How did this happen???

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:40 pm

So Victor Valdes has been training with ManUre and was in the Director's box for the Chelsea match today?
Looks like they'll be signing him then?
Not so long ago all the talk was of him signing for LFC since we are currently without a goalkeeper (Mingers doesn't count). It was apparently a done deal, dependent on a medical, or so I thought.
Can anyone enlighten me as to how Rodgers has managed to miss out on him?
This is really doing my head in.
He got rid of Reina in favour of Mignolet and now manages to miss out on Valdes! ON A FREE!!!!!!
He passed up on Loic Remy; good enough for Chelsea, but not us, apparently (F.F.S), and Wilfreid Bony, both of whom are doing better than that muppet Balotelli, and he clearly bought the wrong half of the  Southampton team. How long can this torment go on?
Sorry about the rant, but I had to get it out before I blow a gasket, and my missus politely suggested that I "tell someone who gives a shlt"..... Waste of a ring, I reckon.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:24 am

Nothing has happened, give them all time, give the manager more money and give them more time, when we are still mediocre give them more time and money, don't understand why you could possibly be upset, everything is fine and dandy……
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:11 am

Real beat Barcelona 3-1. Barcelona must be Sh*t team managed by a Sh*t manager then...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:55 am

We heard the same in 2003 and 2009 under Houllier and Benetez respectively. We have lost on a lot of world class talent (Ronaldo, Amelia for example) and bought a lot of s.*i*e and the world class players all left Gerrard being the exception. Is this coincidence or did the players who went seen a lack of ambition? I really don't know but we are going down that road again. How long before Sterling gets off. It's 25 years since winning the title and the way things are going it will be another 25years at least
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:01 am

maguskwt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:11 am wrote:Real beat Barcelona 3-1. Barcelona must be Sh*t team managed by a Sh*t manager then...

Are you really comparing us to Barcelona? Don't be a joker. You lack the sufficient intelligence to do so.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:37 am

maguskwt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:11 am wrote:Real beat Barcelona 3-1. Barcelona must be Sh*t team managed by a Sh*t manager then...

If you are comparing them to Liverpool because of the scoreline well..... that's just delusional. I was amazed that they only got 3 against us.
By that rationale, we are sorted on the goal difference front because Southampton beat Sunderland 8-0 and we beat Southampton 2-1, so obviously we are going to score 16 against Sunnerlan'. Bring it on.....
While the eternal optimism of some folks on here is heartening, it is also a little bit worrying.
You're not gonna win the lottery without buying a ticket.
Do we write-off this season to allow the new players time to settle in?
They are all obscenely well-paid professionals, they need to hit the ground running. Nine games is long enough for them to figure out what is expected of them.
Southampton's new players seem to have settled in just fine, is it fair to expect ours to suddenly realise what they've been employed to do and then everything will be alright?
I spose, from a personal point of view, last season's performance has been detrimental because now that has raised my expectations to a level which we can't get close to and that is the reason for my frustration.
I just fear for where we are going to end up, if they don't get their @rses into gear.
If Man U get their defence sorted in Jan or next summer, then we are going to have to listen to them cnuts again soon.
I dunno. It gets me down.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:43 am

It happened because Valdes and LVG go back a long way, in fact Valdes who is nearing his mid 30's was given his professional debut by LVG when LVG took over from Bobby Robson at Barcelona. That's how far back they go.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:01 am wrote:
maguskwt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:11 am wrote:Real beat Barcelona 3-1. Barcelona must be Sh*t team managed by a Sh*t manager then...

Are you really comparing us to Barcelona? Don't be a joker. You lack the sufficient intelligence to do so.

More like you lacking intelligence to understand sarcasm. This is how the way you lot are going about dumbass...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:14 pm

its a strange one this, i had thought he was almost a certain to end up here giving mignolet a run for his jersey.
it could be one of 2 things.
(1) we did offer him a trial and he wasnt interested.
(2) brendan backed out as it would certainly undermine mignolet.
we will probably move for another keeper in jan or the summer but i doubt it will be someone who will oust mingy straight away.

not surprised he is training with manure due to the lvg connection but i doubt he will sign for them. they already have de gea who is imo establishing himself as a fine keeper with many years ahead of him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:20 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:14 pm wrote:its a strange one this, i had thought he was almost a certain to end up here giving mignolet a run for his jersey.
we will probably move for another keeper in jan or the summer but i doubt it will be someone who will oust mingy straight away.

not surprised he is training with manure due to the lvg connection but i doubt he will sign for them. they already have de gea who is imo establishing himself as a fine keeper with many years ahead of him.

Or a third more obvious option.

His ACL injury scared the Sh*t out of the club. Reports (Liverpool Echo) says the club requested a medical prior to committing to a contract (shock horror) and the player refused.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:29 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:20 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:14 pm wrote:its a strange one this, i had thought he was almost a certain to end up here giving mignolet a run for his jersey.

Or a third more obvious option.

His ACL injury scared the Sh*t out of the club. Reports (Liverpool Echo) says the club requested a medical prior to committing to a contract (shock horror) and the player refused.

or that  :laugh:
but why were we even interested then if we were so scared.
he would have to undergo a medical anyway as that's unavoidable and surely valdes understands that he will have to undergo one wherever he ends up.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:43 am wrote:It happened because Valdes and LVG go back a long way, in fact Valdes who is nearing his mid 30's was given his professional debut by LVG when LVG took over from Bobby Robson at Barcelona. That's how far back they go.

Is the right answer!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Who cares about Valdes anyway, always been an awful keeper in my view, but got overhyped because he played for Barca. I'm actually glad we missed on this one and hope we'll go for someone better in January.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:53 pm

damjan193 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:15 pm wrote:Who cares about Valdes anyway, always been an awful keeper in my view, but got overhyped because he played for Barca. I'm actually glad we missed on this one and hope we'll go for someone better in January.

Based on his age and injury I agree.

I can't help but feel BR is a tad stubborn though and the more we tell him he needs to strengthen the GK position, the less likely he is to do it.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Soupyzrx » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:24 pm

damjan193 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:15 pm wrote:Who cares about Valdes anyway, always been an awful keeper in my view, but got overhyped because he played for Barca. I'm actually glad we missed on this one and hope we'll go for someone better in January.

Yeah, well I hope you're right. I suppose the age and injury issues are against him, as RedAnt said, but I still reckon he would've been an improvement. Actually, I think a one-legged pig on a pogo stick would be an improvement at the minute.
As for getting someone better in January.... again, I hope you're right.  I hope that somehow Brendan will be able to convince a keeper of higher quality than Valdes to come to play for us..... on a free transfer.....
That's a steak and kidney at 35,000 feet.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion