New stadium plans begin - It will happen

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:49 pm

Just found this article which confirms that liverpool's new stadium WILL happen.

Well, at least in the sense that the architects have now set up their office for the project in liverpool, and are recruiting staff.

This is the first indication, and there can now be no doubt, that this IS going to happen, and very soon...

http://www.stadia.tv/archive/user/news_article.tpl?id=20050110130839

AFL Architects, the design team behind Liverpool FC's proposed new 60,000-seat stadium, has opened an office in the city and begun a search for some 20 staff.   
   A view of Liverpool's stadium plan. Photo: AFL

The English Premiership club’s GBP115m stadium scheme at Stanley Park received planning permission last summer.

According to reports, AFL’s new base will house 15 employees but room for expansion has been built into the lease. The Manchester-based firm said it expects the Liverpool operation to be a significant player in the city's market within six months.

Director Garry Rowlands told the Liverpool Daily Post: “AFL has a long relationship with Liverpool and we have done a lot of our most prestigious work here.

“With several significant projects in progress, both at design stage and under construction, opening up a fully staffed office here is the next logical step in the development of the practice."

Associate director Steve Unwin has been recruited from leading retail architect CDA to lead the Merseyside team. He said: "The combined Manchester and Liverpool offices will make AFL one of the foremost architectural practices in the North West."

Good news, I'm sure you'll agree! :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:53 pm

i dunno if that really means much stmick. i think they're trying to fuel rumour by mentioning that they are the firm involved with designing the stadium - which happened ages ago.

liverpool's undergoing some major development work now leading up to 2008, it only makes sense that one of the major architectural firms involved in the whole shebang would be setting up their offices now and getting staff in.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:01 pm

stmichael wrote:The Manchester-based firm ......

Did they have to use a firm from there!
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:37 pm

stmichael wrote:Just found this article which confirms that liverpool's new stadium WILL happen.

Well, at least in the sense that the architects have now set up their office for the project in liverpool, and are recruiting staff.

This is the first indication, and there can now be no doubt, that this IS going to happen, and very soon...

http://www.stadia.tv/archive/user/news_article.tpl?id=20050110130839

AFL Architects, the design team behind Liverpool FC's proposed new 60,000-seat stadium, has opened an office in the city and begun a search for some 20 staff.   
   A view of Liverpool's stadium plan. Photo: AFL

The English Premiership club’s GBP115m stadium scheme at Stanley Park received planning permission last summer.

According to reports, AFL’s new base will house 15 employees but room for expansion has been built into the lease. The Manchester-based firm said it expects the Liverpool operation to be a significant player in the city's market within six months.

Director Garry Rowlands told the Liverpool Daily Post: “AFL has a long relationship with Liverpool and we have done a lot of our most prestigious work here.

“With several significant projects in progress, both at design stage and under construction, opening up a fully staffed office here is the next logical step in the development of the practice."

Associate director Steve Unwin has been recruited from leading retail architect CDA to lead the Merseyside team. He said: "The combined Manchester and Liverpool offices will make AFL one of the foremost architectural practices in the North West."

Good news, I'm sure you'll agree! :cool:

Where did you find that info then St Michael ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:04 pm

do anyone kno any good names we could call our new stadium?? or does anyone kno what lfc r gunna call it??
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:06 pm

i would call it after the hillsboro incident anyone agree??
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:55 pm

am i the only one thats noticed the bit about them being the stadium architects and the bit about the reason why they're building the office aren't connected?

key sentence:

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:49 am

Tobin .............dont even go there son
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby spion_kop2 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:31 am

i thought they had decided to call the new stadium, anfield.
I would be a proffesional footballer if i wasn't limited by my lack of talent.
spion_kop2

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:51 am

Merseyside groundshare hopes die 

Liverpool have consistently ruled out sharing with Everton
Merseyside rivals Everton and Liverpool will not be sharing a new stadium, it has been confirmed.
Talks had taken place, involving sports minister Richard Caborn, with a view to Everton sharing Liverpool's planned new Stanley Park ground.

But the plan was never popular with either set of fans, and unlike Everton, Liverpool were always against it.

A Liverpool council spokesman said: "It's disappointing that both sides have been unable to reach agreement."

The spokesman added: "However, the existing plan for a new Anfield is part of a major regeneration of the Anfield and Breckfield area.

"We fully intend to deliver that because of the economic benefits it will bring to an area which badly needs them.

"Of course, we will also do everything we can to help Everton find a 21st century stadium for the club and its fans."

Local MP Peter Kilfoyle told the city's Daily Post that financing arrangements had been part of the problem.

But he added: "I don't think either of the two clubs at board level were ultimately supportive of it either.

"One or two individuals on either side were in favour but it was not enough because most were hostile."

In 2003, Everton shelved plans to move from Goodison Park to a new ground at Liverpool's King's Dock after the projected cost soared to nearly £200m.

The cost of Liverpool's planned move to a new 60,000-seater stadium at Stanley Park has also risen from an estimated £80m to £110m.

Everton chief executive Keith Wyness told Everton's website on Tuesday: "We have said all along that we had three options - a shared stadium, the redevelopment of Goodison Park and a stand-alone stadium of our own."
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:13 pm

OH it's gonna be a beauty day - Im so happy.

Now we've got shut of the Blue nosed gypo's trying to jump on our band wagon and muscle in for a slice of our new stadium.... lets get on with building it!

happiness ! oh happiness.............
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:17 pm

too true. ground sharing was never a good idea for a thousand reasons. but i still think its gonna be some time before we see anything moving as regards building the thing.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:21 pm

I can think of 45,000 reasons not to groundshare, the best way forward is not to share it.

nice one.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:54 pm

jymbojetset wrote:
stmichael wrote:The Manchester-based firm ......

Did they have to use a firm from there!

i hope that was a joke ???
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion