The return of danny murphy - Give him a good reception

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:02 am

Whats this got to do with Murphy's reception on Saturday or have i missed something ? :D Has the thread decended into what reception we might give players who haven't even joined yet ? ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:55 am

I dont think the fans will give 2 hoots about murphy, they wont even bat an eye lid. And neither should they, the guy was a liability.

Im just sorry i cant be there Saturday to watch Alonso rip their midfield apart for much of the game. Danny will probably be surprised by the "class" the new Liverpool midfielders are showing.

Even though i wont be watching the game, i just know how Murphy will play. He'll just be too slow, and be watching alonso's passes zipping around back and forth, mesmerised.

If lfc play like they did in the first half against Deportivo, its a 4-0 scorline no worries.
72-1090627431

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:47 am

stmichael wrote:If dressing room camaraderie is his main motivation then he obviously doesn’t share Benitez’s winning mentality.

Danny was never going to be in the first choice starting eleven,

stmichael

I can't believe you believe that statement.

As for never being in the starting line up I don't agree. Wasn't DM known for being a bit outspoken and this maybe the key as to why he has left, don't you think!

Link this to MO leaving and it seems to add up!
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:08 am

kindaconfused wrote:
stmichael wrote:If dressing room camaraderie is his main motivation then he obviously doesn’t share Benitez’s winning mentality.

Danny was never going to be in the first choice starting eleven,

stmichael

I can't believe you believe that statement.

As for never being in the starting line up I don't agree. Wasn't DM known for being a bit outspoken and this maybe the key as to why he has left, don't you think!

Link this to MO leaving and it seems to add up!

Murphy only spouted his mouth after he left cause he didnt want to. Just sour grapes, he will get a good reception for all them times we beat the scum.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:12 am

You have to give the lad a good reception after saying this, taken from LFCTV. :)

The former Liverpool midfielder returns to Anfield for the first time since leaving to join Charlton and admits he won't know what to feel if he wins.

"My feelings will be mixed," claims Murphy. "If I score I'll be happy for myself and my club but at the same time it will give me no extra pleasure to beat Liverpool. I'm not someone who wants Liverpool to be mid-table. I want to see the club challenging for the title.

"I'll always be a Liverpool fan. I was before I joined the club and will be for the rest of my life. I've got to do a professional job for Charlton and do everything I can to win the game, but I'm not going there feeling bitterness towards Liverpool. I was treated fairly and honestly by Rafael Benitez.

"I'll always be coming to terms with the fact I've left Liverpool. I spent the best days of my career so far at the club. All my friends are there. I can't wait to see so many of my buddies, and I'm not just talking about players. I have friends everywhere at the club.

"It will be very emotional for me to go back but weird to be doing my best to make sure Liverpool lose. The three goals against Manchester United will always be with me, but my personal favourite was my goal against Everton in the Merseyside derby a few years ago. I remember at the time they were above us in the league and it was a massive game for us. I scored at a crucial time and that goal means as much to me as any I scored.

"Then there is the treble season, which I feel I contributed to. I had a lot of good times as a Liverpool player and I'd like to think the fans recognise I always gave my best."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:29 am

cisses_gona_get_ya

I picked up some where that DM had a high opinion of DM and that he was outspkoken in the dressing room. He was a commentator on one of LFC recent games and I liked what he said.

For what he's done for LFC then he deserves a good reception and LFC supporters have always been renowned for their sportsmanship and long may it continue.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:41 am

danny murphy

“Its going to be strange going back , Liverpool supporters are the most passionate supporters in the world and when they get be hide you you feel that you are unbeatable, so not having the Kop be hide me at this game is going to be strange”

Q.What if you score a goal

“Well it would be good for me and my club but I hope I don’t forget that I don’t play for Liverpool any more and run up to the Kop.”

“But I hope its going to be nice to go back and see them its like going back to see old friends”
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:41 am

did not see this thread before i posted my one
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:43 am

Agreed. I think we can forgive him a bit of a whinge when he left the club cos it must've been so hard for him. He should be welcomed back to Anfield cos he's a good lad and gave us some fantastic moments against the sh*te
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:29 am

How can you not welcome a player who scored the winner thrice at old thrashford ?  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion