Tonight - Fantastic

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:13 pm

Traore had an outstanding game. I had always been worried every time he plays at the back because in spite of his pace, he had committed howlers by the dozen in the past but now his present manager and the coaches has changed him into a better player. Traore made some important timely interceptions that stemmed the attack by Depor.

Earlier on, most of us said that Riise is the most improved player. He has recaptured his first season form and improved a bit but now we are seeing 2 players who used to be awful, being much better - Traore and Biscan.

Very good win, very good counter-attacking play. Savour and enjoy the moment, then concentrate on the next game, just like what Rafa said in the post-match interview.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:16 pm

HALLELUJAH!
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:45 pm

just read this on lfc.tv

"The last time a Liverpool team returned home from Spain with a win was in 1983, following a 1-0 victory over Athletic Bilbao and it's worth noting what happened come the end of that season - the Reds won the European Cup!"

a good omen perhaps?? 
:) :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:51 pm

I think our team in 1983 was a bit better :D
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:56 pm

:D hey you been takin to many of them xtc we can do it if we have the confidence and the players and the manager ok I am getting carried away but I did see us losing tonight.
But we deserved the win cause we should have beat them at home.
WALK ON, WALK ON, WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEART AND YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE, YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE, :love:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:58 pm

ive always been an igor and djimi fan
considering every time we touched a depoor player they fell to the ground we had a great result, couldnt ask for any more from the boys, nice one
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Poya » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:03 am

josemi played a very good match tonight for me,he absolutely disabled luque from the left wing,and believe me,luque is a dungerous and strong player.

In general a very good macth,principally in the defensive part,and a good defense in the european competition is very important.
Poya

Postby Woollyback » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:40 am

Josemi for me looked a bit suspect for the first 15-20 mins but found a bit of composure after that and was solid. Carra was his usual rock-like self, Sami had his best game in months and Traore was just fantastic - man of the match for me. Riise looked like his game has matured well under Rafa, and Igor looked like a man on top of the world - stepping in nicely for Stevie and Xabi. Hamann had a solid if uneventful game. Kewell was getting booted left right and centre but had Deportivo's defence worried, whilst Garcia I thought could've done better although put penty of effort in. Baros was very impressive once again, showing incredible determination and work-rate and should've bagged a goal for himself. Kirkland thankfully was very quiet, dealing pretty well with what little got past Sami & Djimi. All round I'm well pleased with tonight. 3 points at Deportivo? YES PLEASE!!!   :)  :)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion