Troublemakers - Shop them

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:34 pm

Ciggy has made a point in a thread which I think leads on to something that's well worth making into a thread all of its own.

We could - in theory - be looking at an LFC vs Mancs final, and there are very obvious fears about the conduct of some sectors of both sets of fans in and around a match being hosted overseas.

So, how about instead of tarring one another with the same brush, we work with the GENUINE fans to root out the unsavoury elements of both sets of supporters.

Yes, I'm asking us and them to shop fans that have a history of this.

Between now and the potential final, there are plenty of league matches coming up, plenty of nights out in both cities, and plenty of opportunities for fans to get snaps of the c*nts that time and again are turning up to matches for no reason other than to spill blood.

Camera phones, digital cameras, even just keeping your ears out for names of people that you've seen acting out of order in the past. Nobody needs to get into harm's way to do the right thing, and get useful information to the authorities who can then stop these people getting anywhere near potential flashpoints.

What do you think, guys?
ivor_the_injun

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:39 pm

thats the bizzies job imo.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:42 pm

Well obviously. But if fans - particularly those that travel to away ties in Europe - know of people that are persistently travelling, getting involved in sh*t, and getting away with it, then I'm asking that they go to the police with that info.
ivor_the_injun

Postby redmikey » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:43 pm

it takes one bottle thrown and too much beer drank to set normal fans into pack mode imo it can never be stopped just well policed
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:43 pm

i wouldnt want to see any violence but i aint going to grass someone up its just not in my nature to do so

like the geezer above said its the beezies job

i see where your coming from mate an like i said i wouldnt want to see any kick off's
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:48 pm

redmikey wrote:it takes one bottle thrown and too much beer drank to set normal fans into pack mode imo it can never be stopped just well policed

Well that's another thing entirely. That's always going to be an issue. Normal fans won't be carrying a blade, or a pocket full of sharpened coins.

I'm talking about people that you KNOW are going to be looking for trouble before they've even left for the airport, let alone got themselves a skinful of ale. If the really malicious minority are weeded out beforehand, a bit of squabbling and bottle throwing becomes the end of the scale, and you can police that. A situation where fans are getting knifed is something quite different.
ivor_the_injun

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:55 pm

RedBlood wrote:i wouldnt want to see any violence but i aint going to grass someone up its just not in my nature to do so

i see where your coming from mate an like i said i wouldnt want to see any kick off's

The police can't do f*ck all if no-one reports anything.

Likewise, I hear you. It's not in my nature either, but there does come a time when I think you have to do what's right as opposed to what sits right with you.

Example: a mate of mine knew a guy that he knew dealt smack to kids. Hated the guy, but on principle never grassed him up.

Then, three 17 year olds - two of which were really sound kids with good futures ahead of them - died ODing on stuff the guy supplied.

The guy's still dealing, 'cos no-one will do the right thing.

If I knew someone that carried a blade to games, I'd like to think that I'd tell the police before they get a chance to do something with it, not after, and certainly not just turn a blind eye entirely.

If you don't want to see violence, and you know of someone that may travel looking to start some, it's not a big f*cking leap to do something about it, that's all I'm saying.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:56 pm

Firstly, I think your getting ahead of yourself.

Secondly, (while its a good samaritans idea) its the old bills job.

Thirdly, I cant do anything about as I am currently 14.000 kms away :D
66-1112520797

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:01 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Firstly, I think your getting ahead of yourself.

Secondly, (while its a good samaritans idea) its the old bills job.

Thirdly, I cant do anything about as I am currently 14.000 kms away :D

Totally - like I've said in another thread, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Man U will make the final. Obviously we've got a second leg to worry about before we even start thinking about Chelsea as well.

See my post above in relation to your second point. The police are - in most cases - only as good as the information they get.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:01 pm

RedBlood wrote:i wouldnt want to see any violence but i aint going to grass someone up its just not in my nature to do so

Typical scumbags attitude that.

"am no grass me lad" "Fuck the bizzies laaaa", "Fuck the bizzies laaaa", "Fuck the bizzies laaaa", "Fuck the bizzies laaaa".

I won't help them bizzies laaaa, al just complain about it when I come home after the final when av been stabbed.

No grass me laddddddddddddd.

The mentallity of some people is an absoloute disgrace and its the exact reason this country has become a complete shitwhole. Theres a time and place and circumstances to do the right thing, this is it.

I actually read this thread and though, I won't bother to reply but if anything happens we'll see whats what... But since that attitude is being displayed its provoked a response.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:07 pm

The angriest I've seen Stu in a long time, particularly in a thread with absolutely no mention of Dean Ashton. :D

Glad I'm not talking to walls on this though. I know that many have their own beefs with the police - I do myself - but I know of many in the force that would consider it a day's work very well done if they got a dozen or so names of some of these thug c*nts to pass on to the Home Office.
ivor_the_injun

Postby RedBlood » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:07 pm

who you calling a scumbag you :censored: nomark

i didnt say :censored: the bizzes, did i?

i respect the police and what they do for our society but i just wouldnt grass its that simple

espeacially over football violence because most of the time its thugs on thugs very rare does an innocent get hurt unless the roma police are about

so dont be calling me a scumbag because you know nothing about me

why do you always try to start beef on the net are you that lonely??
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:13 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:The angriest I've seen Stu in a long time, particularly in a thread with absolutely no mention of Dean Ashton. :D

Glad I'm not talking to walls on this though. I know that many have their own beefs with the police - I do myself - but I know of many in the force that would consider it a day's work very well done if they got a dozen or so names of some of these thug c*nts to pass on to the Home Office.

Dont get me wrong I'd happily "grass" up a Manc and will have no shame in doing so.  :D

Its just not possible for me.

I just cant believe people are making serious suggestions yet about it. Possibly the authorities should be looking into, but we've got to look at PSV, then possibly Chelsea, I for one am not looking past the semi's yet.
66-1112520797

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:22 pm

It's not just a LFC/Man U final issue though.

Even if we don't make the final, a blade-carrying c*nt is a blade-carrying c*nt, and shouldn't be going to ANY games, let alone those showpiece final affairs on the continent that will be broadcast to billions. It's not like this suddenly won't be a problem next season - how about we as a club root out the filth in our own backyard for the long term good?

Personally, I'm typing all this 250 miles away from Anfield, so it's not like I have a memory card full of mugshots to hand over at the local station. I'd feel this way if I was 250 metres away though, and if I did, I would.
ivor_the_injun

Postby scousephilly » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:11 pm

Can we agree to this.

Those with a consience, inform the police, or you'll find it hard to forgive yourself if something kicked off.
Those that hate the cops tell someone else who will tell the police, or feel the same if something kicks off.

We don't want LFC fans to either:
Get hurt, or,
Ruin the reputation of genuine fans.

Lets be right, anyone going to look for trouble are NOT genuine fans, no matter how they justify their animal behaviour. I hope LFC crack down on the nutters and threaten/give life bans.

YNWA
scousephilly

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion