Some painful home truths after arsenal - Istanbul was 2 years ago...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:14 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:There are too many "bitches" on this forum who if you dont think their way, or if you dare to criticise any team players (or god forbid our manager!) will verbally castrate you!.The fact is we are not good enough to compete with the "big boys " at this time, we lack to many quality players who can preform week in and out. Rafa,s tactics, and team selections baffle me sometimes?...why bring on aurelleo?...why have bellamy running up and down the touch line all game? why play agger in place of sami?...and why if as a manager you are serious about retaining your cup play a second rate goalkeeper (who should have been shipped out last season) instead of the first choice goalkeeper?. I thought rafa had learned from these mistakes after the burnley debacle?...but obviously not.We need big investment and some decent scouts who can spot quality players otherwise we are going to contiue to buy sub-quality ones the likes of lucas neil to name but one! Arsenal deserved their victory last night, they ooze quality right through their ranks, (and on the bench) until we wake up and stop deluding ourselves that everything in "the garden" will turn out fine we will continue to hang on to these teams shirt tails, with very little hope of reaching those heights of class. :no

Why bring on Aurelio?   If you cant see the reason why he brought him on mate you really need to start talking about something else.  Maybe the bingo or Corry lad,  cause it was there for all to see, RIise was playing amazingly shiiiiiiter than he normally does. 

Couldnt you see that?
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby IRISHFAN » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:25 pm

Theory:

Rafa wasn't at all interested in the FA Cup. How did I come to this conclusion? Dudek in the nets, the fact that he didnt even put Fowler in the squad which means we had only one striker, who was injured, on the bench. The one substiution he made was a left back for a left back. Now, I realise that Aurelio did make more of an impact when he came on, but surely if you really really wanted to win that game, you'd stick on a winger or another striker.
The players really seemed up for it but Rafa didn't.

I think Crouch has to go, or at least be a squad player. For a man of his size, his aeriel prowess is brutal. Before I go any furhter, I'd like to say I like Crouch. He holds the ball up well and has good footwork for a man his size.
However, the football we play when he's playing isnt great. Because he's so tall, we tend to hoof the ball up to him more often than not.  He doesnt have the pace and isn't a natural goalscorer. Kuyt and Bellamy are the way to go, I think, with Crouch coming off the bench as another option late in the game.
IRISHFAN

Postby jkop » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:30 pm

Well everyone else has covered the points about the match, So i watched the match in the house on BBC1 and Mark Lawrenson was one of the commentators and imo he was kack, not a good word to say about the boys fair enough dont be bias, but i think he was :censored:.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:33 pm

dawson99 wrote:A lot of people here are havign a laugh though. Cant we have a january transfer and clear out a lot of the lfc forum deadwood?

We actually played ok yesterday, but arsenal played well against us and soacked up the rpessure. We are still looknig for a proven striker and at a top club like this how much tmie do we give people to settle in?

Tehre are changes to be made but look at how we played, we were 2-0 down and should have brought it back, was a good learning curve for us, albeit in an important competition.

Was u drunk whilst writing this mate lol :D. I do also think we need a proven striker. Kuyt is a good one but all the best teams need atleast 2. some people may think he is passed it but do you think we should maybe go for Michael Owen possibly in a swap for crouch theres been a lnk between Newcastle and Crouch so is there a possibility

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:39 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:There are too many "bitches" on this forum who if you dont think their way, or if you dare to criticise any team players (or god forbid our manager!) will verbally castrate you!.The fact is we are not good enough to compete with the "big boys " at this time, we lack to many quality players who can preform week in and out. Rafa,s tactics, and team selections baffle me sometimes?...why bring on aurelleo?...why have bellamy running up and down the touch line all game? why play agger in place of sami?...and why if as a manager you are serious about retaining your cup play a second rate goalkeeper (who should have been shipped out last season) instead of the first choice goalkeeper?. I thought rafa had learned from these mistakes after the burnley debacle?...but obviously not.We need big investment and some decent scouts who can spot quality players otherwise we are going to contiue to buy sub-quality ones the likes of lucas neil to name but one! Arsenal deserved their victory last night, they ooze quality right through their ranks, (and on the bench) until we wake up and stop deluding ourselves that everything in "the garden" will turn out fine we will continue to hang on to these teams shirt tails, with very little hope of reaching those heights of class. :no

Why bring on Aurelio?   If you cant see the reason why he brought him on mate you really need to start talking about something else.  Maybe the bingo or Corry lad,  cause it was there for all to see, RIise was playing amazingly shiiiiiiter than he normally does. 

Couldnt you see that?

Ah so you must be one of those "bitches" who think they know all eh/ (fukk all) well what was the difference between aurelleo/riise?......they have both been playing sh1t..thats what! so tell me why swap one for another/ it gave us no advantage? craig was the sub we all wanted we were chasing the game for fukks sake you dim-wit! ...so what does rafa do?..he takes a defender off who has been :censored: all season...and brings on one who is worse (if its possible) its nerds like you murphy who need to take those rose tinted glasses off and wake up man...and "smell the coffee"...its people like you living in self denial who should be watching big brother...people with no lives1 ha ha,.  :rasp
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:53 pm

you're talking absolute bollox there aintcha? your cockney is rubbish mate

I can understand someone from Stanmore & Harrow or wherever not comprehending the text, after all you aint a Londoner :D
66-1112520797

Postby jedwards » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:06 pm

I do sincerely believe we will end up the season empty handed, and missing out a place in the top four, by next month we will out of all cups competition, and all that due to dead weight players that we have in the present squad plus to bad team selection by manager!!!. The minute I heard that he had selected Dudek in goal I said to my friends we lost the game, he was at huge faults with the three goals, in the first one, he was out of position ready to be chipped, in the second he was very slow to react in saving a slow shot, and like wise with the third goal, a very weak shot, all the goal were saveable, and a better goalkeeper it will be a different story. Arsenal knew they had to change third choice keeper, their second choice is much better.

I just do not understand why Bellamy, did not come on in the second half, this is a cup game, and when you are behind by 0-2, the manager should put on an extra striker by taking out one of wide players, and go for it!!!!!, Rafa's change in the second half is a negative one, by swapping a left back for another one, it did not enhance the attacking plan nor the defensive one!!!. I just wonder if Rafa is the right manager to take Liverpool FC to more everlasting successes after the Club's take over? ????  There are a big question mark against his market buying and team selection in big game, where the team does lack steel, and subject to bad boys mistakes!!!!!.

The new elected board of directors really needs to weight out those bad customs that are being imbedded in the club since early 90's.

Thank you
:angry:
jedwards

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:34 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:

Couldnt you see that?

Ah so you must be one of those "bitches" who think they know all eh/ (fukk all) well what was the difference between aurelleo/riise?......they have both been playing sh1t..thats what! so tell me why swap one for another/ it gave us no advantage? craig was the sub we all wanted we were chasing the game for fukks sake you dim-wit! ...so what does rafa do?..he takes a defender off who has been :censored: all season...and brings on one who is worse (if its possible) its nerds like you murphy who need to take those rose tinted glasses off and wake up man...and "smell the coffee"...its people like you living in self denial who should be watching big brother...people with no lives1 ha ha,.  :rasp

Grow up will you!

Aurelio done much better than Riise when he come on both in attack and defence.  Even though we never had much defending to do in the second half.  An yes we did all want Bellamy to come on,  well I did anyway and i was shocked he never come on to be honest.   The only reason why I think Rafa never brought him on was that we had Arsenal on the back foot.  It looked like we were going to score intill Henry scored.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:51 pm

I thought the idea of this forum was to promote sensible discussions on L.FC./football topics...people are entitled to their opinons i happen to think your assesment of the substitution to be wrong murphy...i may have gone over the top a bit but when you start infering that i should be watching soaps..then what response do you expect from me? I have been watching L.F.C. for many years all home and at many away games so i think i know a bit about liverpools problems at the moment, that dose not make me an expert..but treat me like a child...i think someone else needs to grow up on here...at the end of the day we are all L.F.C. fans. ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby goonermc » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:04 pm

Why don't you lads get Carson back from Charlton, he was excellent the other night at the Arsenal. It was 4, but without him it could have been 10. Even us Gooners were singing 'sign him up'. Also, well done for your protest last night against that little rat who's name i won't mention.
goonermc

Postby Noise Noise » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:21 pm

Did anyone hear Motson saying that it was an agreement between the managers to play their best teams yesterday minus the first choice keepers?  This is to do with the fact we play again on Tue and the 2nd string teams will play with the first choice goalies.

Oh and Lawro really does seem to overcompensate for any perceived bias about LFC.  Some of his comments were out of order and proved wrong in replays, yet he stuck to his guns in backing up the ref/ Arsenal.

Our defending was woefull, Riise got caught too far forward a lot, the CB's seemed scared to make tackles on the edge of the box.  OK Dudek didnt help us, but neither did his defenders help him.  Stevie played behind Alonso too often so we couldnt go through the middle and relied on crosses which Senderos especially dealt with easily.

As long as lessons are learned im not to despondant about clearing out our fixture list a bit.
Noise Noise

Postby jedwards » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:21 pm

:angry:

I think we will end up empty handed by next month, out of all cup competitions. The Manager made serious mistakes yesterday, no Fowler the best finisher in the squad, Dudek should never be in the side, he looked out of sort, slow to react, all three goal are saveable!!, the wrong chage in the second half, Rafa should put in another striker and have a real go for it after 0-2 down. I really do wonder if Rafa is the right manger to take LFC further to better things!!

After the take over, the new owner should really weight out of the option as to whether Rafa the right manager for this top club of under acheiving since the early 90's. buying some many dead weight players, Rafa is quite negative as the previous manager.

Just look at Man.united today, the two slowest players, but best finishers has scored the goals to put their club in next round, that is why Fowler should have a decent run in the team, and I am sure the goals would come, I am not the only one saying this, there are so many footballing experts saying the same thing, that is why I doubt the Rafa's judgement!!!!.
jedwards

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:28 pm

I see a night's sleep hasn't provided many members with any more perspective on yesterday's result.  A tough result against a good team, folks...no need to go off the deep end.   :)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:28 pm

jedwards wrote::angry:

I think we will end up empty handed by next month, out of all cup competitions. The Manager made serious mistakes yesterday, no Fowler the best finisher in the squad, Dudek should never be in the side, he looked out of sort, slow to react, all three goal are saveable!!, the wrong chage in the second half, Rafa should put in another striker and have a real go for it after 0-2 down. I really do wonder if Rafa is the right manger to take LFC further to better things!!

After the take over, the new owner should really weight out of the option as to whether Rafa the right manager for this top club of under acheiving since the early 90's. buying some many dead weight players, Rafa is quite negative as the previous manager.

Just look at Man.united today, the two slowest players, but best finishers has scored the goals to put their club in next round, that is why Fowler should have a decent run in the team, and I am sure the goals would come, I am not the only one saying this, there are so many footballing experts saying the same thing, that is why I doubt the Rafa's judgement!!!!.

I'd brace yourself for some abuse if i was you.  :D

You've got balls i'll give you that.  :D
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:33 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I see a night's sleep hasn't provided many members with any more perspective on yesterday's result.  A tough result against a good team, folks...no need to go off the deep end.   :)

i still feel the way i felt last week,but im annoyed that dudek was like a granny getin down to the last goal,we can still finish second   :D
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion