Sinama-pongolle - Your thoughts on his value to the team

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jkop » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:41 pm

Pongo is a good wee player i would have liked him to stay he has performed brilliant in a few games for us like Cardinalred mentioned against Luton town. :wwww
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:03 pm

Pongo's youth is in fact his best friend!
On the bench at LFC is better than in the first team at Backburn....or is it???

I feel that Pongolle has the potential to be a teams best player...but not LFC's and sh..t never mind..shes got my fajitas ready!!! :D
66-1120597113

Postby redmikey » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:03 pm

imho i think that all the talk of us needing a striker is over looking a player that we already have PING PONG, he has made the mistake of crossing rafa in the press but he is young and talented so i think he could play a big part this term

GH wasn't the best talent scout in the world but alot of people were after alt and sp when we got them , i just hope he can step up and keep his gob shut
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:46 am

did any one notice that pongolle looked like hes been in the gym aklot lately yesterday vs chelsea he looked pretty muscley
Kopite-Jud

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:06 am

I hope he gets a good chance to prove what he can do.  He deserves a decent run in the side im my eyes, as if it werent for him we might not of won the European Cup and the FA Cup in recent seasons.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:28 pm

I hope he stays, i can see it must be frustrating for him being so far down the pecking order but he is such an exciting player to bring on as a substitute.
I dont think he gets enough playing time, i wouldnt start him, but with twenty minutes to go when the opposition are tiring he is an ideal player to bring on.
If he does go i would totally understand his reasons but be disappointed. He played a major part in the European and F.A cup wins with vital goals.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:00 pm

Kopite-Jud wrote:did any one notice that pongolle looked like hes been in the gym aklot lately yesterday vs chelsea he looked pretty muscley

i noticed that too. Hopefully he would get a chance. really like him. if he keeps working hard and take his chance in the future as Rafa likes to rotate alot, especially for lighter games, he might stay around.
whylongball?

Postby taff » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:23 pm

I like hime but we have to be cold about the decision.  The only compromise I can think of is this is his last season to break into the first team properly otherwise its no good for the club or the player
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:29 pm

taff wrote:I like hime but we have to be cold about the decision.  The only compromise I can think of is this is his last season to break into the first team properly otherwise its no good for the club or the player

If he does stay for this season there may be a gap next year if (BLASPHEMY) Robbie goes.
account deleted by request

Postby taff » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:33 pm

Or maybe not.  What if he stays.
I do like Pongo but we have to be fair to the player and the club, hanging around for a season will do him and us no good,  If he has a chance then we can see what his desire and fight is like.

Another thread is mentioning the possibility of Le Tallec coming back, maybe linking with him is a remote possibility for the future
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:44 pm

If we cant get a striker in we may have to keep him anyway. The Kuyt deal seems to be dying and the Kloser deal seems dead even before we got a decent rumour. Maybe we could just buy Alves and use Pongole as our fourth striker?
account deleted by request

Postby Billy_5_Times » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:51 pm

I've always liked Flo and would be disappointed to see him leave. I don't for one minute think he will be a world class player but I think he an do a good job for us. His skill and pace is something we don't really have. So keep Flo and use him in the roation because if one of our strikers get injured we can put Flo in or on the bench.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby skipper » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:10 pm

He's contributed some big goals (Olympiakos in CL, Luton in FA Cup, Spurs in Carling Cup) and has a lot of potential.  As of right now, Bellamy's the only really pacey striker we have besides Pongolle.  With such a long season ahead, I would keep Pongolle especially if we don't sign another striker.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:21 pm

I've been reading rumours linking him with osasuna in the last month, and today they seem much stronger rumours. According to the local press of Pamplona (Osasuna) the contacts are being intense, but where as Osasuna would want him on loan, Rafa wants a transfer as he apparently wants to buy another striker and needs that money for that.

I don't know what's going to happen but that's what can be read here.

I have seen not enough of Pongolle as I would have liked, but when he played for us in the FA, and against Betis away, he was more than ok. I would have liked to see more of him.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Geo » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:35 am

i think sinama is a really handy player to have in the squad, i just fear he's not really getting alot of games under rafa who dosnt seem really that impressed with him, just another left over from GH's days. if we dont buy another striker i expect sinama to stay and hopefully he'll get a few more chances if theres any injuries with robbie or bellamy.
Geo

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion