The milan baros circus - where's it heading now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red_indian » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:31 pm

i think we as a club still need to understand the enigma that is Baros somewhat better. the guy top scored at a major international tournament - he cannot be that bad. signed as a 19 year old for £3.6m - at least we are in a good position to make a profit on him, whereas Heskey contributed less (goals/min on the pitch) and was sold at a loss too.
Rafa needs to work out whether Baros has a place in his team and his tactical approach, sometimes no matter how good or bad a player is he cannot change to fit a particular system, simple as that - in which case its in everyones interest just to move on.
i still think he offers something very different to our other strikers and perhaps can be most effectively deployed in away matches (league and champ league), but needs to be in a 4-4-2 and he is clearly not a 4-5-1 player - he does stretch the play, make intelligent runs more that our other 3 strikers. just remember how Juve were terrified of him at Anfield last year - this guy can do a job for us. due to injuries, non-availability etc he was overused last year in formations/situations that did not allow us to play to his strengths - how many did owen score for us when asked to play upfront on his own, or slightly deeper or to work the channels - not too many i believe.
i say give him a chance in a formation suited to him and if thats not how rafa wants us to play then shake hands and let both sides go their separate ways, recognizing he is a perfectly good player but just not a fit at LFC as it is today.
red_indian

Postby 65-1114725958 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:02 pm

A.B. wrote:
Lets just see how many crouch witha face like a busted couch, score this season then shall we, and then well have this converstation again!

You don't have a strong arguement on why Crouch and Morientes are poor players, you claim it's because they don't have pace. A striker doesn't need pace to score goals, pace is a plus for a striker.

You obviously didnt watch much of saturdays game then.

You obiviously didn't watch much of last season games.

Says who?

You should argue that players with pace are better, becaue defenders can be very quick too.

Maybe you should write LFC a letter and tell them that you should be running the team!

halfwit
65-1114725958

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:17 pm

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Lets just see how many crouch witha face like a busted couch, score this season then shall we, and then well have this converstation again!

You don't have a strong arguement on why Crouch and Morientes are poor players, you claim it's because they don't have pace. A striker doesn't need pace to score goals, pace is a plus for a striker.

Says who?

You should argue that players with pace are better, becaue defenders can be very quick too.

Maybe you should write LFC a letter and tell them that you should be running the team!

halfwit

pace is not the be all and end all in strikers or defenders.
stuart barlow who played for everton was lightening quick but an awful finisher whilst players like dion dublin and alan shearer (though he was quick in his younger days) have shown you can still score even if you cant run like the wind.
same as defenders, phil babb was quick but rubbish but steve bruce was cumbersome but an excellent defender.
des walker was like an olympic sprinter and whilst he was a decent defender he wasnt as accomplished as terry butcher who was slower but rock solid.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:41 pm

pace is not the be all and end all in strikers or defenders.
stuart barlow who played for everton was lightening quick but an awful finisher whilst players like dion dublin and alan shearer (though he was quick in his younger days) have shown you can still score even if you cant run like the wind.
same as defenders, phil babb was quick but rubbish but steve bruce was cumbersome but an excellent defender.
des walker was like an olympic sprinter and whilst he was a decent defender he wasnt as accomplished as terry butcher who was slower but rock solid.

You saved me the time of posting that, I greatly appriciate it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:02 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:
A.B. wrote:

Says who?

halfwit

Oi ! tw'at face ,do some fu'kin' research you kn'ob . I'm assuming of course that you have the required brain capacity to access Google . :p

In team sports 83 % of the OFFENSIVE players are faster OVER 10O metres than the DEFENSIVE players .

You're full of it ,why don't you do us all a favour and just FU'CK OFF?

:veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:10 am

Thank you, and your post has just been reported!

****!
65-1114725958

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:18 am

Hurrah ! Like i give a sh'it ,
Why would I worry about being excluded from a forum that incoporates a streak of sh'it like you ?

Last year Stu the Red  offered you out with a time and place , you didn't show up
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Pi'ss off

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:33 am

did he?

I think he bottled it didnt he?

Dont recall that one.

he's glad i didnt turn up........
65-1114725958

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:49 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:he's glad i didnt turn up........

How would you know ?

After giving it large in this forum Stu gave u a time and place in stanley park ,u then disappeared for a couple of months   :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:57 am

Hustler you were hinding under a rock for months, were you scared that Leon might batter you over the internet? :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:12 am

Listen, tell you what.

these forums are so funny
65-1114725958

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:13 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:he's glad i didnt turn up........

How would you know ?

After giving it large in this forum Stu gave u a time and place in stanley park ,u then disappeared for a couple of months   :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

disapeared cause i prob got banned you nugget.!

listen sut the red is a homo and prob looks like one.
65-1114725958

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:14 am

I'll be sure to fly thousands of miles in 24 hours just so I can waste my time on you..
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:14 am

disapeared cause i prob got banned you nugget.!

That didn't stop you from making another username
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:19 am

so you aint even form this country?

I thought you were in UK!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

what a pus*y.

so your brave cause your 1000's of miles away!

what a laugh, this forum gets better!

I bet you've never been to match in your life. you idiot!

HEE HEE HEE HEE
65-1114725958

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion