The return of bruno

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:21 pm

is the next zidane going to be back in the squad next season?

from the guardian

Marseille's Cheyrou set for Liverpool return
PARIS, April 27 (Reuters) - French midfielder Bruno Cheyrou said on Wednesday he would probably leave Olympique Marseille at the end of the season to return to Liverpool.
Cheyrou, 26, who has made three appearances for France, joined Marseille on loan from Liverpool last year. Coach Philippe Troussier rarely includes him in his starting line-up.
"I still belong to Liverpool and I'll probably go back there," Cheyrou told Marseille's website.
"I'll talk to the Liverpool officials and we'll see if they want me to stay or if I have to look for another club," he added.
Cheyrou had failed to find a regular place in the Anfield first team when he returned to France in July last year.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:33 pm

Ohhhhh nooooooooooooo
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:38 pm

He's only coming back cos no other bugger will have him :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:48 pm

If Marseille don't want him what makes him think the LFC a bigger and better club would want him.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:52 pm

He'll be getting sold ,along with the rest of the other dross, don't worry he hasn't got a hope of getting back in liverpools first team he ****** just like traore,biscan and le tellac oops bad examples never mind.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:00 pm

Cheyrou said two months ago that he had agreed to stay at Marseille for next season? ???
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby banana » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:12 pm

Bruno is a pile of poo. Pure and simple. Don't wont him back. He will ruin the quality and speed in training.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:26 am

He'll be another give away, we spent 4.5m on him and probably 30k a week for a couple of seasons, probably cost us about 7.5m . Another GH waste of money, I really ******1ng hate what GH has done to us financially.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:41 am

Honestly, I think he showed more potential last season and before than Igor did, and look at what Rafa's magic has managed to coax from that awkwardly reluctant footballer.

I would like to see Rafa have "a go" at him before we write off his initial fee. I remember him running hte show against Man uinted in the Champions League a few years ago and capping the display with a good goal.

Worth thinking about, especially if we fail to get the 4th spot this term, and cant go out and buy lots of players.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:45 am

I think Benitez wanted to show Finnan and Biscan the door last summer: Finnan almost joined Spurs but an eleventh hour injury to one of our midfielders (cannot remember who now) scuppered the deal. Look what happened to him! After Carragher he has been our best player this year.

Some people have gone overboard in their praise of Igor but even critics like me say that he has (partially) redeemed himself this season. If Bruno comes back and we cannot find this unwanted puppy a home I have no doubt Rafa will use him and we might see something unexpected. :p
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:11 am

Rafa won't have him back, I think he will be one of the GH players to leave in the summer.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:16 am

Hell No! To me, he is a left footed Smicer that just float around and lacking of determination. Go somewhere else....
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby bRy » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:30 pm

From what I've seen of Cheyrou the lad has all the touches and turns, hence the 3 caps he's received for France at a time when they were really tough to squeeze into, unlike their present dip in form.

I don't see the harm in keeping him at the club for an extended period of time, provided there's some consistency in the squad selection and he's not chopped and changed every second week on the whim of the manager.

Perserverance demostrates faith in a player which gives them belief, a good example being the faith placed in Biscan this season. Cheyrou's skills to me are too good to dismiss without a second look and a fresh start coupled with some belief.
bRy

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion