The new stadium? - Will it ever happen?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tommycockles » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:33 am

There is an article on Sky Sports today from Arsene Wenger saying that Aresenal would cease to compete if it wasn't for their new stadium which they move into next season. The extra revenue will allow them to stay competing with Manure and Chelsea whilst the smaller clubs will once again struggle to compete financially.
With this in mind- what's happening to the our new stadium? Planning permission has been granted but due to spiralling costs (i believe) it's still stalling and we're being pushed towards a ground share with Everton who seem well up for it. (as it's their only chance of moving out of their shed)
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Espionage » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:55 am

its quite important for the club, as Wenger pointed out financially and a great investment for the future.

Also i dont really understand, for us to share with Everton doesnt that mean that they would have to put in as much money as we would, i doubt that they have that much money to add.

btw... when you get a new stadium, what happens to the old one, who uses it etc.....
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:07 pm

I was chatting to a mate on Saturday wjile watching the game. His cousin is a/the architect for stanly park and so far the plans have been changed 7 times. The club can't decide on the look. His cousin is well pi**ed off because he dosen't get payed till it's completed!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:33 pm

Espionage wrote:btw... when you get a new stadium, what happens to the old one, who uses it etc.....

they knock the old one down- because they're using parkland to build the new one they need to recouperate some land and turn it back to parkland. The whole complex is meant to hold shopping precincts, bars, entertainment complex etc- but also rejuvinate the whole area.

As you mention, Everton can't afford to invest as much as us so maybe we can let them watch the games from the car park!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby ckay » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:33 pm

Eveton can't even afford to have there xmas do in one of the resturants!!!  :laugh:
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion