Anichebe 3 goals               

Recent Encounters between teams
Everton 3 - 0 Liverpool - (Cahill, Johnson 2) - 09/09/06
Liverpool 3 - 1 Everton - (NevilleOG, Luis Garcia, Kewell)(Cahill) - 25/03/06
Everton 1 - 3 Liverpool - (Beattie)(Crouch,Gerrard,Cisse) - 28/12/05
Liverpool 2 - 1 Everton - (Luis Garcia,Gerrard)(Cahill) - 20/03/05
Everton 1 - 0 Liverpool - (Carlsey) - 11/12/04

Interesting Facts

* There has been 442,223 Everton fans inside Goodison altogether this year so far compared to 522,272 inside Anfield.
*Prince Rupert's Tower, or The Roundhouse, that is identified so strongly with Everton is an old Bridewell or lock-up that is still located on Everton Brow, in Netherfield Road, Everton. 
*Nil Satis Nisi Optimum Latin, which is variously translated as "Nothing but the best is good enough"

Club Honours

League Champions
1891, 1915, 1928, 1932, 1939, 1963, 1970, 1985, 1987

League Runners-up
1890, 1895, 1902, 1905, 1909, 1912, 1986

(Old) Division Two Champions

(Old) Division Two Runners-up

FA Cup Winners
1906, 1933, 1966, 1984, 1995

FA Cup Finalists
1893, 1897, 1907, 1968, 1985, 1986, 1989

League Cup Finalists
1977, 1984

European Cup Winners Cup Winners

FA Charity Shield Winners
1928, 1933, 1963, 1970, 1984, 1985, 1986 (shared), 1987, 1995

And now thanks to the guys atwww.toffeetalk.com:

-------------------------------------------------------

Everton are currently sitting pretty in the Premiership in 7th place. How do you see the rest of your season going?

Brummieblue:Unless we manage to bring some players in right at the death of the window then can see us falling away into midtable mediocrity, hope that I am proven wrong and the players that come in do a good job for us, without AJ gonna be very tough if we try and play 4-5-1 as Biffa's heart seems to have left the club already, as i hope he does in the summer. Hope that they bring in Fernandes and havent shown the hand too early not sure why we do that surely best to wait till everything is wrapped up before annoouncing it?! enough ranting in answer to the question 10th.

Romey 1878:I see may be a sneeky European place if we're lucky, but I'll be happy to finish in the top half.

CraccerC:sitting pretty? we've been denied that many penalties and lsot that many points i'd hardly say we were sittin pretty, i feel robbed that we're only 7th

Everton Lad:no better than it already is

Who been your most important player(s) this season? Why the sudden turn around from last season - when you were struggling?

Brummieblue:Being from the Midlands and with lots of Wolves mates I went to the odd game of theirs last season and when i heard we had signed lescott in the summer i was over the moon and was sure he could make the step up and fortunately he has not disappointed, IMO he is unfortunate there are so many good English CB's at the moment but he must be banging on the door with Ledley and JT struggling with fitness and Rio IMO not the player he was

Romey 1878:Lescott and Chaill have been our most important players. Lescott has been an immense signing and I wouldnt swap him for any defender in the world at the moment. Cahill adds so much passion and desire to our team and goals too. I think the fact that we are scoring more goals has helped us a great deal, last season we were getting beat by the odd goal, but now we know we can score more than once.

CraccerC:we're up and down. wouldn't say we struggled, mid-table where we were expected to be, if your refering to the 1st half of the season then that will have been due to low morale from the champions league issue.

Everton Lad:Lescott, we had marcus bent playing for us last season and we where just out of europe, confidence low this season where just simply alright.

Liverpool are currently moving ahead with their stadium plans as are Everton. What are your views on the proposed move to Kirkby?

Brummieblue:Do it Goodison is iconic but she needs replacing now

Romey 1878:I think the move to Kirkby can only benefit the club

CraccerC:don't think it will happen, but would like it too, although it shouldn't be considered a priority because of costs

Everton Lad:bring it on is what i say

Another season gone and no sign of silverwear for the Goodison faithful? Why do Everton seem to struggle in the cups and how important would it be to the fans to have a good cup run?

Brummieblue:Not really sure we are geared for the one off occasions more of a side geared to grind out results and i think that is more suited to league football than in the cup

Romey 1878:We struggle because we are no good at the sudden death game, Moyes likes to play it conservative but it just doesnt work in one off games.

CraccerC:don't really know, we've not done so well last few years, no idea why, guess it's just one of them things. plus, i don't think we've got a good enough side to make a good run, we don't have the creativity and goals to dominate so called 'lesser' teams as teams around and above us in the league possess

Everton Lad:fuckin hell what a question, er... we just seem to be shit in cups mates, a good cup run is what is missed at everton we need one desperate but most of all we need a cup, dont give a shit which one just a cup we can celebrate

The 3 - 0 loss at Goodison was a bitter pill for many Liverpool fans to swallow. What are your memories of that day?

Brummieblue:Unbelievable the great thing was we were outplayed for large periods and still beat the shite 3-0!

Romey 1878:My memories of that day is Andy Johnson scoring his second goal after a Reina blooper and doing the whole 3-0 thing. Also the fact that we were nowhere near the better team that day.

CraccerC:ecstatic, was a great win for us, it's been a while since we have seen a good derby display like that. we've been quite unfortuante in previous meetings, i was happy to see us get a bit of luck for a change

Everton Lad:the later on part with all the kopites in my house and getting drunk haha

Liverpool are on the verge on £450m takeover with the DIC Investment Group? What are your views on the take over? Will it make Liverpool stronger? Would you like Everton to be subject of a takeover?

Brummieblue:Good news for u lot but Rafa has up down record in the market money doesnt guarantee success straight away took chelsea a few seasons under Roman. We aint got a chance in hell while BK is there.

Romey 1878:I think it will be good for Liverpool but it wont bring you the title IMO. Some of Benitez's signings have been a bit strange IMO, he doesnt know how to coach a team to be consistent in the Premiership. I would love Everton to be subject of a takeover, but it's not going to happen unless Kenwright dies.

CraccerC:id like us to get taken over yes if it right for the club (not what kenwright thinks is right for the club). and as far as your takeover goes, depends who it is, if its the american could be good and you will get stronger. if i was a liverpudlian i'd be glad that the previously interested are rumoured to be out of the picture because they saw your club as a business and would likely have left you with allsorts of debt

Everton Lad:hahahahaha us taken over? not over bill kenwrites dead body, yer liverpool will become the new chelsea of the league while we try and sculptutre enough money toghether to make a few ok signings from lower leagues, id be lieing if i said i wernt jealous of liverpool fans from the take over point of view

Your view on the Liverpool squad this year?

Brummieblue:On paper seem to have a good strength in depth but still a long way from being able to mount a title challenge..

Romey 1878:Decent, but nowhere near good enough to challenge for the title

CraccerC:i have always thought it was overrated, which is usually been true...danny murphy is an example he was considered to be a good player when he played for you  ... but i think its decent now. gerrard is the best all round player in the world, sissoko is solid, alonso is decent, carragher is quality and should be in the england team and agger looks good, pennant good prospect too. the only problem with your squad is if you lose bellamy, the partnership with him and kuyt could grow very nicely for you and i think you could do with another pacey option

Everton Lad:should be playing better than that, have a great squad but just dont seem to play to their full strengh every game

Do you think the rivalry between Liverpool and Everton is too fierce now? Matchdays are quite dangerous now in the city centre.

Romey 1878:No, I think too much is made of minor incidents

CraccerC:nah, i don't think it's that bad tbh. i enjoy the rivalry with mates and others. ok theres a few tits that take it too far but in general i think its a healthy city rivalry and i'm proud of it.

Everton Lad:nah think thats all just paper talk mate, ive never heard of any trouble between fans. its a friendly rivalry but we still hate each other lol

Your best and worse derby memory?

Brummieblue:Got to be the Carsley derby for me capped a great season. 3-1 last season with Pips OG

Romey 1878:My best Derby memory has to be Lee Carsley's winner at Goodison a couple of years ago, I was sitting with a load of Kopites it was heaven. My worst Derby memory has to be Gary McCallister's winning free kick in the dying minutes a while back, what a sickener that was.

CraccerC:i'm not sure about worst, maybe when we lost 3-1 i think it was when you played msot of the game with 10 men, best 3-0 this season. i know they're recent but they're the clearest memories.

Everton Lad:for me best was last one and last seasons derbies for the worst

And finally how do you see this derby going? Will Liverpool be out for revenge? Will Everton shock Anfield?

Brummieblue:Might seem insane but i have a feeling we will roll you 2-0 will score early through Arteta and then Lescott will get his goal, ill just register myself for the asylum but thats my feeling!!

Romey 1878:Liverpool will win it comfortably, I have no doubt about that

CraccerC:i'm not looking forward to it one bit haha. without our major goal threat and a few key players only just regaining fitness i'm not confident at all. i think we'll get dominated and you lot will get revenge. jsut hope its not as much as 3, which i don't think it will be with our solid defensive partnership. i'd say 2-0 something liek that

Everton Lad:3-1 liverpool, gerrard, kuyt and carra for the shite and cahill for us (he has a nag for scoring against liverpool)

---------------------------------------

Rafa-Dodd

- Good bunch of lads on the whole , got loads of responses but some just one liners. So had to nit pick through them. Welcomed me very well considering BK just boot you off. Not a bad site at all.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:18 pm

another quality thread man keep up the good work! where do u get the interviews from btw?
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:19 pm

Just before I put the questions mate, I always put where I got the answers in this case:

And now thanks to the guys at www.toffeetalk.com
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:19 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Romey 1878:Liverpool will win it comfortably, I have no doubt about that

blimey. an evertonian in touch with reality :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:21 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:alonso is decent

WTF!  ??? lol
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:26 pm

Whats the thing with Kenwright, why is he so unpopular with the bluesh!te?
account deleted by request

Postby red37 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:28 pm

nice to see a well thought out intro for an upcoming match. Good work, as usual RD.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby redmikey » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:47 pm

i don't care if they are in touch with reality , i just don't want them to be in touch at half time :p
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:54 pm

stmichael wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Romey 1878:Liverpool will win it comfortably, I have no doubt about that

blimey. an evertonian in touch with reality :laugh:

There's a lot of them staying VERY quiet this week.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:14 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:alonso is decent

WTF!  ??? lol

According to most Bitters,Arteta's better than Xabi! :laugh:  :laugh:
Gracias King Rafa

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:56 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:*Nil Satis Nisi Optimum Latin, which is variously translated as "Nothing but the best is good enough"

I always thought it meant "No satisfaction, no fucking hope". :D
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:43 am

sitting pretty? we've been denied that many penalties and lsot that many points i'd hardly say we were sittin pretty, i feel robbed that we're only 7th

So this is the key thinking of being bitter, right? :D

Excellent work Rafa :)
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:34 pm

the spyin kop on RAWK asked them what their favourite supermarket was  :laugh:  :laugh:

good work rafa-dodd
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby PabloAimar » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:19 am

stmichael wrote:the spyin kop on RAWK asked them what their favourite supermarket was  :laugh:  :laugh:

LMAO
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby PabloAimar » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:19 am

ps. good work RD
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion