Sinama-pongolle - Your thoughts on his value to the team

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bedlovedays » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:11 am

He has come through with some key goals for us.
Might be a wise move to keep him.
He is on the bench against Chelsea today and with Crouch starting is sure to get a run towards the end of the game.
bedlovedays

Postby GOAT » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:21 am

Looks like the guy is on his way out soon, i would like for him to stay, he hasnt had a proper chance to prove himself here, but it looks like rafa has decided to let him go, probably with the imminent arrival of another striker, who is probably kuyt. He wont really get a look in in the team with crouch fowler bellamy and kuyt ahead of him
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:26 am

yes....and remember we use the 4-5-1 formation alot so we wont be needing more than 4 strikers in our first team squad imo !
+ We can play garcia as a second striker... he's great and now that we have extra depth in the midfield depart. we will be wanting to use Garcia in a more advanced role where he would give his best !
So.... much as i would like to see sinama in our squad...i think the right thing to do is offer to loan him to a midtable prem. club !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:28 am

hes still very young (22 or 23). he has a staggering amount of pace and power for such a little guy. i think he should only leave for his own good maybe go to a French club or another Prem club (i seem to remember Newcastle after him last christmas???)
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby buxxy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:45 am

pongolle is a great player i think
buxxy

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:02 am

I think Pongolle has the makings of a great player - but sadly, it won't be for us.
If FSP hadn't of got injured early on in 2005, then I think we would of seen a different player now. He was just starting to cement a place in the squad, and he'd had a purple patch over the Christmas period. The injury made him miss out on the opportunity to impress when we were so short of strikers. By the time he was fit again, we had Cisse fit, Morrientes and new signing Peter Crouch.
Sometimes players are a victim of circumstance, and FSP is certainly one of those.
I'd prefer to see him move on and establish himself at another club rather than kicking around the touchlines at Anfield - the lad deserves it.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:09 am

NiftyNeil wrote:I'd prefer to see him move on and establish himself at another club rather than kicking around the touchlines at Anfield - the lad deserves it.

For his sake i hope this happens

He's not a great player, but he does deserve first team football.

It would be nice to hear what he thinks
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:15 am

I think he has the potential to be a first team player at the top level, he just wont get a look in here, better to go to a midtable club or something and play regular first team football, he could do well for himself. But with us having 4 forwards (if kuyt does arrive) ahead of him in the pecking order here he just wouldnt get the chance.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:26 am

Pongolle is a good player but unfortunatly he isnt good enough for us IMO.
66-1112520797

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:27 am

bedlovedays wrote:He is on the bench against Chelsea today and with Crouch starting is sure to get a run towards the end of the game.

Where does it say?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:33 pm

He is one of my fav players, but he cant play regularly in the League. He is a good player but there are better forwards in the squad.

Maybe he'll be loaned ?..
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:14 pm

I Always felt he was a better player than Cisse, and he's still young. He's very quick, skilful and has good touch. His finishing isn’t too bad either, he's definitely good enough for a premiership side, whether its gonna be us is up to Rafa in the end. If we don't end up signing another striker before the window closes then I'd keep him in the squad (if he's happy playing mostly reserve games and the odd start in the cup or substitute appearance in the league).

If we sign Kuyt or someone else then I don't think Rafa will keep him. Personally I'd like to see him loaned out to another prem side that is going to give him a fair bit of playing time (unlike Blackburn did last season) and see how he goes. I still think he has something to offer the club at his young age, but my suspicion is that if Rafa gets a reasonable offer he'll sell him.

He played an important role in the lead up to number 5, particularly the goal against Olympiakos at Anfield, which opened up the opportunity for us to complete that 3-1 comeback. For that I will always fondly remember him.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:22 pm

Just think back to Luton Town.... He has a value as an impact player, we shouldn't be too hasty to get rid......

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:12 pm

Pongo is an excellent player and his potential is frightening. If we don't buy another striker this season, then I think FSP will get a chance to prove what he's really made of!
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:31 pm

In 2005 Pongo was given his chance because cisse was injured and so was baros. During this time he played well and chipped in with goals but he got injured against Watford and missed the rest of the season. He has pace and skills and the ability to come on off the bench and change a game. Such as Olympiakos or Luton. He has good awarness of others around him and can also provide goals. I think he may prove useful - if given the chance. I'd like him to stay but as we all know Rafa has more football knowledge than I and many ever will.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion