Tribute to God - Fowler to America?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:03 pm

Hope there's nothing in this...I want God to see out his career with Liverpool and then move into coaching with us.

If he does go, though, I'll wish him all the best and perhaps consider taking in one of his games when he faces Canada's new MLS club..."Toronto FC" (and that's not a joke :D).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby peterc1992 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:08 pm

he shoudnt go to america,hes good enoughf or the team but he will never get a starting line up place,because he is not bothered to get himself fit and as ciggy sais look after himself,.true legend
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:32 pm

I had hoped that he would stay on as a coach perhaps or work in the academy, anything club related. Hes indeed given us some great goals over the years.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:35 pm

If he's going to leave, then good luck to him.  I think 'past-it' is the wrong phrase to use.  'Past his peak' would be a better one without being harsh, I mean when Rafa plays him, he does the job indeed, scoring more often than not. 

He's been a success if you look at his signing in terms of what he was bought for, as a backup to the first choice strikers, he hasn't complained about this once and I'm sure he knows his place even though he would love to be first choice like he was at his undroppable best.

And at least he will leave on his terms, and say goodbye on his terms.  Not shipped out after being sacrificed at half time in a game which nobody knew would be his last.  I've a feeling it will be an emotional day when he claps the Kop for the final time as a Liverpool player.
jonnymac1979

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:59 pm

Fowler was my favourite player though the 90s, i remember hearing about him scoring goals for the reserves and youth and waiting with anticipation for him to get a start. He got that start and scored agaist Fulam in a league cup game and then scored five in the return, i also remember him scoring along with my hero in the last game agaist the bitters in front of the late, great kop.
I along with every other was overjoyed when Rafa brought him back and he was just what we needed at the time.
But lets not kid ourselves with sentamentality Robbie is our forth choise stiker on merit.Yes he is the best finisher out of the four but in the modern game you need more, how quick is he? not very, never seemed to fully recover from his first knee op to be fair, whats his ball distribution like? can be great but most of the time slopy, even his biggest supporters must admit he gives the ball away cheaply in advanced possitions but when he was bangin them in who  cared, but our league is stonger now and ball retention is important espescialy when you have players in advanced possitions.
How good a "team" player is he when we dont have the ball? how much ground does he cover?
Fowler was a great player for the club but that time is coming to an end, we have better players, players who can better cope with the demands of the prem and will most proberly bring in more in the summer, he is a great finisher but he was a great player.
Goodbye God and all the best.

I really wish when we have a player coming to the end of his career people would stop saying they should get or be given a coaching job, why?
Does he want one? doubt it.
Do we need one? most proberly not.
Should we create a job just for him? And then who? we would end up with more coaches than players. :D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby deejay-cgt » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:31 pm

well if he goes he deserves abit of the good weather there dont he?

good luck to him whatever he decides to do :)
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:34 pm

He'll be ok. There's lots of white lines to sniff in those NFL stadiums. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Rafa D » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:38 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I'll wish him all the best and perhaps consider taking in one of his games

PERHAPS??!?!?

YOU WILL DEFINETLY GET YOUR :censored: DOWN THERE!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:07 pm

Sorry guys...is it so wrong for me to want him to come play for the Revolution so I can watch him all summer :devil: ? I'd finally be justified in showing up to Revs games with my LFC shirt!
cptrios

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:09 pm

i payed tribute to god today i gave him a 6 chicken nugget meal and bbq sauce
kopite_1232002

Postby akumaface » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:24 am

I think the reality is that this will be his last contract. Although he doesn't needed the money as he has a lot of asset but I'm sure the contract is huge and is hard to turn down. Especially the guarantee of a starting place. Anyway, if he decided to go, I would respect his decision and good luck to his new adventure.:)
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:54 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:I'll wish him all the best and perhaps consider taking in one of his games

PERHAPS??!?!?

YOU WILL DEFINETLY GET YOUR :censored: DOWN THERE!!

Alright Dody, lad...for you I'll make sure I'm there when Robbie comes to town!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby vlady16.1 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:08 am

:( it saddens me that god could finish his career somewhere other than Anfield. If he was to move to the MLS, I will take my stepson to-be to see my favorite player of all time. I guess I am 4 hrs from Chicago, Columbus and Toronto so I will see him . I will cry to see him in another jersey but will cheer GOD on!

I bought a #11 away as soon as he rejoined and will wear it with pride if and when I see him...hopefully not though..please stay at Anfield
vlady16.1

Postby jeffiroquai » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:08 pm

If he goes to DC United, I will be there everyweek with my Fowler CL kit on.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:44 pm

Whatever happens to God i wish him all the best and he will never be forgotten. Robbie you are a legend. :bowdown
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion