN FIFA set a precedent that the title holder doesnt automatically qualify for the cup, im not sure about that, they were in the 2002 Japan/Koread cup, but im pretty sure they auto qualified. Im pretty sure that it counts for Germany, where Brazil are the title holders, but they still must qualify for the World Cup.

UEFA have already stated that Everton might not get auto qualification, however its up to the FA to decide whether the title holders gain auto entry. They will put pressure on the FA to make it just.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:37 pm

lets wait and see
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andrewww1 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:39 pm

i think we will do well! if everton get in it will be a crime
andrewww1

Postby ianwillo » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:39 pm

Everton will not finish 4th!!!!!  They have had more luck this season than anyone in the prem and WILL get there comeuppance next year when some scandnaviun bums knock them out of the UEFA ha ha ha
:O
ianwillo

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:29 pm

I find it hard to believe (though I promise to dance naked in my street if it happens) that we'll win the CL, but should it happen and we dont finish 4th does anyone else see lawyers gettin a few quid out of the shambolic rulings?
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:40 pm

.. it shoud not be an issue for lawyers.. it's the rules of football.. and Liverpool will defend the CL title if they win it :;):

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion