True fans - True fans

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:03 am

I never missed a match for 17 years then disaster but I still count myself lucky,in the last ten years I've probably missed a handful of home games.I blame the wife,what with honeymoon and child-birth she certainly put the blocks on a few times.But does this make me more of a "true" fan than somebody who can't get to Anfield.I say no it does not,there are fans/supporters all over the globe who are as big a red as me and I appreciate their allegiance.Sadly looking at other liverpool forums I noticed some so called liverpool fans be-little supporters who can't make the trip to Anfield on a regular basis,claiming they are not true reds.
          Any opinions?
Last edited by supersub on Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:18 pm

*ANKERS..................:angry:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rowms2 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:01 am

In my opinion,a great supporter go regularly to the stadium,singing the reds' songs in the reds' kop!I'm a tiny supporter of Liverpool,if I really understood your question supersub,cause the few times I see the Reds play,it's on TV with peaces of matches...but I follow the results and the current affairs of the club on internet.And it is true when you have a family,it's very difficult to support!
am I offside??? :(
rowms2

Postby supersub » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:11 am

rowms2 you are a supporter and a fan.I am pleased you enjoy watching liverpool,maybe one day you may get to see them play.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:01 pm

Seems like we all have a wife and kids....

But all share the same passion,and its just my opinion that
cannot be denied.
What about all the people that want tickets but cant get one?
does that make them not true supporters cos the didnt go to the game? i think not!.
If we share a passion as the reds fraternity why should we argue about whats right and wrong?Family is family and as we all know sometimes its better to choose friends over family cos sometimes they just dont get along!!!,But there is still a bond which ties them for life,So why dont we except that we  just agree to dis agree?Friends or Family we are all following the same tide,The mighty red one that we all love and that will one day put us all together wether from the edge of our seats or from the terraces.........
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:35 pm

absolutely
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LiverpoolFC_Kopite » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:10 pm

Living on the Wirral, if I even could get tickets for matches I would be going, but it seems nearly impossible.
LiverpoolFC_Kopite

Postby 116-1065305004 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:07 pm

True fans yes, I have been a fan now since the age of 7(12 years) and it is about time the team started repaying every Liverpool fans loyalty and sack Houllier and get rid of all his flops, I feel for Houllier but home defeats to Chelsea and Arsenal are not good enough! Houllier has also gave up on going for the Premiership simply accepting we will be behind Arsenal,Man Utd and Chelsea for ever!  Half of his signings couldnt even make it into our pub side and should have got the boot in the summer(they are:Biscan,Heskey,Smicer,Diouf,Cheyrou,Diao etc), it is time for BIG CHANGES before 4 years of rebuilding counts for nothing yet again!
116-1065305004

Postby TJAMES » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:25 pm

CAN SAY IM A TRUE FAN BUT WE AINT DOIN TO WELL SO WHENPEOPLE ASK WHY DO I SUPPORT LIVERPOOL FC I CAN ONLY SAY WAIT AND SEE
sup ppl
TJAMES

Postby RedSi » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:51 pm

Heskey and Diouf should be removed from your list the return of beavis as they are both class acts imho..... ???
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HistoryGirl » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:36 pm

Heskey isnt if he isnt good enough for LFC squad he should not be in the England squad should he?

I may not be what you can a "true fan" but as i live miles away its kind of impossible but i watch matchse whenever i get the chance cos half the time the games are on Sky :angry: which is annoying but theres nothing i can do about it.
If i could go to Anfield regulary i would but i cant when i have enough money and am able to drive i'm definitely going :D
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rowms2 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:40 pm

I think definitly that a supporter must feel the atmosphere of the Stadium.I live near Paris and I go regularly to Marseille to watch Olympique de Marseille's matches:800km!Because I love this team,and I'd do anything I can(skipping a class,lying to my mother,spending a lot of money) to follow them in France and in Europe!And I'll trye to do the same in many stadiums in Eurpoe,including Anfiel of course!!! :D :p
rowms2

Postby supersub » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:00 pm

I'm in the position of owning a season ticket,so thankfully I don't have to hang around on the rip-off credit card line trying to get a ticket.They probably make a fortune just on people trying to buy a ticket,let alone selling the bloody things.Oh!gone are the days when I use to get to Anfield at 10 and wait at a gate till it opened,then paid cash at the turnstile.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby rowms2 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:49 pm

How much is a ticket season for you Supersub?
and a ticket for a match(like a Liverpool-Fulham...not a Liverpool-Arsenal...)???
It's just to compare with it in France... :D
rowms2

Postby supersub » Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:52 pm

My season ticket cost £495.
I believe a match-day ticket costs £28
supersub
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion