The positive thread - Only post a good thing

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:18 am

Scottish CB signed - Us gereatrics remember that bringing GOOD times !!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:18 am

The Good Yank wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Im positive that someone will try to be funny and fail :;):

I'm positive that the "Anonymous" feature should read as "Benny is watching"  :p

Just having fun Mate.

Im positive that I'm unsure what the anonymous feature is  ???
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:23 am

JohnBull wrote:Scottish CB signed - Us gereatrics remember that bringing GOOD times !!

I'm feeling quite positive about this signing, Jonjo too.

There something positive from me.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:27 am

Benny The Noon wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Im positive that someone will try to be funny and fail :;):

I'm positive that the "Anonymous" feature should read as "Benny is watching"  :p

Just having fun Mate.

Im positive that I'm unsure what the anonymous feature is  ???

I didn't get either mate I must be honest.

I've got another positive. I'm positive we have easily the best goalkeeper in the league. Brian Clough always used to say that the team with the best goalkeeper has a 10 point start on everyone else, or something like that anyway.

The goalkeeper was signed by the previous manager and was an inspired piece of business BTW.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:33 am

Im also positive that now the pressure is off. When less is expected more surprises can ensue
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 am

dawson99 wrote:Im also positive that now the pressure is off. When less is expected more surprises can ensue

I would say that some posters expectations have gone through the roof - you see plenty of people talking about winning the title and open top bus parades .
Benny The Noon

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:44 am

Benny The Noon wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Im also positive that now the pressure is off. When less is expected more surprises can ensue

I would say that some posters expectations have gone through the roof - you see plenty of people talking about winning the title and open top bus parades .

I'm not quite ready to shoot my load over the upcoming season, but I am pretty positive that at least we'll play better football than last season, and some of the 'happy' might return to some of the players
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:52 am

Im quite happy to have low expectations for the upcoming season because if we achieve past them then I will be over the moon but if we don't win the title this season then a few people will be extremely disappointed and will blame manager players etc when the main person to blame will be themselves for having too high expectations for the team .
Benny The Noon

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:12 am

Now this is positive .

Roy Hodgson today confirmed that full-back Philipp Degen can look for a new club.

The Swiss international has struggled to make an impact since arriving at Anfield from Borussia Dortmund in July 2008.

"We have had an amicable conversation with Philipp and he wants to play football," Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"We won't stand in his way and he is free to look for another club."

. :laugh:  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:12 am

dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:no comment

isnt that a comment?

or just a sly way to say that unless we're not bemoaning the departure of uncle Rafa or crying about something then you want no part of it? I say this all in a positive way of course :)

Sly , f.uckin sly .Don't think so dawson. If anyones sly it's the c.unts who try and bring up the previous manager as some sort of childish arguement to bash about the head . ONCE AGAIN I ASK ,WHO THE F.UCK MENTIONED RAFA.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:15 am

I'm positive that the players will enjoy playing under Roy Hodgson.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:16 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:no comment

isnt that a comment?

or just a sly way to say that unless we're not bemoaning the departure of uncle Rafa or crying about something then you want no part of it? I say this all in a positive way of course :)

Sly , f.uckin sly .Don't think so dawson. If anyones sly it's the c.unts who try and bring up the previous manager as some sort of childish arguement to bash about the head . ONCE AGAIN I ASK ,WHO THE F.UCK MENTIONED RAFA.

dude, its a positive thread, and you come in and type

no comment

how is that not a wind up? If you don't want to leave a comment, heres a novel idea, don't leave a frigging comment, much easier than typing 'no comment' which obviously means you have a comment. I'm actually starting to think you are upset that Hodgson is doing some good things and some people actually are happy now.

ps - try the decaff dude
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:22 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Im quite happy to have low expectations for the upcoming season because if we achieve past them then I will be over the moon but if we don't win the title this season then a few people will be extremely disappointed and will blame manager players etc when the main person to blame will be themselves for having too high expectations for the team .

Mate I don't think too many people expect us to win the league. Ace's "open top bus" reference was also clearly in jest. Most people from what I can see are being fairly realistic, saying we will improve on last season and challenge for a Champions League slot. I'll say this as well, if we don't improve on last season then the manager has some serious questions to answer. None of this reluctance to clearly state what the minimum standard is from me, HE MUST IMPROVE ON LAST SEASON OR HE IS A FAILURE IN THIS COMING SEASON. It's as simple as that, and you can quote me as the season goes on.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:24 am

I suggest you read through some of the threads - have seen a fair few people mentioning winning the league with one posters saying he will put money on it . As soon as the news about a new player was signed the expectations went through the roof .
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:25 am

NANNY RED wrote:Now this is positive .

Roy Hodgson today confirmed that full-back Philipp Degen can look for a new club.

The Swiss international has struggled to make an impact since arriving at Anfield from Borussia Dortmund in July 2008.

"We have had an amicable conversation with Philipp and he wants to play football," Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"We won't stand in his way and he is free to look for another club."

. :laugh:  :laugh:

:buttrock News doesn't come much more positive than that. I love the "we've had an amicable conversation" line followed by "he is free to look for another club"  :laugh: .

Mind you, this fella won't be easy to move. He's on thirty odd grand a week by all accounts (38K was it) and I just can't see anybody else paying him anywhere near that. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think we'll end up with another Saif Diao on our hands here.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion