Sky/Internet Generation Fans

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:58 pm

I think the supporters who are overally critical of our management and players are the ones who are more hurt by our performances and results than those who put their fingers in their ears, hum a rattling tune and seemingly appear to be ignoring the dire straits we find ourselves in at the moment.

7_Kewell is right to ask questions about Kenny's tactical nous because today he got it wrong, his subsitutions weren't amazing either tbh! Our ship appears to be sinking and the Captain of the ship doesn't appear to have any idea of how to resolve the matter. It seems to be a case of "let's just weather the storm and plod along". The players look rudderless and directionless on the pitch as well. It's just not good enough I'm afraid and I cannot find the strength to carry on defending the seemingly indefensible. I'm still going to support Dalglish's corner, but things need to change in the last few games and we need to start winning matches. Our confidence is shot to pieces and it appears the management have not one idea between them as to how to alter the slide we're on.

Those supporters who were tearing their hair out in Rafa's last season and who were sounding for replacements must have no hair left and a sore throat to compile their misery still further. Be careful what you wish for, we had a brilliant manager who had done fantastically well and this club was willing to stick the knife into his back the moment the wheels on bus stopped turning round and round and round and we're paying the price for it now. Karma is a b*tch isn't it?
Boxscarf

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:29 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:58 pm wrote:I think the supporters who are overally critical of our management and players are the ones who are more hurt by our performances and results than those who put their fingers in their ears, hum a rattling tune and seemingly appear to be ignoring the dire straits we find ourselves in at the moment.

7_Kewell is right to ask questions about Kenny's tactical nous because today he got it wrong, his subsitutions weren't amazing either tbh! Our ship appears to be sinking and the Captain of the ship doesn't appear to have any idea of how to resolve the matter. It seems to be a case of "let's just weather the storm and plod along". The players look rudderless and directionless on the pitch as well. It's just not good enough I'm afraid and I cannot find the strength to carry on defending the seemingly indefensible. I'm still going to support Dalglish's corner, but things need to change in the last few games and we need to start winning matches. Our confidence is shot to pieces and it appears the management have not one idea between them as to how to alter the slide we're on.

Those supporters who were tearing their hair out in Rafa's last season and who were sounding for replacements must have no hair left and a sore throat to compile their misery still further. Be careful what you wish for, we had a brilliant manager who had done fantastically well and this club was willing to stick the knife into his back the moment the wheels on bus stopped turning round and round and round and we're paying the price for it now. Karma is a b*tch isn't it?

if anything, today has convinced me more than ever that dalglish is not the main problem. the players were an absolute disgrace. we had a captain moping around sulking, a centre forward with an outrageous dive when it was easier to score and then throwing his toys out the pram when subbed, and a keeper who lost his rag due to all the pent up frustration.

today wasn't about tactics. first 15-20 minutes we played quite well. however our heads dropped far to quickly and that says more about the player's lack of mental strength and desire than anything else. kenny looked crestfallen on the touchline and who could blame him? he's hurting more than anybody right now because the player's on the pitch just seem to be going through the motions. none if them should get paid after that shambles today.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:31 pm

stmichael » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:29 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:58 pm wrote:I think the supporters who are overally critical of our management and players are the ones who are more hurt by our performances and results than those who put their fingers in their ears, hum a rattling tune and seemingly appear to be ignoring the dire straits we find ourselves in at the moment.

if anything, today has convinced me more than ever that dalglish is not the main problem. the players were an absolute disgrace. we had a captain moping around sulking, a centre forward with an outrageous dive when it was easier to score and then throwing his toys out the pram when subbed, and a keeper who lost his rag due to all the pent up frustration.

today wasn't about tactics. first 15-20 minutes we played quite well. however our heads dropped far to quickly and that says more about the player's lack of mental strength and desire than anything else. kenny looked crestfallen on the touchline and who could blame him? he's hurting more than anybody right now because the player's on the pitch just seem to be going through the motions. none if them should get paid after that shambles today.

stop getting tickets to games now Mick!  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Kenny Kan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:46 pm wrote:It seems our 'excellent' support, were getting all excited at the fact we lost to Newcastle today - just to rub it in that lil further and to attack the manager.

The mind boggles... the pleasure some appear to take in the wake of a loss is quite extraordinary.

Sorry but can you actually name the member of this forum who are happy with that result, I want names instead of your pathetic insinuations?

I think it's much more likely that you enjoyed the loss because it gave you a chance to come on here and claim to be the better fan again.
heimdall

Postby banana(real one) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:44 pm

That's a good one, the one responsible has no responsibility. It is the fans, the owners, Comolli, the physio, the goalkeeping coach, the pitch, bad luck, bad refereeing, to many shots in the post, FA, AF, Rafa, Roy, Souness, goalkeeper having a blinder, negativity off the pitch, bad players and so on and so on.
banana(real one)
LFC Basic Member

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:46 pm

i don't disagree with anything you said except who is to blame. The manager of a football club these days is a man-manager, i.e he is the one who is supposed to get the players fired up and in the correct mental state to win games. This is clearly not happening and that is 100% Kenny's fault. One thing which I found alarming was when Stevie G was dismissively waving kenny off the pitch after the Reina incident, that indicated that Kenny might be losing the dressing room which is a massive worry.
heimdall

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:50 pm

Mate, it's all about tactics...today we started well...but then Newcastle changes their shape and then we got dicked on. Its happened all season...we start well, opposition manager realises what's wrong and changes his set up to counter act our play. Meanwhile, Kenny does nothing and wonders why we go from dominating to losing. It's basic footie management!!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:54 pm

I don't disagree with your view StMichael that the players have disgraced themselves, but I disagree with you when you say the manager is not the problem. He might not be the problem, but he is a problem. His decisions to bring in players who just aren't good enough/aren't consistent enough is a problem. His seeming lack of tactical nous is also another problem and his inability to make the required changes when the team is on the backfoot is also a problem. Dalglish seems not to know what his best formation and starting line up is. He doesn't seem like a manager who knows how to turn things around. We headed into the fog with no fog lights and now we are well and truly lost. Today was as bad as anything from the Hodgson era or Benitez's last season. Our form is just dreadful it's probably worse than the Hodgson era in all honesty, but it seems some people are not too worried about this. They are more worried about defending Kenny just because he's the greatest footballer to have ever played for our club. I think Kenny himself would agree that not even he is bigger than Liverpool football club and as much as he is hurting on the touchline, because he undoubtedly is, he has to take responsibility for what has been a disastrous league campaign.
Boxscarf

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:44 pm

the irony of newcastle supporters singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" to kenny today really wound me up. typical of fans in the modern age to chant about another teams manager when their own team is winning 2-0. ok kenny hardly set the world alight at newcastle but at least have some f#cking respect. is bad enough amongst our own fanbase.

these are the same newcastle fans who basically wanted pardew out before a ball was kicked and hounded out allardyce. they've sacked more managers in the last 10 years than i've had hot dinners.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:52 pm

stmichael » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:44 pm wrote:the irony of newcastle supporters singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" to kenny today really wound me up. typical of fans in the modern age to chant about another teams manager when their own team is winning 2-0. ok kenny hardly set the world alight at newcastle but at least have some f#cking respect. is bad enough amongst our own fanbase.

these are the same newcastle fans who basically wanted pardew out before a ball was kicked and hounded out allardyce. they've sacked more managers in the last 10 years than i've had hot dinners.

i thought they were getting their own back for our fans giving shearer loads of stick the season they went down.
remember the chants about him being sacked and how he should have stayed on match of the day?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:27 pm

stmichael » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:44 pm wrote:the irony of newcastle supporters singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" to kenny today really wound me up. typical of fans in the modern age to chant about another teams manager when their own team is winning 2-0. ok kenny hardly set the world alight at newcastle but at least have some f#cking respect. is bad enough amongst our own fanbase.

seems to be working out pretty good for them though doesn't it.
heimdall

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:06 pm

heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:27 pm wrote:
seems to be working out pretty good for them though doesn't it.

At the moment it does, it might not stay that way next season, who knows. I bet as soon as the wheels start coming off Pardew's head will be on the chopping block.
Boxscarf

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:29 pm

Newcastle fans make me laugh. Everyone says how they are the best fans in the country but they are just bitter moaning bar stewards
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spiceboys2014 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Realistically, kneejerk and panic aside, what are our options?

1. Sack him now.

2. keep him and give him some cash in the summer.

3. Close the club down and start and ice hockey team.
spiceboys2014
LFC Basic Member

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:49 pm

dawson99 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:29 pm wrote:Newcastle fans make me laugh. Everyone says how they are the best fans in the country but they are just bitter moaning bar stewards

They're like every other fan base, impatient, spoilt and generally moronic. I see no difference between their fan base and ours in all honesty.
Boxscarf

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion