Tribute to God - Fowler to America?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:15 am

:(  Looks like our Robbie is on his way to the USA at the end of the season.
What a shame he didnt look after himself he would be a regular starter in the first team of any club had he had taken care of himself.
He is a legend, he is Liverpool along with Carra.
Top fella, has brought us so much enjoyment probably the best natural goal scorer we have had in the last 20 years.

It will be a sad day when you leave Robbie, thanx for the memories and we are glad that you came back to your proper home for your last hoorah.

Edgar Davids and Robbie Fowler are set to join David Beckham in America.

Daily Mail

Former Arsenal player Steve Morrow, the manager of Major League Soccer club FC Dallas, has revealed he is in talks with Tottenham midfielder Davids.

Morrow said: "We are actually in negotiations with Edgar Davids - we've been speaking for a couple of weeks.

"It appears Spurs are willing to listen to offers. If a deal is going to happen it has to be done before the end of the month."

And Fowler could be the next big name to join the Beckham exodus across the pond.

He has refused to leave Anfield in the January transfer window and a source close to the player said: "Robbie's agent is in talks with a number of American clubs who have offered him two-year deals with a massive wage increase.

"Obviously, Robbie would love to stay at Liverpool but Rafa Benitez has shown no indication he wants him to stay after his contract expires in May.

"He was going to retire, but after careful consideration he still thinks he has a couple more years left in the tank."

At 33, Davids is no longer wanted at White Hart Lane and has already been linked with a loan move to Dutch club AZ Alkmaar.

As for 31-year-old Beckham, it has emerged that he spurned the advances of several of Europe's elite clubs before putting his signature on the £128million deal.

Both Milan clubs, as well as French clubs Marseilles and Lyon, were rebuffed, as were West Ham, Bolton and Newcastle.

New England Revolution midfielder Clint Dempsey, 23, yesterday secured a move to join fellow countrymen Brian McBride and Carlos Bocanegra at Fulham for an undisclosed fee.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:33 am

It will definately be a sad time, if Fowler leaves for America. I hope he doesn't, and stays with the club. The MLS is bluddy poor, a man of his caliber should not be playing for an American Soccer Team.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:45 am

My all-time favourite player bar none. Legend in his own lifetime, and a genuine cheeky chappie-turned-good-'un.

To be fair to him, if Rafa doesn't want to keep him, I say good luck. Imagine the amount of goals he'd score if he went to the same club as Beckham - quality cross after cross, and the World's best finisher (argue and you're gay! :D) to stick them away.

I'd be suprised if he didn't break the Yank goalscoring records to bits.

Good luck Robbie - I'd love you to stay, but if you can't - enjoy yourself lad.  :bowdown

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:47 am

yeah, hes not being used enough by rafa in my opinion, but he should still stay, as he said himself he would have retired at the end o this season if he didnt get a new contract from us, he should be given a contract and then moved into the backroom when his playing days are over
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:10 am

Why would Robbie?......All this sh.ite is gonna make me sick!

HEADLINE....Beckham goes to USA....what do ya want a fuc.king Robbie shadow?
No way!
66-1120597113

Postby The mightyreds » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:49 am

??? pls dont go!
"When I've got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." Bill Shankly
The mightyreds

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:26 am

peewee wrote:yeah, hes not being used enough by rafa in my opinion, but he should still stay, as he said himself he would have retired at the end o this season if he didnt get a new contract from us, he should be given a contract and then moved into the backroom when his playing days are over

You think fowler should be playing more games for us in the premiership and all?

Surely not, hes simply passed it now in my view.  It hurts me to say but his playing days for Liverpool are well and truly over.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:48 am

i was hoping hed turn to coaching (maybe he will come back and do that)

good luck to the dude i say
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:49 am

murphy0151 wrote:
peewee wrote:yeah, hes not being used enough by rafa in my opinion, but he should still stay, as he said himself he would have retired at the end o this season if he didnt get a new contract from us, he should be given a contract and then moved into the backroom when his playing days are over

You think fowler should be playing more games for us in the premiership and all?

Surely not, hes simply passed it now in my view.  It hurts me to say but his playing days for Liverpool are well and truly over.

Feck me, I think he deserves more than five minutes at the end of every four games or so. How you can say he's past it when he hasnt really had the chance in the prem is beyond me.
66-1112520797

Postby Elchris » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:00 am

dawson99 wrote:i was hoping hed turn to coaching (maybe he will come back and do that)

good luck to the dude i say

I think he's time is up here in liverpool ....does not look fit at all.. i think he din take care much of himself on fitness

if he's going to US i think it's because of the money

Nevertheless he's a legend and i love him  :buttrock

yea i do hope he comes and do some coaching stuff at liverpool on the future
Elchris

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:34 am

Will be a sad day, I'm just proud I was there for his return against Brum. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:42 am

I like big players, ending their Careers in big clubs, not in minor leagues. But that's an emotional thought, if he thinks going to USA is the best for him, good luck.

He'll be a legend anyway.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:00 pm

gonna be a sad day for thousands of fans :(
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Crouchamania » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:16 pm

Hope he doesn't leave as he'd be good to have around the dressing room but if he does leave good luck to him. He will be missed. :(
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby jeffiroquai » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm

If he comes here, I hope he comes to Washington.  DC United are the Liverpool of MLS!!!  Plus, I will be able to take my kids to see GOD more often.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion