Some painful home truths after arsenal - Istanbul was 2 years ago...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby peterc1992 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:37 pm

HOMER wrote:agree with your comments pedro, also you need 2 kinds of strikers :-
1 with skill and can unlock defences
1 with pace to stretch defences and get behind them

we have neither:-arsenal have them, manure have them chavski have them.

kuyt works hard but is never going to be a big match winner. same with crouch-he's got a bog roll head - no power in the headers :)

yeh mate ,what u talking bout we have bellamy
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:54 am

PabloAimar wrote:i can understand why bellamy wasnt played.

his pace is frightening to most defences, but not to clichy, toure or eboue.

we have to face facts: we're not good enough against the big 3. untill we have the funds or scouting network to hunt and sign players like ronaldo instead of pennant or gallas instead of aurelio and duff instead of gonzalez - we're never gonna be good enough.

Take a minute to read the lyrics to our anthem, maybe we should re-write that ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:06 am

we're never gonna be good enough.

When You Walk Through A Storm.
It Will Get A Little Bit Rough.
The Best Thing To Do Is Turn Back.
Because We're Never Gonna Be Good Enough.
Be Good.....Be Good....With Defeat In Your Heart..

And We're Never Gonna Be Good.....Enooooooughhhh!!!!!

Nah, let's stick with YNWA.
  :p
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:10 am

Well Red wrote:After watching the 'Pool be dumped out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle I don't want to pick anyone to blame, simply because we were shown up by a team which I have to say (however much it pains me to admit it) are about 3 years ahead of us at the moment in how they play their football. Arsenal were fast and clinical, and their positioning and awareness when counter attacking our goal was scary to watch.

Everytime they tore away gaping holes suddenly appeared in our defence and you got the feeling, as Henry and Van Persie and Gilberto suddenly appeared in our box out of nowhere, that they were going to score. I may well just speak for myself here, but everytime we got into the Arsenal half I just didn't get the feeling we were going to have a shot on goal, let alone score.

Peter Crouch wasn't fast enough to cause the Arsenal defenders any problems at all and I'm getting sick of his lack of an aerial threat. Everytime we get into an attacking position the ball is knocked out wide for one of the wide men to cross in and they're all aimed for Crouchie who, let's face it, is one of our worst headerers of the ball. If Garcia had his height and got his service, we'd have won against Arsenal and against Blackburn, and more convincingly against Spurs. I'm sure of it.

Predictable crosses and long balls up to Crouch just are not working and don't suit Liverpool's style of play. There's such an air of hit and hope about every ball we float into the box. Arsenal in contrast whip the ball in from all angles, pinging fast, low crosses right into the heart of penalty areas. The huge gulf between the teams can be summed up thus: we build up an attack for 20 minutes without a shot on target, then they break away with 3 quick passes and suddenly Henry's through one on one with our keeper and its 1-0. At the moment Newcastle's £15million valuation of Peter Crouch looks like a really tempting one to accept.

I could go on but my heart breaks as I write this. We will never win the league playing the way we do until we change our tactics so that we can break teams down. If we can't adapt to the fast paced quick passing game which the likes of Arsenal play then we need a player like Ronaldo (much as I loathe him) or Rooney who is actually going to run at defenders and test them. We had far too many players lurking around outside Arsenals area some 25 yards out content to just pass the buck (pardon me, 'ball') to each other in the hope that Arsenal would fall out of position - which clearly wasn't going to happen.

Finally, there has to be a fall guy. Dudek has to go, simple as that. He's not good enough for a team like Liverpool - I know he's considered a legend because of what he did against AC Milan and the wonder double-save he pulled off, however he's cost us the game tonight. He had 4 saves to make all game and let three goals in - the last two of which he should definately have saved. Rosicky's second bobbled past him and Henry's scuffed shot just rolled calmly under him á-la-Westerveld. The only save he did make was a parry from a weak Van Persie shot which he turned round the post, unnecessarily giving a corner away after a long spell of Liverpool possession. It is time to move on, Instanbul was two years ago...

I conclude by stressing that this should not be taken as an attack on Rafa. The guy's a genius, and of course knows far more about the working of football than possibly this whole forum community put together. I have faith he'll turn things around - but in order to do so it's painfully clear that a change in tactics is going to be necessary. That, and some very careful attacking signings.

So we are out of the cup and you think we are sh.it all of a sudden!!

FU.CK off you little tw@t

If we won you would have been wan.king all over your screen...One win and you judge??

I am ragging have been since the whistle blew...but co.ckheads like you make it worse....SCUM!
66-1120597113

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:26 am

peterc1992 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:One defeat and its all gone Pete Tong ?

Stu lad, you will never stop talking sh.ite will yer lad ?

pete tong? ???

Wrong.  :idea
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:17 am

Arsenal's first goal came virtually out of nothing, Rosicky who almost always shoots wide got it on target although Dudek was not in an ideal position, their second goal shouldn't have happened because Rosicky was surrounded by red shirts, received the ball at an angle to the Liverpool goal but was mysteriously allowed to run freely towards a position much more ideal for unleashing a dangerous shot yet all of them in red decided to admire his footwork and only as he was about to shoot did Gerrard try something resembling a tackle attempt, but meek by Gerrard's standards and the ball flew into the net.

Sure, a better goalkeeper than Dudek like Cech would surely got his hands to the ball on both occassions of Arsenal's first goal. But the thing about the second goal is that if you don't defend properly, you expose your goalkeeper to more danger, it's not Dall watching udek's fault, its much more his colleagues who were guilty of ball watching and admiring Rosicky's footwork. We lost the match by those tow goals Arsenal got againt the run of play, by the time they scored the third goal, we were already leaving gaps trying to equalise. Carra's mistake merely caps a losing day for us. Our strikers did not manage to be as clinical as Arsenal's on the day.

Overall, I'm not too bothered by this defeat as we did not appear to pick up injury problems. I'd be livid if the players tried this "defensive trick" again when we face Ronaldinho & co.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:54 am

I am sick to death of these personal attacks on people if they dare to critizise the club. Today we were :censored:, it isn't the end of the world and we can move on but we have to learn from this, and stop attacking each other.
The thing that really pisses me off though is why people drone on and on about Rafa being such a great manager. How many times has he managed to beat the top teams, not too many recently and that  surely is the ultimate test of any manager.
I cannot fathom why the f&^k he played crouch and dudek instead of bellamy and reina, maybe he was rotating to give himself more f'ing options, oh hang on there won't be any chance to explore these options as we are out of the damned FA Cup already!!
I agree he is an ok manager but he keeps making these screw-ups a little to often for my liking.

Anyway it's not all doom and gloom, lets get behind the team and hope we can thrash Arsenal in the worthless cup or whatever the hell it's called these days.
Come on the reds YNWA  :buttrock
heimdall

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:20 am

heimdall wrote:I am sick to death of these personal attacks on people if they dare to critizise the club. Today we were :censored:, it isn't the end of the world and we can move on but we have to learn from this, and stop attacking each other.
The thing that really pisses me off though is why people drone on and on about Rafa being such a great manager. How many times has he managed to beat the top teams, not too many recently and that  surely is the ultimate test of any manager.
I cannot fathom why the f&^k he played crouch and dudek instead of bellamy and reina, maybe he was rotating to give himself more f'ing options, oh hang on there won't be any chance to explore these options as we are out of the damned FA Cup already!!
I agree he is an ok manager but he keeps making these screw-ups a little to often for my liking.

Anyway it's not all doom and gloom, lets get behind the team and hope we can thrash Arsenal in the worthless cup or whatever the hell it's called these days.
Come on the reds YNWA  :buttrock

It was a confidence boost to Dudek...maybe it never paid off OK!Maybe Reina pulled a muscle?

As For Bellamy??If Crouch had been on the bench and Bellamy on the pitch??

You would have been screaming the opposite!
Its easy to criticise when we loose...................................................the bottom line is some on here are a pack of wolves when we loose,when we win they say FU.CK ALL!!
66-1120597113

Postby Well Red » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:21 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
Well Red wrote:After watching the 'Pool be dumped out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle I don't want to pick anyone to blame, simply because we were shown up by a team which I have to say (however much it pains me to admit it) are about 3 years ahead of us at the moment in how they play their football. Arsenal were fast and clinical, and their positioning and awareness when counter attacking our goal was scary to watch.

Everytime they tore away gaping holes suddenly appeared in our defence and you got the feeling, as Henry and Van Persie and Gilberto suddenly appeared in our box out of nowhere, that they were going to score. I may well just speak for myself here, but everytime we got into the Arsenal half I just didn't get the feeling we were going to have a shot on goal, let alone score.

Peter Crouch wasn't fast enough to cause the Arsenal defenders any problems at all and I'm getting sick of his lack of an aerial threat. Everytime we get into an attacking position the ball is knocked out wide for one of the wide men to cross in and they're all aimed for Crouchie who, let's face it, is one of our worst headerers of the ball. If Garcia had his height and got his service, we'd have won against Arsenal and against Blackburn, and more convincingly against Spurs. I'm sure of it.

Predictable crosses and long balls up to Crouch just are not working and don't suit Liverpool's style of play. There's such an air of hit and hope about every ball we float into the box. Arsenal in contrast whip the ball in from all angles, pinging fast, low crosses right into the heart of penalty areas. The huge gulf between the teams can be summed up thus: we build up an attack for 20 minutes without a shot on target, then they break away with 3 quick passes and suddenly Henry's through one on one with our keeper and its 1-0. At the moment Newcastle's £15million valuation of Peter Crouch looks like a really tempting one to accept.

I could go on but my heart breaks as I write this. We will never win the league playing the way we do until we change our tactics so that we can break teams down. If we can't adapt to the fast paced quick passing game which the likes of Arsenal play then we need a player like Ronaldo (much as I loathe him) or Rooney who is actually going to run at defenders and test them. We had far too many players lurking around outside Arsenals area some 25 yards out content to just pass the buck (pardon me, 'ball') to each other in the hope that Arsenal would fall out of position - which clearly wasn't going to happen.

Finally, there has to be a fall guy. Dudek has to go, simple as that. He's not good enough for a team like Liverpool - I know he's considered a legend because of what he did against AC Milan and the wonder double-save he pulled off, however he's cost us the game tonight. He had 4 saves to make all game and let three goals in - the last two of which he should definately have saved. Rosicky's second bobbled past him and Henry's scuffed shot just rolled calmly under him á-la-Westerveld. The only save he did make was a parry from a weak Van Persie shot which he turned round the post, unnecessarily giving a corner away after a long spell of Liverpool possession. It is time to move on, Instanbul was two years ago...

I conclude by stressing that this should not be taken as an attack on Rafa. The guy's a genius, and of course knows far more about the working of football than possibly this whole forum community put together. I have faith he'll turn things around - but in order to do so it's painfully clear that a change in tactics is going to be necessary. That, and some very careful attacking signings.

So we are out of the cup and you think we are sh.it all of a sudden!!

FU.CK off you little tw@t

If we won you would have been wan.king all over your screen...One win and you judge??

I am ragging have been since the whistle blew...but co.ckheads like you make it worse....SCUM!

please, that was wholly unnecessary. I wrote that all because it's the way I've been feeling about the team since the Arsenal match back in November when they completely demolished and outclassed us. I simply used this game as a basis to highlight where there are problems tactically and personnel-wise in our team.

I do not think we are :censored: all of a sudden, because it's clear our team, is very good - we just cannot compete against Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea - and therefore won't win the league until wwe change that.

I am not a little tw@t or a coc.khead or scum. I wrote a decent enough topic on my views as to why we went out of the cup and why we won't be challenging for the league next season unless there are changes. It was written to provoke similarly thoughtful replies and criticism because, after all, that's what this forum is for. Just because you have hundreds more posts than me doesn't mean you can just insult me and treat me like a piece of :censored: on your shoe. Shouldn't we be encouraging people to post stuff like what I wrote and thus spark a quality discussion on our team's football? I see you doing none of that, so maybe you should think twice about pressing [add reply] when all you've typed in is a strand of abuse and nothing constuctive which will further the discussion.

Nik
Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:41 pm

Arsenal 3 years ahead of us? i dont see how you came to that conclusion. We dominated that game from start to finish but at some points arsenal did have a few niggles and sad to say they took those little chances and punished us. Numerous people have said Peter crouch is :censored:. When he scored that goal against Bolton you divs saying Crouch is :censored: was praising him we even have a thread in which most people dont want him to leave the club. The simple reason why you say this on crouch is because he isnt the ideal striker but his touch is amazing and can score goals. Gerrard and Carragher these are liverpool through and through but even these two didnt have the best of games. And the soon as people start taking the heads outta there :censored: and supporting the team and the whole team the better.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:47 pm

Arsenal three years ahead of us haaa haaaa.

We got beat yes, but i think if we would of had our real number 1 in goal all three of there goals would of been saved.   I hear Rafa promised Dudek that he would be playing in the domestic cup at the begining of the season.  He wasnt to know we would get Arsenal in the first round.  I was looking forward to going to the Wembley aswell.  Looks like we will ave to wait till next year.  And good look to Arsenal.

Now stop whining about being so far behind the so called top three.  CAuse were not that far behind them at all.  An it wont be long before we have the 19th league title in the bag.  Just be patient and support the team threw good times and bad would you.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:57 pm

:kungfu:
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:59 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
peterc1992 wrote:

pete tong? ???

Its really uncle Willy to ear a mickey north off about Southerners and what not. Yet the fore & aft daff-a-down merchant uses rhyming slang as his brass tacks.
66-1112520797

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:06 pm

There are too many "bitches" on this forum who if you dont think their way, or if you dare to criticise any team players (or god forbid our manager!) will verbally castrate you!.The fact is we are not good enough to compete with the "big boys " at this time, we lack to many quality players who can preform week in and out. Rafa,s tactics, and team selections baffle me sometimes?...why bring on aurelleo?...why have bellamy running up and down the touch line all game? why play agger in place of sami?...and why if as a manager you are serious about retaining your cup play a second rate goalkeeper (who should have been shipped out last season) instead of the first choice goalkeeper?. I thought rafa had learned from these mistakes after the burnley debacle?...but obviously not.We need big investment and some decent scouts who can spot quality players otherwise we are going to contiue to buy sub-quality ones the likes of lucas neil to name but one! Arsenal deserved their victory last night, they ooze quality right through their ranks, (and on the bench) until we wake up and stop deluding ourselves that everything in "the garden" will turn out fine we will continue to hang on to these teams shirt tails, with very little hope of reaching those heights of class. :no
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:14 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
peterc1992 wrote:

pete tong? ???

Its really uncle Willy to ear a mickey north off about Southerners and what not. Yet the fore & aft daff-a-down merchant uses rhyming slang as his brass tacks.

you're talking absolute bollox there aintcha? your cockney is rubbish mate :D

A lot of people here are havign a laugh though. Cant we have a january transfer and clear out a lot of the lfc forum deadwood?

We actually played ok yesterday, but arsenal played well against us and soacked up the rpessure. We are still looknig for a proven striker and at a top club like this how much tmie do we give people to settle in?

Tehre are changes to be made but look at how we played, we were 2-0 down and should have brought it back, was a good learning curve for us, albeit in an important competition.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion