Some painful home truths after arsenal - Istanbul was 2 years ago...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:01 pm

jedwards wrote::angry:

I think we will end up empty handed by next month, out of all cup competitions. The Manager made serious mistakes yesterday, no Fowler the best finisher in the squad, Dudek should never be in the side, he looked out of sort, slow to react, all three goal are saveable!!, the wrong chage in the second half, Rafa should put in another striker and have a real go for it after 0-2 down. I really do wonder if Rafa is the right manger to take LFC further to better things!!

After the take over, the new owner should really weight out of the option as to whether Rafa the right manager for this top club of under acheiving since the early 90's. buying some many dead weight players, Rafa is quite negative as the previous manager.

Just look at Man.united today, the two slowest players, but best finishers has scored the goals to put their club in next round, that is why Fowler should have a decent run in the team, and I am sure the goals would come, I am not the only one saying this, there are so many footballing experts saying the same thing, that is why I doubt the Rafa's judgement!!!!.

It's all about opinions mate - well said for you.

Must say though, re DIC taking over. I would love to see what Rafa does with some serious dosh in the Summer.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:03 pm

It was a mistake playing Dudek but blaming Dudek I think misses the point.

1st goal - we didn't close down enough. Not one tackle went in.

2nd - same as the first. Whenever a ball creeps just inside the post it's very harsh to blame the goalie.

3rd - Carra made a terrible mistake.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool4Life » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:57 pm

Quite honestly it's time to sell Crouch. All he does is chip in with the odd goal. not good enough. Kuyt is class and Bellamy has skill. Crouch is too predictable and cant head a bloody ball! So NCU please take him!
December 26 2004
All South African people taken by the tsunami
R.I.P
Liverpool4Life

Postby heimdall » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:05 pm

As I said in my post it's not all doom and gloom, I don't actually think we are that many players away from having a top team, but we are NOT a top team at the moment despite Rafa having speant a fair amount of dosh. What is the conlcusion from this, well in my opinion it is that Rafa isn't good enough. Look I know we won the Champions League and Fa Cup with him but I genuinely think that was more down to Stevie G and the other boys rather than some tactical genius from Rafa. If we don't get a top three finish this season or heaven forbid don't even qualify for Champions league then we need to show Rafa the door, and btw this isn't a knee-jerk reaction I haven't liked Rafa for a long time now!!
If you disagree with me then don't just insult me but tell me what is so great about Rafa.
heimdall

Postby Liverpool4Life » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:07 pm

Rafa isnt that bad. But he's not that good either. So maybe its time for him to go. I dont know.
December 26 2004
All South African people taken by the tsunami
R.I.P
Liverpool4Life

Postby Effes » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:14 pm

Where are all the closet Rafa haters coming from?
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:16 pm

Liverpool4Life wrote:Rafa isnt that bad. But he's not that good either. So maybe its time for him to go. I dont know.

Oasis, come again?  :laugh:

Not that good? Perhaps he should leave?

Are we talking about the same Rafael Benitez?

Is this the Rafael Benitez that won 2 La Liga titles and a UEFA Cup in three years?

Is this the Rafael Benitez who took charge of an average squad with no moral apart from Gerrard and led and won the UEFA Champions League after 15 years without it?

Is this the Rafael Benitez that the following year won the FA Cup and became the 1st manager in the club's history to win the European Cup and the FA Cup in the first two seasons at the club?

Is this the Rafael Benitez that assembled a total of 83 points, a record high since the name branding of the English Division I?

If Rafael Benitez is not good enough for this club then who is? Alan Curbishley? Stuart Pearce? Martin O'Neil perhaps?

I give up.
:no
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Simari » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:35 pm

Is there some history behind Lawro as to why he was so biased to the ref / arsenal?

The one comment that very much got to me yesterday, was when he said something to the effect of ' and also you can tell that it was dive because none of the liverpool players protested'.

FFS, Rafa has instructed players not to surround referees and let them get on with their job. Our players act with dignity by not doing that - and Lawro uses that AGAINST us?
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:38 pm

With all due respect to one of the greats to the club, he is a tit in the media.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Effes » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:39 pm

Lawrenson is a cunt - even worse after yesterday.
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:40 pm

Effes wrote:Lawrenson is a cunt - even worse after yesterday.

Aye.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:10 pm

Spartakus wrote:3-1!!! How sweet was that? Almost as sweet as May 1989. Every time we come to Anfield and shut the Kop up is simply brilliant. Can't wait to humiliate Poo again on tuesday!   :D :D :D :D :D

Ta, mate, thanks for popping by.  You've had a look at the European Cup in the Anfield trophy case now so you can feck off back to the Library Mark II and dream about what might have been in Paris last season.  Gimp!  :p
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 83-1165214211 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:33 pm

Spartakus wrote:3-1!!! How sweet was that? Almost as sweet as May 1989. Every time we come to Anfield and shut the Kop up is simply brilliant. Can't wait to humiliate Poo again on tuesday!   :D :D :D :D :D

Real Arsenal fans don't act like that.

as for shutting the kop up, you could have won 25-0 yesterday and we'd still have made the same amount of noise. That my friend, is something Arsenal will never have.
83-1165214211

Postby Scottbot » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:35 pm

Only the Kop didn't shut up all game regardless of the score. Your lads were given a lesson off the pitch if not on it. They didn't call your house the library for nothing pal.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:19 am

Shut the Kop did you? I'm pretty sure the Kop faithful were singing YNWA at FT, louder than any Arsenal chant you lot had conjured up.

:laugh:

You liked those five European cups you haven't won in our trophy cabinet? That's as close as you're going to get to it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion