Bolton on sunday, any thoughts... - ...on what the team or score will be

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:02 am

Got a good feelin about us bouncin back on sunday with a three nil win....also i hope josemi is back at rb with carra back at center half andi think garcia will start on the right and Alonso will be on the bench cos i reckon it would be a bit harsh to drop Hamann cos hes started the saeason well and we missed him big time on tuesday night.....and its gonna be a tough decision wether to give warnock his chance and drop Kewell.
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:09 am

Alonso has been brought in to play alongside Gerrard and thats what i think should happen!
I like Hamann but i dont think he particularly fits in to the rafa's plans of playing football!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fingers » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:15 am

Agree with most of that mate,

not too sure about dropping Kewell though, as others have said before, i think its a confidence thing, dropping him to the bench would probably crush the fella. Also maybe now with Garcia, who can play on the left,  he'll pull his socks up and put in the kind of performances that we know he can? ???

who do you reckon for scorers, might have a flutter on Gerrard for the first goal. :)
As always I am focused on supporting the Cloob and the Manager
Fingers

Postby Shanti » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:16 am

we must win or we'll be thrown out some miles away into a deep tricky depression syndrome.
LOVE
SHANTI WULANSARI
Shanti

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:21 am

I think this shoud be our starting 11:
Dudek
Josemi (if fit, Finnan if not)
Carra
Hyypia
Riise
Garcia
Gerrard
Alonso
Kewell (one last chance to deliever the goods)
Cissè
Baros

As I`ve said in another thread, we`ve got a lot to prove after the Grazer match and I hounestly would have hoped that we were to take on manure now, because `we`re about to witness world class football from the rafalutioned Liverpool :)
3-0, Cissè, Baros and Alonso - 2 assists by Gerrard and 1 by Kewell :D
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:25 am

I think that we will put up a better show than on tuesday Rafa did'nt look happy after the game :devil: :angry: and i'm sure he will demand a better show. Dunno about droping Kewell but maybe it would be the kick up the ar*e he needs. ??? Can't wait to get a look at the new guys although i agree with Bruno that dropping Didi would be harsh.
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fingers » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:33 am

Can you honestly see us putting another performance like Tues....ever??

especially now the new boys are here??
As always I am focused on supporting the Cloob and the Manager
Fingers

Postby 103-1093523629 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:36 am

would like to see kewell given another chance dropping him would be harsh but we should swop hamann and see what comes think we should win it but not going to be easy bolton have been doing very well so far
103-1093523629

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:57 am

Redtribe wrote:Alonso has been brought in to play alongside Gerrard and thats what i think should happen!
I like Hamann but i dont think he particularly fits in to the rafa's plans of playing football!

Just a comment about your Hamann-statement. At the end of the Grazer game, when we were pushed back he brought on Didi, as I see it, to balance the mid and to shut the space between our centre backs and our centre mid. This makes me believe that Rafa has got a plan for Didi.
In my opinion Hamann is the best player we`ve got when it comes to defencive tactical intelligence. He`s got an ability to stay calm in hectic moments which is going to be valuable when we take on teams that is gonna push us back on the pitch. Gerrard and Alonso are both world-class players and the obvious pairing as a central mid. duo, but their extreme qualities are, in my opinion, linked to the offencive more than the defencive game. I believe that with Didi in the squad we have the opportunities to adjust to the oponants. F.i. in the away game vs Deportivo we might pitch a 5 player mid, with Didi as an anchor man, denying the spaniards space between our mid and the backline.

I`m pretty sure that Didi will have less time on the pitch than in the previous season, but I believe that he is going to play a vital role in the squad, nevertheless.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:07 am

If we play diao,potter and kewell again like against gratz, we will definately get beat. thats not me just being negative, that is a fact!

Potter is not good enough for the first team, simple as!

Although Im not Hamans biggest fan, Id play him for Diao and warnock for kewell.

mind u alonso and co will probably figure somewhere, so u never know.
72-1090627431

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:09 am

Hustlers Revenge wrote:If we play diao,potter and kewell again like against gratz, we will definately get beat. thats not me just being negative, that is a fact!

Potter is not good enough for the first team, simple as!

Although Im not Hamans biggest fan, Id play him for Diao and warnock for kewell.

mind u alonso and co will probably figure somewhere, so u never know.

Can't you take a hint knob jockey ??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:43 am

I didnt know you were running these forums???

just go and flush your face down the toilet you homo
72-1090627431

Postby who the hell is diarra » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:49 am

Such insight on Potter after 90 whole mins ! Give him a chance he's not ready for the first team yet but the whole midfield was shi*e so an academy debutant shoouldn't be written of just yet!
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:34 pm

Just one thought;

The path of the rightous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and justice shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truely his others keeper and the finder of lost children and I will strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother and you will now my name is the Lord when I lay my vengence upon thee.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:50 pm

Bolton 2 Liverpool 4
One Dudek howler, one Hencoz away day. Two goals from Stevie G.and one each from Baros and Cisse.   Meat Pies all round for the Spaniards. :O  :O
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion