The positive thread - Only post a good thing

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:29 am

Benny The Noon wrote:I suggest you read through some of the threads - have seen a fair few people mentioning winning the league with one posters saying he will put money on it . As soon as the news about a new player was signed the expectations went through the roof .

Mate I don't need to read through the threads. I think Neil said he thinks we will win the league. I don't know if he means it or not, but even if he does so what? There's nothing wrong with a bit of blind optimism from time to time. I think we might win a cup, but based on what exactly? Based on feck all is the truth of it. We could draw Chelsea Away in the third round of the FA Cup and Man Utd Away in the Carling Cup and be out of both by Christmas, but then again we might not.

I've just got a feeling. Blind optimism, I don't think it's really a big problem. It's not an "expectation" by any means, I don't think Neil "expects" to win the league, he just hopes we do, just like I hope we win a cup.

I do "expect" us to improve on last season though in the league. If we don't, then the appointment of Roy has been a mistake IMHO.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:31 am

Um ok - i have lower expectations for the coming season and we will see what happens .
Benny The Noon

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:35 am

dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:no comment

isnt that a comment?

or just a sly way to say that unless we're not bemoaning the departure of uncle Rafa or crying about something then you want no part of it? I say this all in a positive way of course :)

Sly , f.uckin sly .Don't think so dawson. If anyones sly it's the c.unts who try and bring up the previous manager as some sort of childish arguement to bash about the head . ONCE AGAIN I ASK ,WHO THE F.UCK MENTIONED RAFA.

dude, its a positive thread, and you come in and type

no comment

how is that not a wind up? If you don't want to leave a comment, heres a novel idea, don't leave a frigging comment, much easier than typing 'no comment' which obviously means you have a comment. I'm actually starting to think you are upset that Hodgson is doing some good things and some people actually are happy now.

ps - try the decaff dude

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  Yeh good one daws lad . I'm p!ssed because Roy's doing a good job so far . You serious, have you read any of my posts regarding the man . Now ok . Everything in the garden is rosie . Roy's doing agreat job so far under difficult circumstances .

The owners have suddenly turned into rich benefactors who only have the clubs interests at hart .

Christian purslow is not a sly backstabbing tw.at who has failed in his only remit for his employement which was to find £100 million in investment .

Martin Broughton is not a chelsea season ticket holder who sold one of his assets to chelsea.

I reckon if everyone stay's and stay's fit , we might have a crack at the league . I feel alot more positive about are team than i did last week .

I can hear choirs of angels singing in exhaultation to you daws as i type this post .

HAVE YOU JOINED THE UNION YET LIKE YOU PROMISED?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:37 am

Ah the good old positive thread :D
Fauxy

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:51 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:no comment

isnt that a comment?

or just a sly way to say that unless we're not bemoaning the departure of uncle Rafa or crying about something then you want no part of it? I say this all in a positive way of course :)

Sly , f.uckin sly .Don't think so dawson. If anyones sly it's the c.unts who try and bring up the previous manager as some sort of childish arguement to bash about the head . ONCE AGAIN I ASK ,WHO THE F.UCK MENTIONED RAFA.

dude, its a positive thread, and you come in and type

no comment

how is that not a wind up? If you don't want to leave a comment, heres a novel idea, don't leave a frigging comment, much easier than typing 'no comment' which obviously means you have a comment. I'm actually starting to think you are upset that Hodgson is doing some good things and some people actually are happy now.

ps - try the decaff dude

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  Yeh good one daws lad . I'm p!ssed because Roy's doing a good job so far . You serious, have you read any of my posts regarding the man . Now ok . Everything in the garden is rosie . Roy's doing agreat job so far under difficult circumstances .

The owners have suddenly turned into rich benefactors who only have the clubs interests at hart .

Christian purslow is not a sly backstabbing tw.at who has failed in his only remit for his employement which was to find £100 million in investment .

Martin Broughton is not a chelsea season ticket holder who sold one of his assets to chelsea.

I reckon if everyone stay's and stay's fit , we might have a crack at the league . I feel alot more positive about are team than i did last week .

I can hear choirs of angels singing in exhaultation to you daws as i type this post .

HAVE YOU JOINED THE UNION YET LIKE YOU PROMISED?

payday... hopefully, been a long old drinking holiday month, but in all seriousness i am gonna join, read up on it, and you guys are another reason to be positive :)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:58 am

Igor Zidane wrote:HAVE YOU JOINED THE UNION YET LIKE YOU PROMISED?

I remember you saying once mate that if you could get someone to join then it would all your efforts worthwhile. I've joined it (although I haven't got my membership details through yet, they come within 28 days apparently). A 100% success for you and campaigning Igor, because I would never ever have joined up if you hadn't bludgoned me into it  :D .

I don't agree with all their methodology and to some extent I think they've already won the battle, but regardless of all that I wish them/us all the best.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:08 am

liverpool have banned vuvuzelas along with 5 or 6 other clubs. great news as far as enjoying the games goes, but i think the owners have missed a trick here. they could have made a fortune by flogging them to jester hatted day trippers.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:22 am

bigmick wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:HAVE YOU JOINED THE UNION YET LIKE YOU PROMISED?

I remember you saying once mate that if you could get someone to join then it would all your efforts worthwhile. I've joined it (although I haven't got my membership details through yet, they come within 28 days apparently). A 100% success for you and campaigning Igor, because I would never ever have joined up if you hadn't bludgoned me into it  :D .

I don't agree with all their methodology and to some extent I think they've already won the battle, but regardless of all that I wish them/us all the best.

Seeing as your back in London, nothing to stop you now from coming to our branch meeting,youll be suprised i think ,its not just about them two, it also concerns cheaper match travel , backing our manager whoever it is ,and a good representation of fans who belong in the union, you will actualy see that were not all militants :;): but lots of distinguished men and woman in suits and all. and we do just happen to have a bevvy or two ,which makes the night more enjoyable,theres another meeting coming up soon, get yourself there ,

Mick the battle is far from over , and it will continue who ever is in charge . wether it be an overseas rich billionare or a fans buyout , they will still be called into question if this club is not run properly
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:28 am

Nan I don't want to hijack a good thread by talking about the ownership situation (which I know feck all about anyway), but despite being "positive" I'm far from certain that even when we do get new owners much will change. I'll try and come to the meeting though by all means. I don't think they're all "militant" mate either :D I think you've got me wrong there, as you have with the reference to "men and women in suits". Sometimes I wonder what people think I am when they read posts on here, I'm just a hairy ersed bloke from Scarborough who runs a pub, not some fecker with an education or anything.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:30 am

you own a pub you say? aren't you in Canadia or something?

I'm positive that I'll drink a lot next season
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:39 am

dawson99 wrote:you own a pub you say?

"Own" Daws', don't be daft mate, I wish. This boozer takes up towards 3 mill a year mate, I could win Euromillions and still not afford to buy it.

No, I manage a pub mate for a pub company (Youngs). I did toy with the idea of taking on a little lease when I got back, but having a regular wage and somewhere to go straight away getting off the plane with the family made me mind up. Good decision so far too, it's improved a fair bit and isn't too bad at all now.

Anyway fecks sake sorry for taking the thread off on a complete tangent.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:24 pm

andy_g wrote:liverpool have banned vuvuzelas along with 5 or 6 other clubs. great news as far as enjoying the games goes, but i think the owners have missed a trick here. they could have made a fortune by flogging them to jester hatted day trippers.

They still can, just outside manchester!  :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:35 pm

So far so good. Roy has brought in Cole and kept gerrard and torres. He's also keen to get rid of the deadwood, with ngog and degan up for sale. Noone is seriously expecting us to challenge for the lead, but a bit of blind faith is never a bad thing. A top 4 finish should be the goal, and I think roy will do it.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:44 pm

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Vuvuzelas-Ban-Eight-Premier-League-Clubs-Tell-Fans-Not-To-Blow-World-Cup-Horns-During-Matc
hes/Article/201007315668067?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Page_Feature_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15668067_Vuvuzelas_Ban%3A_Eight_Premier_League_Clubs_Tell_Fans_Not_To_Blow_World_Cup_Horns_During_Matches

Of course one thing overlooked in the unilateral approach to bans because the governing bodies had their balls removed at birth is that there are AWAY SUPPORTERS who have to suffer each club's decision - Blackpool, Chelsea and Citeh having "no plans to ban them".

And all take heart, someone made sure we know Carlisle have banned them, I'm sure everyone will sleep easy at night knowing however many people fill the 16,981 seats at Brunton Park won't have to endure the noise
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:48 pm

So far so good. Roy has brought in Cole and kept gerrard and torres.

Been away for a week and have missed all the news re LFC, is your comment about Roy retaining Torres nailed on ? .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion